PDA

View Full Version : Have they won or are we overreacting?

Chief galah
27th Aug 2006, 10:37
Dutifully dispatched spouse, spouse's mum and spouse's daughter to Sydney for spouse's nieces baby shower.
Non-carry on luggage is packed with frivolous western baby articles, one of which is possessed and plays music at will.
Spouse declares thus at check in and, because the little demon cannot be exorcised, it is sent to the sin bin.
This is not unexpected and causes little trauma to spouse. Still worth a try is the message.
So, the actions a very, very small minority of 6 billion earthlings have rained on the parade of a yet to be born human.
Pretty effective but to what end one wonders.
Still, for this Ppruner, the pleasure and westernly decadent dinner of pizza and beer, AND being able to put ones feet up on the coffee table without rebuke,
has possibly kept the universe in balance.
CG

Ultralights
27th Aug 2006, 10:43
as fas as im concerned, They have won by a long shot! and will continue winning for some time! every time i look down and see this stupid ASIC card around my neck when i fly, they have won, every time i strip almost naked to board a flight, they have won, now my partner is 8 months pregnant, i dread taking the baby on a flight anywhere, they have won! what kind of mentality are we fighting that will happily use an innocent baby to smuggle explosives on an aircraft or anywhere, in their fight to convert or kill all infidels? sadly they have no morality, and use our moral standings and hard earned freedoms against us.

onya
27th Aug 2006, 11:30
I agree Ultralights. In my job we do a lot of positioning through the US, EU and ME. The crap we have to go through now just to board an aircraft has become the No. 1 topic of conversation (read 'gripe') amongst crew.

what kind of mentality are we fighting that will happily use an innocent baby to smuggle explosives on an aircraft or anywhere, in their fight to convert or kill all infidels? sadly they have no morality, and use our moral standings and hard earned freedoms against us.

Sadly you are 100% correct. And your last sentence sums it up aptly.

Shitsu_Tonka
27th Aug 2006, 12:15
Ironically, from the GA side of things, restrictions in Australia (ASIC) are a lot tougher than in the US, where this whole over reaction thing started.

rammel
27th Aug 2006, 21:08
If the toy was a Furby (I think that is the name), weren't those banned a while a go as they are an electronic item which can not be switched off.

slamer.
27th Aug 2006, 21:31
they have won! what kind of mentality are we fighting that will happily use an innocent baby to smuggle explosives on an aircraft or anywhere, in their fight to convert or kill all infidels? sadly they have no morality, and use our moral standings and hard earned freedoms against us.

Agreed...... and sadly this will be our inevitable downfall, otherwise we become like them....... then we have truly lost our humanity!!

jack red
28th Aug 2006, 01:55
Hey fellas........come on now.

A little hardship at an airline check-in, a bit of inconvenience with ASIC cards and fearing that every baby on board an aircraft could conceal explosives. Exactly what that bearded, rag-headed, AK47 'totin bin Laden wants ! Put the fear of Allah into every Westerner and hope they all crawl into their shells and wait for the "Jihad" to reach it's grizzly finale! What a crock of ****e!

We'll it ain't going to happen around my part of the woods. This is still the best country in the world (having lived in four, I think I'm qualified to form that opinion) and I intend to live in it. Attend packed sporting stadiums and concerts, ride the public transport system and fly when and wherever I feel like it. I will however be vigilant during these activities as we should all be now.

Times have changed and we must change with them but this doesn't include yielding to a bunch of deranged fundamentalists!:mad:

bushy
28th Aug 2006, 02:08
I remember going to a restaurent in Hawai a few years ago, and noting that the waitresses all wore an ID card similar to the ASIC on their belts. We DO live in the best part of the world, where we have not had to worry much about this sort of thing in the past, but that is all changing rapidly.