PDA

View Full Version : 707 at Southend

REF
26th Aug 2006, 23:41
I was up at Southend for the Vulcan open day the other day and I spotted a white 707 with what looked like the registration VN-XBA on the tail. does anyone know the history or what it is doing there?

frostbite
27th Aug 2006, 16:50
Don't know, but they did around 30 minutes ground engine run on it yesterday.

EGMH
27th Aug 2006, 17:02
This thread may be of help.
Link (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=208377)

:ok:

REF
27th Aug 2006, 22:11
that looks like the one. Thanks

Mal S
28th Aug 2006, 10:36
I believe it is a model 138 (ex Qantas) and up until recently had a Saudi Reg.

company_spy
3rd Sep 2006, 06:45
I believe that it was the first 707-138 operated by QANTAS VH-EBA. The Outback Museum at Longreach is trying to restore it with the assistance of retired QF engineers to fly it back to Australia to be an exihbit with a 747-200 already there.

mikeboggan
21st Sep 2006, 08:44
Can anyone point me to a thread for the Qantas 707 at Southend?
Boeing have been requested to help out with the functional testing and I probably will be going.
Our information is vague at best, I have already helped them out with some nose gear scissor pt Nos, via a third party.
It would help us if we knew if we need to access to our "My Boeing fleet" information network for Service bulletin's or drawings, or any other relevant information.

Mike.

mary_hinge
21st Sep 2006, 11:15
Can anyone point me to a thread for the Qantas 707 at Southend?
Boeing have been requested to help out with the functional testing and I probably will be going.
Our information is vague at best, I have already helped them out with some nose gear scissor pt Nos, via a third party.
It would help us if we knew if we need to access to our "My Boeing fleet" information network for Service bulletin's or drawings, or any other relevant information.
Mike.

Is the B707 on MBF?

I believe the aircraft is out-side bay 4 of ATCs maintenance facilities, and they are providing assistance with the programme, tooling stores etc, so they could probably help with this if needed.

PM me if you need any further information.

Jamie-Southend
22nd Sep 2006, 11:24
Looks like the tailplane has been removed from it today as i went passed.

mikeboggan
22nd Sep 2006, 17:18
Mary
All Boeing aircraft are on My Boeing Fleet, if you have access to it.
It covers everything, from parts to drawings and Service bulletins, and much more, but you have to be authorised to have access.
If you don't have access then:ugh:

Mike

mary_hinge
24th Sep 2006, 19:34
Mike.

I have access to it, just don't need the B707. As I said, I'm surprised it was added given the few that remain in service.

Enjoy SEN, it's not that bad:ok: