PDA

View Full Version : Atpl(h) To Atpl(a)

jetflite
26th Aug 2006, 23:27
Anyone care to educate me on how the airliners view an ATPL(H) holder coming over to ATPL(A) and getting an F.O Job ? Is it possible if you hold both ATPL(H) & ATPL(A) ? would multi-crew, multi-engine IFR time help (H)?
I hold an Australian & British Passport so am interested in views from both sides of the globe.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
JF

Post Mod 516
29th Aug 2006, 12:15
Yes it can be done but don't expect to get straight into the rhs of a 747. Your hours will be factored by the airlines but the fact that they are multi-crew, multi- engine will help, any single pilot hours do not count for much with some employers. You will need to get a CPL(A) then get some hours flying something commercial. You can however use some of your helicopter hours towards the ATPL. Most airlines at the moment are looking for hours in something above 25tonnes but there are exceptions and jobs are available for someone with your experience. Best of luck.

hansstrudel
29th Aug 2006, 12:23
hi there,
I have a similar question, but a lower target to aspire:

current JAA ATPL (A) on Medium a/c Airline Cpt

looking to PPL (H) apart the 6 hours credit on flt hours that perhaps are needed to fullfil trng, any shortcut on the theory ???

I m getting older and louzy in the studying.....

Boeingmann
29th Aug 2006, 16:20
Anyone care to educate me on how the airliners view an ATPL(H) holder coming over to ATPL(A) and getting an F.O Job ? Is it possible if you hold both ATPL(H) & ATPL(A) ? would multi-crew, multi-engine IFR time help (H)?

There should be no problem, there are guys with similar background in the Airline I am working.;)

Whirlygig
30th Aug 2006, 13:12
looking to PPL (H) apart the 6 hours credit on flt hours that perhaps are needed to fullfil trng, any shortcut on the theory ???

Yes! You would probably only need to do the Helicopter Specific exams i.e. Air Law, Principles of Flight etc. I'm sure JAR-FCL2 will give the details!

Cheers

Whirls