PDA

View Full Version : BMI

judy the rudder
26th Aug 2006, 08:19
I have hit BMI BMI regional..on the search engine and its doesn t spit out what I want to know. This subject has I am sure been covered and I cannot find the link..I have an interview coming up in few weeks would anyone who has been through the mill mind giving be some background on what its like

Many thanks JTR:ok: :ok:

Yellow Sun
28th Aug 2006, 15:07
Judy,

In bmi you will find along with the English, Scots, Welsh and Irish (North & South) who come in the complete range of colours and sizes:

Americans
Canadians
Dutch
French
Australians
New Zealanders
Norweigians
French
Danes

That's the pilots, if you take in the cabin crew you can probably add as many more nationalities. You will not be unusual or out of place because you are American, female or anything else.

Good luck
YS

LAX
28th Aug 2006, 16:25
Judy

I woudn't take the comments personally. There are other threads on pprune that make similar comments to Americans working in Europe. I hear quite a few american accents over the air waves in Europe and think that some people are just venting their frustration that the curtacey to work/fly in the US is not returned to Europeans. I have experianced your countrys imrmigration system first hand and its like banging your head against a brick wall. I should have been a Mexican. For those waiting to get their first break into commercial flying (considering through the JAR system they may have spent the best part of $120 000 on an Integrated course, and then be asked to pay for a Type Rating), regardless of experiance, its frustrating to them that the airlines feel it necessary to fill jobs with people from North America.

To answer your original question expect a drop in the standard of living, high taxes compared to Texas and ok..........ish customer service. As regards bmi I have a few friends in bmi baby, all seem reasonably happy and fly around 800hrs/year. Do a search as they are about to go on strike over pay.

Good luck.

judy the rudder
28th Aug 2006, 21:07
thanks chaps I think that little discussion got edited , anyway many thanks for your support for a moment there I thought I was loosing my head!:)

scroggs
29th Aug 2006, 08:53
Yes, the little xenophobic spat was removed.

For specific BMI information on Pprune, you'll have to search off-board as the on-board search engine will not reference words of three letters or less. The best way I have found to do it is to use the 'advanced search' facility of Google or similar and specify the site to search and phrases to search for. This (http://www.google.com/search?q=BMI+site:www.pprune.org&hl=en&lr=lang_en&client=opera&rls=en&as_qdr=m6&start=10&sa=N) is a Google advanced search for BMI on Pprune in the last 6 months.

I hope this helps.

Scroggs