PDA

View Full Version : Ansett Reunion

B772
26th Aug 2006, 06:03
I understand the 5th AN reunion is due to be held of Fri 01 Sep at the Oxford Scholar Hotel in Swanston St Melbourne.
A 2GB CD with the complete history of the AN Group of Airlines from 1921 to 2002 will be available on the night. 3200 pages of info incl. 160 pages of crew name lists and 7,400+ photos, maps and charts.

priapism
26th Aug 2006, 07:49
B772,

More info and a kick off time would be appreciated .

I'll spread the word amongst those I am still in contact with. Should be a great night .

Woomera
26th Aug 2006, 08:54
Deserves a Stickie! Have a great AN p!ss up!!

Geronimo69
26th Aug 2006, 13:17
I am Ex Ansett Staff also & I KNOW WHAT the 5th reunion means! It means catching up with FAMILY, who shared the same experience as we all did when a great airline died. So IF you were EX staff, then you would KNOW what that meant!

Buster Hyman
26th Aug 2006, 13:51
Great company, great people, but that was all within context. After Ansett, all that seems to come up in conversation is what was talked about last time...what are you doing now? how tough has it been for you? do you remember when??? If you go along, then enjoy yourself...have a great time!:ok:

Me, I'm taking the same advice that many of us have given amos & his ilk...namely, move on...get over it.

Enjoy!:ok:

Ansett.
It's time for our own Moomba!
Ansett has been gone for 5 years.
We owe ourselves a big one!
Lets get together, with old mates and colleagues.
Where: The Oxford Scholar, Swanston St, Melbourne.
Date: 1st September 2006
Time: 1700 hrs onwards
As usual, finger food will be provided by Malcolm, Andrew and staff,
of which we thank them very much for providing over the previous 4 years.
Please pass this on to any ex-Ansett employee that you know and make it a really big night.
Looking forward to catching up with you on the 1st.

john_tullamarine
26th Aug 2006, 14:00
I probably won't be able to attend the do but would like to get a copy of the history CD/DVD. Any contact suggestions ?

priapism
26th Aug 2006, 22:28
These are great nights to catch up with old friends and colleagues.
Yeah , we've all moved on since then and personally Ansett going broke was the best thing that happened to me as it took me out of my comfort zone and forced me into realising my potential in another field. As a matter of fact September 1st is the day I finally fully qualify as a Paramedic (advanced Life Support). It has taken 4 years to get there . Good excuse for a double celebration for me.

Will be a fun night.

See you all there.

Buster Hyman
26th Aug 2006, 23:24
Good for you priaprism. I'd heard of some Ansett folks who went into the Ambo's...thought of it myself but I lack the patience for patients!:D

27th Aug 2006, 00:41
I never flew with AN until I started commuting between MEL and SYD on my way to/from my Asian base. (For some unaccountable reason I never wanted to travel with Australian ever again) Then it was every month, and family members too, as well as ID90 travel within Australia. My experience 100% of the time was that the AN service desk staff at MEL and SYD were just wonderful, all the time and always. Sometimes going waaaaay beyond the call of duty to get me a seat, even a jump seat with a "visiting" american pilot. The whole staff travel thing then, for me at least was so easy...in contrast to travelling with the Rat now, where inflexibility is the order of the day. Not at the level of the counter staff but in systems and rules.

I hope those handful of kind folks did find new jobs. I see one or two at QF desks now.

B772
27th Aug 2006, 02:00
I probably won't be able to attend the do but would like to get a copy of the history CD/DVD. Any contact suggestions ?
Further info to hand re the DVD availability and costing.
Click on www.kmedia-server.com/fred-cd-rom/
The cost is $35 including P and P within Australia.
Overseas delivery cost on application.
I understand there have been small numbers from the sand pit area to all the reunions since 2002. I would like to make it one in the near future or after I retire.
For Amos 2. I do not hold any animosity towards the general former staff. The 20 years I worked with AN were the best of my career. The people made the difference. Since then I have worked for 4 carriers so I feel qualified to comment.

COP
27th Aug 2006, 09:20
I along with my entire family worked for Ansett from 1968 until 2001. Some of us the entire time and some of us less, but all of us worked together at AN. It was seen as a family from before I can remember and I still think of it as that. I am now at my 4th airline and other members of my family are in a similar boat, regardless all of us are still in the industry. I found that after the collapse there is a lot out there and I became a member of the police force in Victoria and enjoyed the job. But I always thought back to the days when AN was the place to be in any field. A lot of people hurt during the time of the collapse and in 89, and I say that because I know, 4 out of 4 out of a job all in the same day. But since then all of us have returned to aviation 2 in OZ and 2 not in OZ. All I can say is that I know I would love to be there to have a beer and I know my family would like to be also, as history is important, not necessarily to talk about the old days and wish we were still thewre, but because in a way Ansett shaped a part of our lives, I know it did for me.

cabin secure
31st Aug 2006, 01:17
I have received invitations to 2 other reunions planned. One for Brisbane and one for Sydney. Here are my mails cut and pasted for anyone interested in coming to see how people are and what they are up to.
CHEERS!
(I'll be sticking my head in for a hello and a quiet one.):ok:

BRISBANE

Just so you all know: there is an ANSETT reunion at the Brekkie Creek Hotel on Thursday 14 September from 1 pm.

As below, as casual affair to mark the 5 years since it went down the tube.

If you would spread the word to others and ask them to also do so, it would be appreciated (I believe its better to get an invitation three times than to not get it at all).

See you there?

Thanks

SYDNEY

Calling ALL ex ANSETT people to catch up for a drink or two...

When? Wednesday, September 13th, from 1pm to late....

Where? Cogee Bay Hotel

Why? 'Cause it's been 5 years!

Should be a hoot, see you there!

Please pass this message on to all the other ex Ansett staff that you know or see, the more the merrier!!

Whiskery
31st Aug 2006, 01:36
Rod,Gary and I will be there..............1700hrs sharp.:ok:
Look forward to catching up with old staff mates & buddies.:D

See you all there !

ZQ146
2nd Aug 2007, 12:15
Hi from NZ wonder if any old Ansett Syd catering staff might be there cos wud love to come over to join in Peter Dal Martello and John and Jill Murray Alias Muttley....Plse send any replys to us direct or post on this site......Cheers

Go Right Ahead
3rd Aug 2007, 12:30
Looks like its gonna be a great night. This will be my first reunion that Im going to be able to attend, do we just turn up or what's the etiquette? :confused:

3 Holer
4th Aug 2007, 02:25
John Murray, I wouldn't book tickets just yet, this bash was 1st September 2006!:rolleyes:

tinpis
4th Aug 2007, 02:32
John Murray, I wouldn't book tickets just yet, this bash was 1st September 2006!

Ruined it yer has now 3 holer http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/laughpound.gifhttp://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/laughatu.gif

3 Holer
4th Aug 2007, 07:13
I canno tell a lie old fella ;)

EPIRB
4th Aug 2007, 07:41
This years reunion in Melbourne.

6th Annual reunion Friday 24th August 2007, 5pm onwards. The ‘Oxford Scholar’ Swanston St, Melbourne. Drinks at bar prices and Finger food provided. Many thanks to Mal, Tom and Staff for last year, I have no doubt they will ‘dish up’ more of the same this year. Don’t miss out on a great night; every year seems to produce some legendary stories, which remind me, thanks to Flarose.com.au for their contribution to make a great night just that little bit better! If you know of an Ex-Ansett colleague that hasn’t received this invitation, please pass it on. Hope to see you all there!

The Rev'd
4th Aug 2007, 10:04
Hmmmm...should be worth a look......:)

Hope to see a few former 72 & 74 pot tossers.....(you know who you are ) :p I gotta find out who took the bikes in Osaka :=

ZQ146
4th Aug 2007, 10:07
Jees...Imust be gettin older,senile or both maybe come to the next one solong as I havnt fallin off the twig:sad: