PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair - Questions

RealMensch
26th Aug 2006, 05:52
This may seem to be an odd request, but I'm seeking a few Ryanair pilots to correspond with regarding your pilot group, workrules, pay and benefits, and miscellaneous information.

I'm a pilot at a US based airline "Allegiant Air" which has strong structural ties to Ryanair. Besides structural and philosophical similarities, our little company is partially backed by "Declan Ryan money".

We the pilot group are at an interesting crossroads in that along with rapid growth and stable profitability, Allegiant Air is poised to go public. Though we are a non-union work force at this time, we are represented internally by a pilot advisory group, in which I sit among the leadership. Coinciding with the IPO and rapid expansion, we are currently involved in negotiations for increases in pay and benefits.

The reason I would like to contact some of you, is to gather and prepare statistical data for use on the bargaining table by our pilot group. I can go into greater detail in private email.

email me at: [email protected]

Thanks in advance,

RM

Aloue
26th Aug 2006, 08:38
Why don't you ask REPA to help you? The have a "contact us" on their webpage (www.repaweb.org).

The fact that you are "currently involved in negotiations" suggests that you are either doing a lot better than Ryanair pilots or you are being cleverly outmanoeuvred!

RealMensch
26th Aug 2006, 17:57
Why don't you ask REPA to help you? The have a "contact us" on their webpage (www.repaweb.org) (http://www.repaweb.org)).

The fact that you are "currently involved in negotiations" suggests that you are either doing a lot better than Ryanair pilots or you are being cleverly outmanoeuvred!

Thanks for the link.. I'll check it out.

RealMensch
26th Aug 2006, 19:10
The fact that you are "currently involved in negotiations" suggests that you are either doing a lot better than Ryanair pilots

Not doing better, just "properly leveraged at this time"

or you are being cleverly outmanoeuvred!

Entirely Possible :ugh:

Carmoisine
27th Aug 2006, 10:22
Realmensch, Very interesting, I was reading about your situation in the papers this morning. Contact us at www.repaweb.org or PM me.