PDA

View Full Version : S/O MK Airlines

dxbpilot
25th Aug 2006, 07:15
Just wondering if anyone knows if MK airlines has Second Officers ? I hear there not just taking Zimbos anymore and JAR is a must.

dxbpilot
25th Aug 2006, 23:55
anyone know anything at all ??

beechbum
26th Aug 2006, 07:27
Dxb pilot.This is what I know. No S/O's presently on the 74's. MK in the process of receiving its' UK AOC meaning all a/c will be "G" registered. At the moment crews are going through the JAR licence course. So I guess this means that you now need a JAR licence. As far as non-Zimbos are concerned, I know of a few SA amongst others guys working for them.
Hope this helps.

dxbpilot
27th Aug 2006, 03:45
thanks alot for the info ! appreciated !

B1900
12th Sep 2006, 09:28
Not aware they are looking for any one other than ZIMBO'S........
MK'S NOT FOR SISSY'S :ugh:

Ingwe
12th Sep 2006, 11:49
B1900

You don't seem to be very well informed, only requirement to get in to MK these days is if you hold a JAA licence, nationality not an issue as much as it once was

napoleon
12th Sep 2006, 12:33
Form their safety record Id stay away...they might not want sissys but they are a load of pussy's. if you get my drift.

capster
12th Sep 2006, 13:37
Load of p%ssies?? Sometimes I wonder what happened to the
"brotherhood" of aviators, or if it was even there in the first place. Instead of sympathy for the pilots operating old aeroplanes out of flight and duty because of pay/rostering/time pressures, they are p%ssies?

reptile
12th Sep 2006, 15:02
Instead of sympathy for the pilots operating old aeroplanes out of flight and duty because of pay/rostering/time pressures, they are p%ssies?

Nope...no sympathy here. Either do it right - in all aspects - or accept the fact that you've become your masters whore. If you are happy with breaking the rules, don't expect the "brotherhood of aviators" to salute you for your "sacrifice". :=

Solid Rust Twotter
12th Sep 2006, 15:45
You have to know the secret handshake of The Brotherhood in any case...:E

Mark J B
14th Sep 2006, 18:01
A mate of mine just got the good news that he is in with MK. South African with a JAA lisence. No contacts inside the company, just perserverence!

napoleon
14th Sep 2006, 18:30
Charles Prince flying club must be short of students.

Ingwe
15th Sep 2006, 09:20
Hey Napoleon are you just bitter you didn't get in or do you know something that every one else doesn't? Why the big chip on your shoulder? Instead of calling people names (which i see have been removed) tell us your reasons? If you look in the freight dog section you will see they've just got a UK AOC?

bleeds off
15th Sep 2006, 10:23
By the way, what are the real experience requirements to get in, apart from JAA licence?
I just hit 2500 TT / 1000 ATR / 1000 twin Otter...
Have I got any chance to make it ?... or is it definitely too low ?

thanks for any clue:ok:

napoleon
15th Sep 2006, 11:14
I havent been refused a job at MK as I have never applied for one. I have so far not been so desperate that I needed to. Im sure after years of operating illegal with a Ghana AOC they have found a way to obtain a UK one just as illegal. Ingwe means Leopard not so? well I guess Leoprds dont change their spots do they.

Treetopflyer
15th Sep 2006, 13:58
You just can't operate an old aeroplane the way you would a brand new and shiny Airbus. And without making yourself your "master's whore", well, sometimes you just have to make things work.

I too am interested in knowing what MK is really looking for in new hires (other than nationality) because there are obviously other requirements than the official ones which are found on their website.

Perseverance, yes... Have you got any names or tips on how to persevere??? :)

TTF

4HolerPoler
15th Sep 2006, 14:53
Keep to the topic please guys or have your posts binned.

4HP

napoleon
15th Sep 2006, 14:59
Ever get the feeling that we are all back at primary school with no right to free expression.............ARE MODERATORS FRUSTRATED PRIMARY SCHOOL TEACHERS.

Another Voice
15th Sep 2006, 16:27
Napoleon, just love guys like you! Luckily for MK they will never ever be desperate enough to take someone like you, so you just carry on doing what you doing! From what I hear the most important thing is whether you will fit into the company. So even if you're Chuck Yeager but lack a personality you'll get weeded out as they won't be able to survive 2 weeks with you. I on the other hand would like to fly for them one day and do have a CV with them. For those interested from what I have heard and from the correspondence I've received, you have to at least have your JAR subjects to be considered for an interview. Bleeds off U definitely meet the requirements, I personally know guys have got in with less hours than you but you, but will need the subjects at least to be considered.

napoleon
15th Sep 2006, 18:11
MK has killed a lot of people my friend and there is a reason that happened get your head out of your butt and think correctly for once.

Another Voice
15th Sep 2006, 18:28
Sorry to hear that napoleon, never the less you talk with very little knowledge on whats actually happening in MK and make far too many wild clueless statements "Im sure after years of operating illegal with a Ghana AOC they have found a way to obtain a UK one just as illegal" to quote for example! I can see you have very little clue what your actually talking about. Sometimes it better to think (maybe read up?) just a little before you scream your mouth off, so you don't piss everyone off. Suprised you haven't learnt that already in aviation.

Phenomenon
15th Sep 2006, 18:59
MK has killed a lot of people my friend

So has alot of international flag carriers my friend... Don't judge a company from what happened in the past if you do not have first hand knowledge. And regarding their fatal 747 accident, their were alot of factors playing a role. Have you ever thought that they might have had an eye opening experience after that? Things have changed there from what I've heard. And I also believe that the UK won't issue a AOC if the company doesn't live up to their standards.

So shut it and give some fair and unbiast remarks for a change napoleon. :ok:

napoleon
15th Sep 2006, 19:12
Have you ever thought that they might have had an eye opening experience after that? Im sure they have but those men would still be here if the company's eyes had been open all the time as they should be. MK getting a UK AOC with their safety record puts a UK AOC about on the same level as as a DRC one in my opinion that is.

Another Voice
15th Sep 2006, 23:30
Its amazing...U just can't stop your ignorant ranting and raving Napoleon, Do you ever listen or are you always the one shouting to drown everybody out? :ugh: You just have absolutely no clue! I just hope you fly in a single pilot operation, cos I would just hate to see you in multicrew enviroment, can't and won't be a pretty sight.

napoleon
16th Sep 2006, 09:48
Another Voice A wimp like you wouldnt last till the end of the Taxi checks thats for sure. I have some experience of Your favorite operator hence my comments are based on facts.

Ingwe
16th Sep 2006, 13:59
hey guys there's no point in arguing with napoleon, he most definately has a major chip (maybe the fact that he's named himself after someone with the worlds worst case of short mans syndrome has something to do with it?) for what ever reason. Yes MK's track record isn't the greatest but as has been pointed out a UK AOC isn't something you can just buy but when your that blinkered you can't talk reason.

My understanding is you need at least the first module for an interview but you need all subjects for a course date. Yes one of the things that they look for is the ability to get on with your colleagues for a couple of weeks at a time. Whilst guys have got in with min experience in the past don't think that applies now? Good technical knowledge of your current aircraft is needed as well as a brief idea of MK's fleet etc.

Good luck, sounds like things are changing?

helldog
16th Sep 2006, 14:39
Man I have been trying with MK for years and no luck. Then when they put in the JAA thing that was me cooked. But now I am doing my JAA licence and when its in my hot little hand then MK will be getting another knock at the door. Come on guys they have an awesome job, flying classics into tough places that no one else wants to go to, great fun. Have met a lot of the chaps there over time and they have all been great with info and updates about the company. If you want to make use of them for this reason just post your questions and I am sure they will be answered. But you shouldnt give them cr@p because I hear that they cant sleep on long flights because of the comments they read here on pprune hurt their feelings;)

napoleon
16th Sep 2006, 15:25
Yes MK's track record isn't the greatest but as has been pointed out a UK AOC isn't something you can just buy. So what is the pre requesit for a UK AOC maybe a "track record that isn't the greatest?"

Ingwe
16th Sep 2006, 15:37
napoleon, stop calling those guys names come on out and tell us what exactly you have a problem with? Did you know someone on that flight? what are your conections with MK or you just like the majority of south africans who think they know everthing about african airlines but don't actully work for any of them. Why can you not accept that going the JAA route is a good thing? speak up...

corkscrew
16th Sep 2006, 16:43
Guys guys guys... Doesn't anybody here notice that "napoleon" only posts to stir s*^t up.
He doesn't care about the subject been discussed, knows nothing about it, his only aim is to rev everybody up. And he's doing a great job at that!
Go look at all his other posts and you'll see what I mean.

Just ignore the guy. :ok:

putt for dough
16th Sep 2006, 18:08
Just ignore the guy. :ok:

I'll second that:D
Enough already

Phenomenon
16th Sep 2006, 19:03
You've got my vote on that aswell! Napoleon is starting to sounds like an old LP that got stuck!

napoleon
16th Sep 2006, 19:12
Guys Guys you are right I am reving you up quite a bit. However you now only seem to able to attack me and not defend MK in anyway at all. I do know them and have witnessed their cavalier attitude toward flying and it has had dire out come, that no one can refute. Do as you please its on your head.

bleeds off
16th Sep 2006, 19:39
Could anyone indicate an idea of package, lifestyle and bases out of which they operate? Being all JAA, I intend to apply with them
help much appreciated :ok:
thx,
bleeds

napoleon
17th Sep 2006, 06:15
Life style????????????? Are you insane or what? Nothing glamorous living in an aircraft when you oughta be in a hotel.

helldog
17th Sep 2006, 09:48
bleeds

As far as I know(told by MK guys). They mostly live in SA and a few in ZIM. But they told me they do a lot of stuff out of Lux. The guys I was talking to were on their way to Lux then somewhere in Sweden then Cairo then back to their homes down south. I used to hear them flying all over Africa, Equatorial Guinea, Ndola, Kili, great variation in their work. Awesome job if you can get it bleeds. Cheers.

bleeds off
17th Sep 2006, 11:56
Considering the destinations they seem to serve, there is no doubt about the interesting nature of the job since they have to deal with all sorts of airfields and weather. I definitely would be up for that.
How about the general atmosphere ... and T's and C's. Being presently bonded, I cannot afford "any" conditions....

thx :ok:
bleeds

bleeds off
18th Sep 2006, 14:28
by the way, thx helldog:ok:
bleeds

Coleman Myers
19th Sep 2006, 11:16
Napoleon, you make some serious accusations. Elaborate ...

fatmantoo
20th Sep 2006, 08:10
I think mk getting it's uk aoc shows that the company is at least trying to head in the right direction, & lose the stigma of being a "bad" operator.
Napoleon, I'm sure the caa would like to hear there are cells operating in their ranks willing to give out illegal aoc's to dodgy operators.

Coleman Myers
20th Sep 2006, 10:28
Well spoken Fatman :ok: - imagine uncovering a scandal at the Beehive of those proportions !!!

putco
21st Sep 2006, 11:27
Afroair - you on your soapbox again? l can't see you otherwise...:}