PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet Info

AUSPOMME
24th Aug 2006, 22:55
Hi,Does anyone know if there are training sessions booked for end of Sept yet,I was successfully taken on in May,told training officer that I can start at end of Sept,that was 2 months ago,still waiting for training date and contract.
Also how do cabin crew hours work,I heard you are limited to 900 per year,surely that means that the hours would run out after around 6 months if you are flying 6days a week,does that mean that the job is more parttime than fulltime,perhaps someone can enlighten me on this?

Getoutofmygalley
25th Aug 2006, 11:21
Re: your first question, contact recruitment ASAP just in case they have forgotten about you :rolleyes:

Regarding the hours, you will be rostered up to 130 hours per month for the first 6 months depending on where you are based, this will lead to you running out of hours. easyJet rostering staff are getting better with regards to hours (personally I was constantly running out of hours for around about 10 months and now I have a 50 hour buffer to play with) but you would need to be prepared for a reasonable period of high hours/no fly days.

BUT make sure you do contact recruitment ASAP regarding your contract!!

fly1605
25th Aug 2006, 14:05
Hi,Does anyone know if there are training sessions booked for end of Sept yet,I was successfully taken on in May,told training officer that I can start at end of Sept,that was 2 months ago,still waiting for training date and contract.
Also how do cabin crew hours work,I heard you are limited to 900 per year,surely that means that the hours would run out after around 6 months if you are flying 6days a week,does that mean that the job is more parttime than fulltime,perhaps someone can enlighten me on this?

Be VERY careful about this one...I know people who were rostered three months of NO FLY due to having zero hours to play with due to the very high intensity flying programme you will be working. Thats three months without any sector pay/allowances. When you do get paid it will usually be good money but try and save some for when you reach 900 at or around your nine month anniversary of joining.

queenvic
25th Aug 2006, 15:21
Appearently ezy will recruiting for the new spanish base does anyone know if as cabin crew you have to speak spanish?

Getoutofmygalley
25th Aug 2006, 15:35
Appearently ezy will recruiting for the new spanish base does anyone know if as cabin crew you have to speak spanish?

For internal cabin crew transfers it would probably be desirable but not necessary - however, if you are applying from outside of the company for the base, then the odds are that speaking Spanish will be a definite requirement.

LOOPYGIRL
29th Aug 2006, 15:38
Hi there is training near end of sept i start 19th should of been 5th but due to medical not received in time it has been changed, you must contact them asap due to refs being sorted medical ect defiantly make sure you give them a call and good luck .

Vectors Req'd!
29th Aug 2006, 15:48
Hey LoopyGirl!

Were you on the assesment day back on the 16th by any chance?
I start my training on the 26th September. Anyone else?
:hmm:

habanna23
29th Aug 2006, 18:25
I can tell you...that i´m spanish and i have to go to london to the interview

LOOPYGIRL
30th Aug 2006, 11:20
Hey LoopyGirl!

Were you on the assesment day back on the 16th by any chance?
I start my training on the 26th September. Anyone else?
:hmm:

HI i was on assesment day in july end off if i remember right, it would be realy nice to see any others from that day they all seemed a good croud,
a little nervous though but cant wait to start training .

Joannahayes21
31st Aug 2006, 12:06
Hi, can anybody tell me what to expect when I start my Easyjet training in October??

Getoutofmygalley
31st Aug 2006, 12:51
If you use the search function there is already a massive thread dedicated to easyJet training :ok:

Joannahayes21
31st Aug 2006, 13:36
Thanks for that! :)
Have had a look but cant find too much. If anybody has a spare 5 mins for a basic rundown, would be much appreciated!

LOOPYGIRL
1st Sep 2006, 07:11
Hi, can anybody tell me what to expect when I start my Easyjet training in October??

Hi ive been looking for the same thing , i can find searches on meals hotels sectors ezy good ezy bad ,but not on what to exspect from day 1 of training , just a little insight would be nice . please..........

WexCan
4th Sep 2006, 15:05
Your first few days are your generic SEP course (including wet drills), then you have an aircraft specific day, then CRM, then evacs/fire/smoke/slides practical work, then customer service and an a/c visit, more customer/cabin service, then first aid.

I'm probably missing a few things but thats the 2 second training lowdown.

LOOPYGIRL
4th Sep 2006, 16:10
Thanks Wexcan :\

Joannahayes21
5th Sep 2006, 07:49
Thanks WexCan :ok:

AUSPOMME
6th Sep 2006, 15:13
Hi all,

Thanks for info,

Start my training in Oct,looking forward to getting the ball rolling,hope to see some of you in the near future.
:)

Vectors Req'd!
6th Sep 2006, 15:21
Nice One! Congrats!!

I start at the end of September so maybe see you around the Accedemy!!
:) :) :)

LucyLou
7th Sep 2006, 22:54
Hey AUSPOMME -
Good Luck with everything over there! Im sure you will have a ball.
Pleaseeeeeee keep us updated on how you are going! Im looking at heading over on the aus contract and want to know how it fares! Im in a great flying position here but am interested in a short change and hopefully some travel!
Keep us posted and again good luck!
:)

LOOPYGIRL
11th Sep 2006, 08:24
Does anybody know if the Ibis hotel has wireless connection so i can take my lap top to email my better half, :rolleyes:

Getoutofmygalley
11th Sep 2006, 09:51
It didn't when I stayed there Loopy.

The ibis is a run down old doss house, with nasty insects living in the rooms (and I don't mean the CC trainees ;) ).

The ibis has 2 stars, and I would say that the person who awarded those must have been in a very VERY generous mood that day because the place is a complete dump!

LOOPYGIRL
11th Sep 2006, 17:25
Oh great !!!

sandramm
12th Sep 2006, 18:44

Hi it a little "+" as we say in france but the only requirement is you to speak english as EZY is an english company, so everything related to your job will be in english.

Hope this will help you

Sandra future ex Easyejt ... hopefully !!!!:)

easyJet Galley King
12th Sep 2006, 18:49
Reference to the requirement to speak Spanish if applying to Easy's new Madrid base - I put in for a transfer and my base manager called me in to the office and asked me if I speak spanish. I have GCSE in it, but evidently, they do want fluency.

Sunnier in Bristol anyway.....:ok:

tanneddarling
13th Sep 2006, 02:15
i think you would have to speak spanish

i am going for an int next week - and am fluent
they emailed me and aked me if i would be interested in being based there when i wrote to them

tanneddarling
13th Sep 2006, 02:16
I can tell you...that i´m spanish and i have to go to london to the interview
i also live in spain and have to go to london for the interview

where are you from and whens your interview?