PDA

View Full Version : US Flight Schools

steelegbr
24th Aug 2006, 19:39
After failing my CAA class 1 (on colour vision) I obtained my FAA class 1 (no extra testing required!!!).

Basically I am looking into flight training in the USA, hopefully upto airline level.

I have come accross 3 flight schools: Phoenix East Aviation, RAA Flight Schools and Delta Connection Acadamy.

Any recommendations or suggestions?

Malcolm G O Payne
24th Aug 2006, 20:33
After failing my CAA class 1 (on colour vision) I obtained my FAA class 1 (no extra testing required!!!).

Basically I am looking into flight training in the USA, hopefully upto airline level.

I have come accross 3 flight schools: Phoenix East Aviation, RAA Flight Schools and Delta Connection Acadamy.

Any recommendations or suggestions?

I have been in contact recently with Accessible Aviation, Columbus, Tennessee. Mostly ex-military instructors. They have a web-site.

BigGrecian
24th Aug 2006, 21:23
Remember you can take the JAA Commercial and instrument tests on a Class 2 but just can't exercise the privileges.

steelegbr
25th Aug 2006, 07:35
I took the class 1 initially because I wanted to make sure I could pass it and it cost me no extra money to do it.

flyer_spotter
25th Aug 2006, 07:48
Hello, I have this question in my mind for a while, which flying school do you think is the best (cheap and good) in the US/Canada?

steelegbr
25th Aug 2006, 07:53
I have been in contact recently with Accessible Aviation, Columbus, Tennessee. Mostly ex-military instructors. They have a web-site.

I found the site at http://www.accessibleaviation.com/

I have sent e-mails to all of these schools. Now I wait....

rubenfigo
26th Aug 2006, 08:32
He...can recommend me a good flight training school in the US(texas) which offers a reasonable price for the cpl/ir and alsoaccept international student?is it possible to sit for caa exams in the US?

i would also like to know what is the recognition of the FAA licence in most countries?

thnks in advance:)

A330ismylittlebaby
26th Aug 2006, 08:59
If i got an FAA atpl instead do you think uk airlines would take me on. Or even better would us airlines or others take a uk citizen on?

steelegbr
27th Aug 2006, 19:01
After a bit of research it turns out I don't qualify for US Immigration (no family or corp. sponsor). I would love to move there and fly for the US airlines...

SD.
27th Aug 2006, 23:35
They will take on UK pilots, however it comes down to the immigration thing. Look for a chick whilst training and hope she says yes when you ask her to marry you seems the only option. :ugh:

Expect a different route to the jets compared to JAA land. You wont find many in the right seat of a 737 with 250 hours:=

Likely route that I know a couple of guys have taken is instruct to about a 1000 hours, with some aerial work, banner towing in between. They then moved onto light freight, google Ameriflight and you'll see the type of outfit I'm refering to. Then onto the regionals with at least a 1000 hours and 100 multi time. First post being a Dash 8 or CRJ/ERJ etc.