PDA

View Full Version : Racism in South African Aviation as a whole

napoleon
24th Aug 2006, 14:28
Ive seen plenty and seen good people sidelined because they were the wrong colour, tribe, race, religion but isnt that the perogative of those on top? Since time began Isnt that how we evolved and advanced by suvival of the fittest or best or most numerous or the ones with the biggest guns armies mouths ideas?

Round Engine
24th Aug 2006, 18:29
I agree that a great many good people are sidelined (especially in this industry) because of racial/cultural/tribal differences in this country. Unfortunately the SAA rascism thread is now closed, but with particular reference to SAA it is important to take into account the fact that rascism is not always a white on black issue (literally and figuratively). As a matter of comment, it seems that such large racial problems as are evident in larger aviation companies, smaller companies (especially AMO's in my experience) are much better. It would appear, that sheer ability and willingness to learn and work overtake most differences in the long run. Were it not personally revealing to do so, I would name several companies (where the guys have their problems-as all group situations do), but are on the whole racially harmonious.

Methinks a great amount of good is lost when over-reaction takes place, as in the previous thread on this topic. On a forum such as this one, when a poster (Napoleon, case in point) wants to get a "rise", he may use provocative wording to stir things up a bit. I just don't know if we all have to jump on our back legs every time (Shrike) - it leads the thread in a non-productive direction. I am a personal believer that rascism is an issue of the gravest importance in Africa and African Aviation - and to deny it a place on this forum is incorrect. We are all grown up people here, wishing to discuss topical issues - we do not need to be sensitised to the realities we work with every day. The object, unless I got it wrong somewhere, is to provide a discussion place for persons with common interests/problems. Thats all.:)

napoleon
24th Aug 2006, 19:00
ROUNDENGINE. What can I say ermmm for a Boere that was quite well put and I agree with you whole heartedly. Lets hope that we dont get canned again on this thread by dark moves that worry me.

c208boy
24th Aug 2006, 19:04
i will like to start by saying i have been in the civilian aviation and contract boy for 2 years now and i have worked with the best crews since i started both black and white and i have never been subjected to racism comments from any of the boys and girls i worked with:D
and i think the company that i am working for did not employ me cause i am black they did it cause i can do the job and i have the qualification required and i think that is the way to go if we want the SOUTH AFRICAN aviation industry to be safe for those working in SA and the contract boys and girls out there

i am wondering if we have angry people in this industry that are not helping in making the industry to be one of the safest and using their exp to help the industry to grow rather than running away and start talking bad about the industry:ugh:

Jetdriver
25th Aug 2006, 00:28
Thread closed as despite the title it has very little to do with aviation.
Please don't feel free to start another.