PDA

View Full Version : Arik Air

fokkerfellow
24th Aug 2006, 10:57
I have included my original post below from an earlier thread as a reminder that Arik Air's recruiting process is free.
There are some scammers trying to take you for a ride on the promise of employment with us so beware and keep your money.
There is one company in particular called 3Com Consultancy & Recruitment Inc
that claims to represent us.
They are searching pilot web sites for resumes and contacting the people they find there with offers of employment if you pay for certain documents.
They have done their research and know the names of some of our key people including the head of HR however it is just a rip-off.
The woman sending these E-mails calls herself Mrs Mudasiru Gbadamosi and she claims to be a recruitment officer at Arik Air, she is not.
Check us out on the web and apply through normal channels if you are interested.
Good Luck:)
To all who read and make posts here, I am The Director of Flight Operations for Arik Air.
We have never heard of 3com recruiting.
If any person or group is claiming to represent Arik Air and asking for money it is a scam, DO NOT PAY you are wasting your time and money.
Arik Air does not employ any pilot without an interview first and if you are successful at the interview you will then be sent to GECAT in the UK for Psychometric/Aptitude test/GECAT interview and simulator assessment.
Only if you are successful at this final stage will you receive an offer of employment.
There are no fees payable to anyone at any time for anything to do with the interview process or recruitment.
Welcome to the real Arik Air.

skycaptain81
24th Aug 2006, 13:00
Well Done Fokker Fellow

6-String
24th Aug 2006, 14:09
Good on ya mate! :ok:

bradnie
24th Aug 2006, 23:43
Who would be the contact person for maintenance positions on the CRJ 900.Please supply details either in a reply or via pm.
Thanx

european champion
25th Aug 2006, 07:37
Dear Fokkerfellow,

I checked the website but i dont find any phone number for hr contact.Could you please provide me with the number,i need to call and ask a few questions.

Capt. Manuvar
26th Aug 2006, 13:48
Mr Fokkerfellow,
Thanks for clearly stating out the recruitment process for us all. I hope Arik has the dozens of unemployed young Nigerian pilots (quite a few have recently completed training in South Africa) in mind, there are rumors flying around about dozens of 'oyibos' coming in to make up a large part of ARIk crew. another rumor is that ARIk claim they cannot find young nigerian pilots pilots in Nigeria, i can give you a couple dozen if you're interested. Half of the last set of Zaria graduates (2004) are still unemployed.
Finally, i don't understand the cadet programme that requires a minimum of 300hrs. Could you explain it further, probably on you're website. What we hear is that cadets will go and work for 'other airlines' for a while to gain experience. Why will an airline employ a pilot to fly for another airline? doesn't make sense.
Capt. Manuvar

Alpha Bravo Bravo
28th Aug 2006, 14:59
Capt Manuvar how is it going?
it is quite unfortunate that many Nigerian pilots are out there without jobs.The other time, Virgin Nigeria was talking about a cadet program too. What is happening?
We are standing by for ARIK, VK, AERO.Please guys keep us posted.Its cold out here and cant wait to get home.

Flying Touareg
31st Aug 2006, 16:22
i learnt that ten nigerian pilots are on their way to canada for sim training.FFellow how true is it?

fokkerfellow
2nd Sep 2006, 21:57
The numbers are true but in fact some will be going to Gcat in the UK for 737 training.
Since that press we have added a couple more successful candidates as well so congratulations to them.

GlobalFlyer
3rd Sep 2006, 04:51
FokkerFellow,

For how long is the training scheduled to last and do you think operations will start as reported in the media end of September?

I see ICAO/IATA codes were already either granted or assigned so the AOC is close or already issued?

Any launch news is much appreciated.

Thanks

fokkerfellow
3rd Sep 2006, 07:59
On average their training will last about 35 days.
For the start date :mad: