PDA

View Full Version : Sector Pay

Vectors Req'd!
24th Aug 2006, 09:17
Hi everyone.
I have been succesfull with a very popular lcc flying from Luton, working as Cabin Crew. They have just sent out contracts and information about Sector Pay etc.
Can anyone give me a rough idea how many sectors are normaly flown per month?
Trying to get an idea of budget as I need to re-locate to Luton!!

Thanks

Getoutofmygalley
24th Aug 2006, 11:02
Why don't you post the particular LCC's name - is it easyJet or Ryanair. Give us something to work with and we can give you some help :ok:

Vectors Req'd!
24th Aug 2006, 13:15
Hey.. Was not sure on the rules of this site. Yeh, you guessed it. EasyJet!!

Getoutofmygalley
24th Aug 2006, 14:08
When it comes to requesting useful information, the mods generally don't mind the mentioning of company names - it's when people try to advertise things on the sly that they tend to not be happy.

Unfortunately, being LGW based, I can't comment on LTN - but to give you an idea of LGW it can be up to about 70 sectors and 130ish hours for our crews. Hopefully a LTN based crew member will be able to assist later :)

Vectors Req'd!
24th Aug 2006, 14:40
Hi
Great thanks for putting me straight on the mod side of things.
Am I right in saying that, say for example 70 sectors at LGW, could be a mix of short, middle and longer haul?
:cool: :cool:

Off Stand
24th Aug 2006, 16:32
Hi Vectors and congrats.

I used to fly for the orange lot out of LTN and then LGW. Now, bearing in mind this was in 2001, I would take home £1100-£1300. This was operating about 40-50 flights a month.

Now, say for example your nominal sector pay was £13. Every domestic sector and AMS (maybe CDG too?) was considered as 0.8 of a sector, thus worth £10.40. All European sectors up to an AGP were worth 1.2 sectors, thus worth £15.60. Finally, the longer European flights like ATH were about 1.5 sectors, thus worth about £19.50 per sector.

Theses obviously are not the up to date figures, but I hope that you get an idea of how the system works.

They are good bunch of crew at LTN, happy flying!

Vectors Req'd!
25th Aug 2006, 10:06
Thanks 'Off Stand'!!!

That is a great help. They ran through some worst case monthly figures with us on the assesment day. They did point out that most people earned a little more than what they were quoting. So, to that end it's nice to know that everything works out!!
Are you still with the Orange lot at LGW?
Did not see one person at LTN that was not smiling, they seem really nice people!!
How did you find the training?
:) :)

Off Stand
25th Aug 2006, 17:45
I'm flying for the world's favourite now. The training has changed a hell of a lot since I left. The new easyJet academy is brilliant, much better than their previous facilities.

I've a few friends that are trainers there, they are all lovely.

Vectors Req'd!
26th Aug 2006, 22:34
Great!!
I look forward to it, Thanks again!