View Full Version : Looking for display aircraft

The Bionic Vapour Boy
24th Aug 2006, 01:22
I am searching for somewhere, someone or some organisation that will make a display aircraft, all painted up in a specified way.
I seem to remember there was a ad in Australian Aviation about some company that did this, but i can't get my hands on a copy at this stage.
Can anyone help me out?
Anybody know of this company i'm speaking of or anyone else that prives this service? (and no i'm not after mass produced this either, i just need the one)

Animalclub
24th Aug 2006, 03:53
I had one done in BNE for the airline that I was working for (or for whom I was working!!)... I found him under a telephone directory heading of Model Maker. I don't have a BNE directory so can't give you his name... and I'm of an age when forgetting is prevalent!
I should say that I wanted repairs done and the paintwork re-done. He did a pretty good job too.

kiwiblue
24th Aug 2006, 03:58
BVB it was some time ago a large multi-national had a P51 painted up for a television commercial... from memory, the aircraft was (then) owned by the Alpine Fighter Collection, Wanaka NZ. As I recall the paint job was latex-based (?) and meant only to last a few hours in the air with no damage to the 'real' paintwork beneath and a relatively easy clean-up post-production. I saw it just before the clean-up and the latex job was looking pretty tatty, but in the ad, the job was superb! PM me later, I'll give you a name or two that will be able to point you in the right direction if they don't have the answers themselves!

Animalclub
24th Aug 2006, 04:01
Whoops!!! I thought he/she was talking about a model aircraft. Silly me!!