PDA

View Full Version : Cityjet 737assessment

Nighty
23rd Aug 2006, 21:38
Has anybody been recently to the cityjet simulator assessment on the Boeing 737-200 in Dublin and mind sharing the experience?

Thanks for info!!!

Waspy
27th Aug 2006, 18:58
Nighty,

I was told yesterday that the test is A/C handling oriented (for those who have never been in the 737).
The pilot I met and who did it at DUB had to:
SID then, perform vertical S's manoeuvres followed by snap entry into a hold followed by an engine out ILS RAW data (x-wind). The instructor was a contract (apparently) and not CityJet TRI/E. That's what I've been told.
Candidates arrived in mass but were not allowed to talk to each other after sim exit and showed the door...
Be prepared if you don't know the 737 sim, it looks a little bit hard to make a good show.;)

Spitfire2
2nd Sep 2006, 17:03
Just done it in june. The sim ride is a handling check. No crew work or so. Departure from Dub SID (a very simple one), then, some basic handling : climbing and descending turns, engine shutdown with no drill, and single engine NDB/VOR to the ILS to land.
Apparently he wants to see an improvement during the sortie (about 30 minutes), and he doesn't tell you anything except headings and heigths.
Pretty strange for a fast jet pilot with no multi engine experience, but went through it, and got an offer for the job.
If you need more, feel free!
cheers

PaddyMcGinty
14th May 2007, 17:52
Hi Spitfire, I have just been offered a sim check with CityJet and have been reading your post. Is it just Dublin that they use or do they use Paris/London plates? Any additional info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.

Regards,
Stephen

Token Bird
15th May 2007, 08:23
They don't always use the same profile. Sometimes they use Gatwick, but I did the assessment last week and the SID was a Dublin one,

TB