PDA

View Full Version : Falcon/125 job Egypt

Coanda Effect
23rd Aug 2006, 13:43
Hi folks,
new on this site, wondering if someone can help.:ok:
Have applied for a job on www.climbto350.com (http://www.climbto350.com) for HS125/Falcon pilots. It says company is MAC investments based Egypt.
Anyone know anything?
I asked around and someone said that it might be on HS800 70-ADC, but I thought that A/C was based in Yemen.:confused:

thanks
:)

FLEXJET
24th Aug 2006, 09:12
Mac Investments is related to Coca-Cola.
I don't know which aircraft they operate, but they do not seem to be SU- registered.

Kelly Hopper
26th Aug 2006, 14:31
Yes 70-ADC is the op. Unless you are very desparate give it a miss. Pilots go through this operation at a very quick rate. My initial namesake is the major problem!!!:=

4144r
28th Aug 2006, 21:40
Was selected for this job. Nice peoples, nice airplane, very good salary;
I didn't take it because it's a single position. If you are not, just take it.
Soft landing:ok:

art deco
30th Aug 2006, 11:06
Was selected for this job. Nice peoples, nice airplane, very good salary;
I didn't take it because it's a single position. If you are not, just take it.
Soft landing:ok:

I dont think, I KNOW that 4144r has got the wrong company or is related to the Chief Pilot.:ugh:
Not nice 'peoples'
Very old aeroplane
Dismal Salary

Take this job at your peril. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED:=

4144r
1st Sep 2006, 20:17
ArtDeco
I don't know if we are talking about the same job!
It's difficult to have a real opinion on a 45 minutes interview but:

5500£/month + 100$/day
starting on HS125 with an upgrade on Falcon 2000 easy within 4 months
are good condition for me, perhaps not for you!

Soft Landing:ok:

art deco
3rd Sep 2006, 15:03
you don't get any expenses when in Sana'a where the aircraft spend most of its time nor in the UK. If it is so good why do people leave all the time...
You won't do it for long..

Where do you get 'nice peoples' and 'nice airplane' from in a 45 min interview??

There won't be a Falcon before the middle of next year..check with Dassualt.

NuName
3rd Sep 2006, 16:02
In 4 months it will be next year. If I were offered the 2000 EX I would take it in a heartbeat. I know there are good and bad jobs out there but no job is the worst.

joehunt
17th Sep 2006, 10:25
friend of mine applied for that position and was never extended the common courtesy of a reply.

This is a good indication of how a company treats it's staff of course.

So what Kelly Hopper and art deco have expressed, on this thread, seems close to the mark.

5reds
21st Sep 2006, 15:52
The 100 bucks is supposed to be 200 in europe or Moscow, to cover the additional cost of living.Don't expect to be paid for standby, and if the aircraft is going to sit around or a while, expect to be shipped home, no pay. There are other fringe benefits that you will also not receive. Pay can be up to 3 months after you invoice, and beware some guys never received there last payment, or not without a struggle. As for the new aircraft, do not hold your breath, it has been coming for quite a few years now.

Kelly Hopper
22nd Sep 2006, 12:25
3 Months???? You were lucky. Try 6 months without getting paid!
$100 gets paid with a struggle and many days get forgotten about. $200 in Moscow and Europe is a thing of the past! Where does this money go I wonder??? The Netherlands perhaps???

5reds
24th Sep 2006, 07:21
Yep think a lot of ex's probably agree with your speculation. Also suspect that what was in the hand was, a little, less than invoiced.
Thought going Dutch meant 50/50. Depends on the meal, it may have been 50/50 split but the meal was 80/20 in whose favour?
The daily rate also was to include Breakfast, lunch and evening meals plus anything else, so not a bad deal outside Europe and major cities, but elsewhere?:yuk:
:oh:Also understand destination was not revealed until all safely on aircraft?
Definitely a job for gullible/desperate nomads only.

art deco
5th Oct 2006, 11:45
Plus Captain always has an Executive room, you do not. I hear they have just lost another two pilots....:D
They bought a Falcon once before but sold it for a profit before using it.
Let me stress also that this job is not, NOT Egypt based, it is Sanaa, Yemen. Where NO expenses are paid and there is nothing to do in downtime

Nuname, there is no falcon yet. :ugh: Just a tired old 125 which regularly flies out of WAT limits.:=

NuName
6th Oct 2006, 04:41
It sounds pretty bad thats for sure, but I wonder if I would refuse it if I were offered? Been messed around for a couple of months and need to get flying. Very humbling. Now the bad end of the year is here, time to hibernate.:{

Itswindyout
6th Oct 2006, 05:06
Interesting place.

I operated from there many moons ago. Visitied recently.

Two hotels: one western and very nice, the other not so western but acceptable.

The airport is out of WAT limits most of the year for Hawker 700 types, and "was" out of the flight manual limits for TO performance.
In the G4 the "manual" pressurisation facility must be used, as the airport elev is above the cruise setting for the cabin.

The life down town is rather basic, and not a place I would wish to spend time.

There were several shootings of westen doctors when I was there 2 years ago.

I can not comment on the operation, or the company, only the suitability for a flight crew to be based.

The worst delhi belly ever in my entire life was also in Sana.

Windy

5reds
7th Oct 2006, 21:22
Yep you do not stay in the western one, in Sanaa. There were some french people kidnapped recently, released after two weeks. There are occasional shootings in the market and definitely hostile out of town.If you can find b***er all to do there, then you have found more than most.
Other destinations are also, to say the least, interesting, Ethiopia, Sudan, Syria and Djibouti, to name but a few.

So if it is adventure you want, and for the queens' shilling, occasionally, then best of luck.

art deco
8th Oct 2006, 09:15
It has been known to spend more than two weeks with no flying in Sana'a, with no expenses, so if you leave the hotel you are paying.:ugh:
Th Taj Sheba is a reasonably nice hotel though, run by very friendly Indians. It doesn't make up for the way you are treated though. If you are very thick skinned and need the money desperatley then do it. But be warned := everything that people are saying is true...if anyone else has experience of this operation in any capacity please post to let your colleages know.:ok:

Nuname, there is a fair bit of Hawker work around in UK and Europe if that is what you are looking for

5reds
8th Oct 2006, 10:13
It has been known to spend Ramadan in Sanaa, now that's partying big time.....NOT.

pilotbear
8th Oct 2006, 10:25
:{ :ugh: :sad:

727 exec
14th Oct 2006, 10:34
unless I'm very much mistaken (which is almost possible), Mr Pilot Bear is in the process of departing from this or a similar operation to return to the good old uk - so I guess he's qualified to comment...although I'm not very good at reading smilies...!!

pilotbear
16th Oct 2006, 11:46
no comment at this time:ok: