PDA

View Full Version : BACon Cptains - Do Not Offer Them Pizza

dont like pizza
22nd Aug 2006, 22:03
Hello Everybody....
Quick message to let you know of the great CRM skills of an Embraer 145 Captain at BAcon.

Thanks to him a cabin crew gal was suspended after she offered him, soon to be thrown away pizza to the above mentioned captain. As everybody here knows, Bacon stopped offering catering a while ago, and now passengers have to pay for food on board. Whatever is left is thrown away so ( I guess she was being nice) and offered him a slice of dough. The sad part of the story becomes even sadder when (after he ate it of course) could not wait to call management to report her....

Sad story that reflects what this,once glamorous profession is becoming :\
Hope the dough did not cause any indigestion to the :mad: ....

GreatCircle
22nd Aug 2006, 22:37
There HAS to be more to the story than this, surely to god.

If this is the case, and there is nothing else to it, then I would be ashamed to call his person a colleague.

So let me ask - is there anything else to it ? If not, the man is unbalanced, and a fool.

gregers
22nd Aug 2006, 22:42
Time for a name and shame the monkeyspanker methinks....

Greg (who has had enough of the pecker pulling jobsworth 'A'holes of this world)

AHA2218
22nd Aug 2006, 22:45
Didn't a similair incident happen @ BHX a few months back?

marlowe
23rd Aug 2006, 07:05
This is the same story that was circulating at BHX some months ago the capt was unsure of the rules and regulations regarding the pizza and went to the fleet office to have them clarified, he did not at anytime wish to get the crew into trouble and did not realise that they would,this is a story that unfortunatly has grown out of proportion and really should be nipped in the bud. Dont like Pizza you by posting that little misunderstanding are just adding fuel to the gossipmongers .The captain in question is a highly regarded chap who just wanted guidance for future pizza scoffing.

TightSlot
23rd Aug 2006, 07:48
Time for a name and shame the monkeyspanker methinks....

No it isn't - it is never time to name and 'out' individuals on PPRuNe. Discuss the incident by all means, but do not name the people involved.

flybywire
23rd Aug 2006, 08:06
I feel there's something missing in this sad story.

However I just think that if it had been one of our lot, he/she would have been asking for more!!! :E

(I promise you, they eat so much! And at times I have even thought of putting a rubber tube connecting the tea pot to the F/D!!!) :}

Bless 'em all.

FBW

marlowe
23rd Aug 2006, 08:28
Flybywire. there is nothing missing from this story all the hot bits that are cooked onboard and are not sold are binned ie. pizza and the all day breakfasts. they are noted on the paperwork but then go in the bin some crew think this is a waste and distribute it out among the crew to eat.The captain ate a slice of pizza and when he got back to base just checked with the fleet office to see if it was ok to do so ,anybody who knows the name that has been attached to this story would understand his actions, as he is a highly regarded captain and likes to be abreast of currant rules and regs. At no time did he wish to get any crew into trouble and would not have set out to do so as has been suggested. thats it end of story no hidden agendas, no bad crm, no hatred of cabin crew involved just a captain who was unsure of procedure at that point and wanted clarification of the rules and regs for future reference .

flybywire
23rd Aug 2006, 08:40
Flybywire. there is nothing missing from this story all the hot bits that are cooked onboard and are not sold are binned ie. pizza and the all day breakfasts. they are noted on the paperwork but then go in the bin some crew think this is a waste and distribute it out among the crew to eat.The captain ate a slice of pizza and when he got back to base just checked with the fleet office to see if it was ok to do so ,anybody who knows the name that has been attached to this story would understand his actions, as he is a highly regarded captain and likes to be abreast of currant rules and regs. At no time did he wish to get any crew into trouble and would not have set out to do so as has been suggested. thats it end of story no hidden agendas, no bad crm, no hatred of cabin crew involved just a captain who was unsure of procedure at that point and wanted clarification of the rules and regs for future reference .

Marlowe I did not make any comment about your captain and especially I didn't mention CRM.

However can I just say that you can ask about a procedure without saying what reallty happened, like this:

"Excuse me, could you tell me what happens to the catering that has not been sold? Are crew allowed to eat it if it has not been sold?"

No need to say names or involve someone who thought they were doing something good for their captain, and no need to say that he accepted the offer and actually ate it!

(Who sells drugs is as guilty as who buys, so I am told)

As I said though, the story presented by "dont like pizza" might have been twisted, that's why I said I felt there's something missing to the story.
I also tend not to trust people who appear just to write one post and then disappear, I can smell burnt behind this so I am not taking any side here, I am not in the position to!

Cheer up and enjoy your pizza......you made me want one now so I am going to put the oven on.

Cheers!!!!!!

FBW:E

lemmiwink
23rd Aug 2006, 08:52
stirring the brown stuff, are we "dontlike pizza"?:yuk:
1 post, from a specially created username just this week, what's your intentions?

I for one have stuffed my face with these pizzas and they're actually very nice for a quick carb and salt fix. And if it wasn't for the famished crew, they'd wander in the bin.

This story is exactly how marlowe described it and was flogged to death in March this year, that is 5 months ago. It was even on the company intranet forum, so tell us something new.

Bored, are we? Or just intelligently challenged?:zzz:

ray cosmic
23rd Aug 2006, 09:06
Out of curiosity: is it allowed now to save food fom the bin?

marlowe
23rd Aug 2006, 09:21
Ray Cosmic what exactly do you mean? the food is not taken from the gash bins crews are not rummaging around looking for scraps in there!!!! just eaten before they would have been gashed, mind you the standard of crew food lately i think Alpha maybe rummaging around the gash bins !!!!!!!! You have gone very quite Dontlikepizza nothing to add to the story?

gregers
23rd Aug 2006, 23:56
No it isn't - it is never time to name and 'out' individuals on PPRuNe. Discuss the incident by all means, but do not name the people involved.

Hi Tightslot,
please accept my apologies, i wasn't aware of that rule and also, not being in possesion of the full facts shouldn't have posted this. all i can say in my defence-though this is no excuse is that i was in a cruddy mood due to having learned i will soon be unemployed. also a public apology to the cap't for the namecalling, this was uncalled for also.

big sorry to all *skulks quietly into corner and hides* :O

Greg

Piltdown Man
24th Aug 2006, 21:37
What a miserable airline - I'm surprised that you don't have to piss on the food before it is gashed - just in case someone else tries to eat it after it has been thrown away. And what happens to the air in the cabin - is that free for the crew or do they pay for that as well?

inawordavortex
24th Aug 2006, 21:56
What a miserable airline - I'm surprised that you don't have to piss on the food before it is gashed - just in case someone else tries to eat it after it has been thrown away. And what happens to the air in the cabin - is that free for the crew or do they pay for that as well?

Could not agree more how sad and picky are that lot!!! They will probably pay a fortune to weigh the gash bags next........ just so no one is getting waste for free

wobble2plank
24th Aug 2006, 22:01
Sorry, this is a windup thread....... isn't it???? Please don't tell me this sort of c%^p is true!!!!

With 'da management' of every airline in the buisiness trying to drive wedges between the flight deck and the crew we don't need this sort of stuff.

Don't like the pizza's personally but going for the coffee intreveinous infusion op next month.

Keep smiling

chandlers dad
24th Aug 2006, 22:03

So was the girl in the cabin let go? Did someone really lose their job over something silly like this?

Chesty Morgan
24th Aug 2006, 22:09
And at times I have even thought of putting a rubber tube connecting the tea pot to the F/D!!!) :}
Bless 'em all.
FBW

What a great idea:ok: Wanna job?:} :E

flybywire
25th Aug 2006, 09:49
What a great idea:ok: Wanna job?:} :E

When can I start? :E

FBW:}

PS:I am not British but my boys and girls say I make the best tea ever, I even bring special tea bags with me to keep up with my reputation :ok:

marlowe
26th Aug 2006, 23:25
Nobody lost there job!!!

BMED LHR
29th Aug 2006, 13:13
Marlowe I did not make any comment about your captain and especially I didn't mention CRM.

However can I just say that you can ask about a procedure without saying what reallty happened, like this:

"Excuse me, could you tell me what happens to the catering that has not been sold? Are crew allowed to eat it if it has not been sold?"

No need to say names or involve someone who thought they were doing something good for their captain, and no need to say that he accepted the offer and actually ate it!

(Who sells drugs is as guilty as who buys, so I am told)

As I said though, the story presented by "dont like pizza" might have been twisted, that's why I said I felt there's something missing to the story.
I also tend not to trust people who appear just to write one post and then disappear, I can smell burnt behind this so I am not taking any side here, I am not in the position to!

Cheer up and enjoy your pizza......you made me want one now so I am going to put the oven on.

Cheers!!!!!!

FBW:E
Very good answer matey , It's does not make sense that the Captain would give a Name out , When just asking a Question ...I agree with FBW is There is more to the story ?