PDA

View Full Version : Flight dispatcher course..........

Capt.umair
22nd Aug 2006, 08:27
Hello Fellows,
Need help from you guys.I am looking to do Flight Operations ManagementLevel 1 and 2 from emirates avaition college in Dubai.I just want to know before enrolling that what is the future of a dispatcher ?are jobs available ?and whats the reputation of Emirates aviation college.
Which is the best school for this course.

Looking for a quick reply.

Thanks.
Umair Saleem.

code one
22nd Aug 2006, 19:17
Before you venture into the EK FOM 1&2 you should actually consider the following very seriously >>>>>>>>>>>

Work experiances in airport/airline is strongly recommended in the areas of
check in/baggage/ramp/cargo/pax services etc.

IF NO, then first gain experiance of min 3-5 years then go for dispatch course. otherwise i will not recommend := using this as a spring board to look for jobs being a fresh out of school otherwise you would be like this > :ugh: as getting just the license will not guarantee you the job !!

IF YES, then EK is a good school running jeppesen syllabus which gives you a UAE GCAA Dispatch License. Job oppourtunites in dispatch depends on your work experiance related and actual in dispatch :cool:

Soo makeup your mind very carefully ......... Captain ;)

Capt.umair
24th Aug 2006, 05:52
Hey,
Is this only for the EK that you need experiance in airline before you can get a dispatcher job or for every airline.
And nothing like this i have heared from anyone about a disptcher and not even in n article on jeppesen website.:hmm:
R u a dispatcher ??

I am looking to start my aviation career as a dispatcher and then doing atpl and so on.

Umair Saleem.

Austin_Danger_Powers
25th Aug 2006, 10:34
if you wanna be a flight dispatcher you need experiance. doesnt care with airline you want to work for. :=
How much money do they want for the course?

Capt.umair
27th Aug 2006, 06:18
:confused: ....
After acquiring the disp lisence ....ok if i cant get a job as a disp but can i as a assitant disp or some other lower position in flight operations.
Emirates college is taking $6150.00 for the flight operation management level 1&2.