View Full Version : Thomas Cook

waddlers
18th Oct 2005, 22:46
Have previously applied to Thomas Cook and have yet to recieve a pfo nor anything to indicate an up and coming interview.Just wondering whether anyone has recently got any news?

randomair
21st Aug 2006, 14:17
Does anyone know when it is likely that we will start hearing from thomas cook with regards to the current pilot recruitment? It says the closing date is 30th oct!!

Anyone had any news?

randomair

endofeng
21st Aug 2006, 16:09
No, not a thing!

------------------
endofeng:ok:

Nimrod615
23rd Aug 2006, 08:08
:(
Got an Email today...2 identical ones in fact!
Thank you blahdy blah....high level of response...blah blah no feedback given....try again in the future!!!

Will look out for the next recruitment drive and try again, good luck to the rest of you :ok:

Marvo
23rd Aug 2006, 08:40
I got the same email! Oh well....I suppose I shall stay one of O Leary's for another winter

Hasher
23rd Aug 2006, 11:43
Got a thanks for your pants even though you got a load of jet time and all that .... good luck everyone else.

jayteeto
23rd Aug 2006, 14:20
I got the 2 identicals as well, good luck if you are still in the game!!

mackey
23rd Aug 2006, 14:50
I got the two emails as well....such as life, theres always next time!!

M.

General Dogsbody
23rd Aug 2006, 16:45
I have 4500Hrs total 2500Hrs Turboprop of which 2000 is command time, I fly the BAe-146 and have 1000Hrs on that aircraft with 500 command and I don't even get an interview, I would like to know the experiance levels of those who were lucky enough to get that far, I would think an interview is the least one could expect before they decide they don't like You!!

endofeng
23rd Aug 2006, 17:41
I too got the double email!

It would seem, as other charters, they are predominantley looking for type rated guys.....

So if you are fresh out of training, bought yourself a type rating you stand a much better chance than the experienced non-type rated guys!:ugh:

Shame I haven't got a spare £20k for a rating eh!

--------------

rduarte
23rd Aug 2006, 18:09
I guess airlines prefere cadets who pay for a TR, that experienced pilots they need to pay for. It s just a money matter .:mad:

GMIMA
24th Aug 2006, 20:24
anybody else heard anything??? good or bad???

triplespool
24th Aug 2006, 21:29
Got 2500 on 738 + 1000 on other stuff.
Received 2x PFO e-mails.
I used a mac to do my app, every time a hit the return key it sent it to them. I think they got about 10-12 of them.
Maybe they have not realised the money they spent on the web site was done by a crap coder!

PaulW
24th Aug 2006, 22:01
I have also received two identical thanks but no thanks emails. What I would really like to know is, did anyone receive a positive reply? The responses so far are all negative responses from differing experience levels. The application form seemed very basic, aimed at discovering experience level, I find it hard to fathom from the form how they can differentiate between candidates with similar levels of experience.
As for my experience I have 274 hours having sat an integrated course, 10 years aircraft line engineering and airline ops experience and prepared to pay for type rating (if provisional job offer given) So that rules out the theory they are looking for cheap cadets. So who are they looking for? Surely there are only so many experienced type rated guys out there?

Good luck with the selection process to anyone that is awaiting a reply or had a nice positive one. I hope those of us that have replied so far have better luck next time.

endofeng
25th Aug 2006, 11:02
PaulW,

In my limited experience, 10yrs Eng experience counts for nothing! I was the same when I came out of my Integrated training (2yrs ago!). I was lucky to get a job with a well known Dash8 Q400 operator straight away, and this is an avenue you should continue to tread.

My comments about type rated people carries some weight, Airlines prefer guys whom are allready rated. For example, a guy whom was on my course 2yrs ago, failed his JARS twice, and failed IR, but eventually passed! Daddy paid for a Airbus rating, he has just got a job with FCA! (Now I wouldn't like to be a passenger on one of his flights).

The pool of experienced 73,75,A3** continues to dry, and requirements are getting lower and lower, however as long as fresh meat (as it where) are willing to pay for their own ratings, why would the Airlines take anyone else on! Its a no brainer I'm affraid, hopefully Safety won't be comprimised!

Good Luck, but don't sell yourself!

-------------------
Endofeng:ok:

Grum
25th Aug 2006, 11:28
:confused: My application came with the personal recommendation of one of their very own training captains. You'd think my 3500 hrs would be irrelevant next to that sort of recommendation but you guessed it. . . . . failed to even make interview.

They say aviation is all about contacts . . . . . that's mine been used up. balls.
:hmm:

Hasher
25th Aug 2006, 13:13
Endofeng

Don't understand are you saying that people who fail exams or flt tests(cos I failed the ATPL'S but luckly none of the flt test, that would have been exspensive) should not be allowd to fly?
I met a few years ago a Captain with BA who told me he had failed his IR 4 times... Also the Concord Captain who screwd up his IR twice...
:confused:

Bad Robot
25th Aug 2006, 16:41
Is there anyone who knows how to update the online application form?
As there does not appear to be a login section to do this, as there is with My Travel, First Choice or Easy etc..
Do you have to resubmit the whole application or is there something that is obvious that I'm missing?

I have not had a PFO e-mail just yet, so fingers are still crossed.

BR.

endofeng
26th Aug 2006, 07:48
Hasher,

Not at all!!

This example is EXTREME, you have to meet the guy in question to understand...

So appologies if there are any guys offended by my comments, the people who know me know who I'm talking about!

In God we Trust!

-------------

mad_bob
26th Aug 2006, 11:41
DId anyone get an e-mail comformation when they applied saying the application had been received?

Marvo
26th Aug 2006, 16:35
Having spent ten years on the tools myself as a Licenced Eng on many types, the low cost crowd I am with at the moment looked very favourably at my airline experience. Knowing the flight deck already means you have won half the battle. Type training becomes much easier. Don't give up! Good luck to those still in the T Cook race.

Pilot Pete
26th Aug 2006, 18:10
Could be that as you will be joining as F/Os at the bottom of their seniority list they consider you have too much experience. I don't know about now, but when I worked there they realised the time to command was increasing and were getting fed up of experienced F/Os pestering them about when they would get a shot at command. Consequently they like to take on 200hr guys who will sit there for several years before they have enough flying experience to even be considered 'qualified' for a command shot.....

PP

stansdead
26th Aug 2006, 19:29
Pete,

I don't think it's true to say that when you worked for TCX that they were "were getting fed up of experienced F/Os pestering them about when they would get a shot at command....."

You and I know full well that there were neither Commands available for anyone, or indeed jobs for the likes of you and I.

To everyone else,

The FACT is this.... TCX want to reduce salaries paid. Cadets do just that.

If you have much experience, forget TCX. You WILL wait 12 years or more for a command. And even then, it will be summer only.

Join someone who will be around in 15 years, like easy, BA or Virgin. Note, not TCX, First Choice, Thomson or My Travel.

On the plus side, there will be plenty of F/O jobs in TCX, because loads of people are looking to leave. GOOD LUCK.

Pilot Pete
27th Aug 2006, 09:53
stan

Merely quoting the Chief Pilot of the day in a conversation I had before leaving....;)

PP

stansdead
27th Aug 2006, 12:01
Pete,

You mean the Chief Pilot who said what he thought you wanted to hear !!;)

Pilot Pete
27th Aug 2006, 13:46
I didn't want to hear it....I was an F/O with a few thousand hours!!!;)

PP

GMIMA
31st Aug 2006, 09:45
Has anyone else heard anything good or bad this week????:ok:

Dan 98
31st Aug 2006, 10:48
I have still heard nothing from TC, however I did ring and speak with a lady earlier this week who said no news is good news the way they are doing it!!! However as my heart started to beat slightly faster she then went onto say that some rejection emails had not been delivered due to peoples own personal firewalls etc... So knowing my luck that will be the case with me.
I have 2 friends who applied after me, both have had rejection emails. I am 232hrs finished training in June 2006. They are both 23 I am 32. So really have no idea what TC are actually looking for as it seems people with no experience have been rejected and people with 2-3000 hrs have been rejected.
The application form was very brief compared to some so there really wasn't enough room to make yourself really standout.
The wait goes on!!!
Good luck
Dan

Bad Robot
31st Aug 2006, 16:27
PFO EM a few minutes ago. 8000 hrs mostly Jet.

I suppose they want a Shuttle Rating and 4 landings in the Sea of Tranquility then.:confused:

BR.

Tubbs
31st Aug 2006, 17:44
Me too. Buggerypissflaps. 1500hrs mostly TP.

EGAC_Ramper
31st Aug 2006, 18:09
Ack well I just got my 3RD rejection email I dunno what Thomas Cook are trying to tell me honestly....!?!?! :} :rolleyes:

Regards:ok:

Dan 98
31st Aug 2006, 18:11
EGAC Ramper Thats because your destiny lies with FR!!!!!

bleeds off
31st Aug 2006, 18:23
2500 TT, 2000 Turboprop. Just got the bad news e-mail... (ten days after my application submission):{ They put forward the difficult nature of a selection process. i'm 37.:cool: maybe too old ???

General Dogsbody
31st Aug 2006, 22:20
Guys we all got multiple PFO's, Is there anybody that is being called for an interview??

Waggon rut
1st Sep 2006, 08:24
Got my 3rd PFO today. By my guess should get another one on Monday.
Will advise.

Rut

Northern Highflyer
1st Sep 2006, 09:28
Just received my 3rd PFO as well. :hmm:

Ok Ok I can take a hint. :{

Black Knat
1st Sep 2006, 09:40
Could it be they are just 'testing the water' to see who/what is available should they need to recruit in the future?

mad_bob
1st Sep 2006, 10:27
Ain`t heard a thing, starting to think i forgot to press the submit button :}

endofeng
1st Sep 2006, 10:46
My mate whom works with me on the Q400 out of BHX got an invite for interview! We both have the same amount of hours, on the same aircraft, both from similar backgrounds (Engineering), yet I got the double PFO???:ugh:

Who knows what they are up to?

Good luck to you all, maybe its a random software package, you pay in you take your chances!

I am 3 years older than him though....Maybe 33 is too old! Although I hope they are not been bias, which would be highly underhand!

-----------------

Q400 Pilot
1st Sep 2006, 11:00
There is also a thread on the wannabe's forum where someone has been invited for interview (ie low hrs). At least it seems that some people are getting lucky. I have heard nothing as yet - same experience as above.

I find it difficult to understand how they can distinguish between applicants based on their simplistic application form though.

GMIMA
4th Sep 2006, 17:58
has anyone else heard anything good or bad today??:}

mackey
6th Sep 2006, 11:17
Hi folks,
I too had my third PFO the other day, perhaps they just want to make sure they have told us!:confused:
Bad news always comes in 3's, so hopefully the next one will be good news!!:ok:
M.

Pizzaro
6th Sep 2006, 11:22
Still haven't had a reply good or bad, did anyone get a receipt email from them when you first submitted your application.

Regards P.

Frank Furillo
6th Sep 2006, 11:23
Mackey
At least you are getting PFO's!!!

Dan 98
6th Sep 2006, 17:54
I applied on the 1st August when the online application opened, I have not received anything good or bad. Starting to think my application never got to them!! Maybe no news is good news, but I'd almost be relieved to get a PFO to put me out of my misery to be honest.
All the best

Dan

Coppi
7th Sep 2006, 12:19
Got the thanks-but-no-thanks message as well.:{ 6700 total, 5700 B737:E.

stansdead
7th Sep 2006, 13:47
Coppi,

Why would you want to join a charter carrier with at least TEN years to command with your experience?

Or perhaps you thought you may get a quick command because of your hours? Sadly, there are about 150 SFO's ahead of where you would have joined on the seniority list who WOULD get a command course before you.

I reckon if you are low hours and are willing to work Summer only, then you will stand a good chance of getting into TCX this year.

Coppi
7th Sep 2006, 14:09
Right, I was hoping for a quick command opportunity.:} Otherwise, as you say, I wouldn't be interested in joining them with such a long wait for a command slot.:E

alwayzinit
7th Sep 2006, 14:43
Just thought you guys might like to know that us at TCX Training Dept were told that there weren't any suitable candidates available hence we have ended up with GCAT and other cadets.

Me, I would rather have someone who has some proper time, spacial awareness, RT abilityand airmanship.

The state of moral at TCX is rock bottom so if you want to be a mushroom you know where to go.:ok:

Alwayz

Black Knat
7th Sep 2006, 15:23
Alwayzinit-I guess it has come down to the usual thing these days, they've found an excuse to go for the cheapest option!

Coppi
7th Sep 2006, 15:31
I guess suitability from an airline's point of view entails aspects that we candidates cannot imagine, in these somewhat strange times. So, a cadet may be more "suitable" to be hired by some airlines than an experienced high timer. No bitterness intended due to the PFO mail, just a little disapointment, due to the fact that when I was a low timer only experience seemed to be important and now that I have some experience, other financial considerations seem to outweigh the experience factor.:(

endofeng
7th Sep 2006, 15:42
Quote"Just thought you guys might like to know that us at TCX Training Dept were told that there weren't any suitable candidates available hence we have ended up with GCAT and other cadets."

If that is the case, how come my mate who flies for the same company as me, at the same base, on the same aircraft, with the same hours and experience, and the same training background got an invite, and I didn't?

Strange eh!

---------------

stansdead
7th Sep 2006, 16:17
endofeng,

Why don't you ring and ask?

Coppi,

You've had a lucky escape. you would have waited a decade or more for command.

Alwayz,

Don't understand the reference to Mushrooms... is it because they grow in dark environments? Such as Night Turkeys and Canaries?

coolcaptain
8th Sep 2006, 10:29
mushrooms - feed them $hit and keep them in the dark.

i got my 3rd pfo too. 4500hrs heavy turboprop.

je mi to jedno, que sera sera.

randomair
12th Sep 2006, 16:29
Hello all,
I've got a thomas cook interview coming up and would be gratefull if anyone could give me any intel on the format of the interview??
Hope someone can be of some assistance. And also is the moral really as poor as i have heard?
Cheers randomair

stansdead
12th Sep 2006, 21:13
randomair,

Good luck in your interview.

I don't know what it will consist of, but I don't think it will be too arduous.

Perhaps a bit of Perf A type stuff and a few general tech questions.

As for morale? It is pretty bad and not getting better. It ain't that much fun anymore I am afraid.

Vee One...Rotate
13th Sep 2006, 09:55
As for morale? It is pretty bad and not getting better. It ain't that much fun anymore I am afraid.

Why is this?

Thanks,

V1R

TLBird
13th Sep 2006, 15:00
Hello

I just had an intervew with them, Expect an interview with H.R dept and then your intervew with 2 senior pilots.

Know your performance A, company history, and why you want the job.

They were very nice people and no gotchas be confident.
Good luck:)

Longchop
13th Sep 2006, 15:18
What are the experience levels of those interviewed?

Good Luck to you all

C2C2
13th Sep 2006, 16:39
:yuk: I Work For Tc And Hasten To Add That The Morale Is Extremely Low And Bad - They Are Not The Best Company To Work For And Dont Value Their Staff Well, And Thats Why Im On My Way Out Of It...........

sagaris
13th Sep 2006, 17:14
As per V1R, would you care to elaborate a little. I have heard similar recently, but nobody has put any 'meat on the bones' so to speak. I only ask as I am contemplating a move there.

A roster would be ideal if anyone has one, alongside say 'a month in the life of' inc. take home pay/nightstops... 757 at MAN if possible, and have the time to reply.

Many thanks.:ooh:

C2C2
13th Sep 2006, 17:28
THE ROSTERS ARE VILE - ARE YOU APPLYING FOR CREW OR F/D - WHICHEVER WAY IT DOESNT MATTER - YOU WILL BE WORKED TO THE BONE AND U WILL NOT HAVE A SOCIAL LIFE - RUNNING ON LOWEST AMOUNT OF CREWS AND F/D JUST TO MAXIMISE PROFITS....:eek:

sagaris
13th Sep 2006, 18:03
That is still lacking in substance, informed or otherwise. Maybe someone else can shed some light rather than just saying its vile. I work my 900 a year plus dead legs time and I too am being worked to the core, which is part of the reason I applied to TC.

Any reasoned insight would be greatly appreciated.

This is for F/D, to answer your question.

fantom
13th Sep 2006, 18:12
Hang on a minute.
There will be gripes from people in most organisations. TC is no different. The fact is they have reduced crew to the minimum so as to be more efficient and make the bottom line look good. TC is a business, not a charity.
Sure, things are worse now than they were; that does not necessarily mean things are bad.
Someone said to me the other day: "the money is OK. If they could just sort out the rosters, people would be happy". I agree.
I would cheerfully hang some of my bosses; they would probably say the same about me.

Tight Slot
13th Sep 2006, 22:26
there are a lot worse places to be. I've been here almost 8 years, great bunch of guys/girls. It will get better, its not too bad now. Great BALPA membership, can mean only one thing.

Future extra frames on the way...

I like it here, I really do.

Grass is always greener? No way

Pm me if you want an inside view

mbcxharm
14th Sep 2006, 04:29
...and to add further balance(?) I'd agree with Tight Slot and fantom - 3 years at TC and not much to complain about at all really. However, life at the smaller bases is often a bit easier I guess...

stansdead
14th Sep 2006, 11:46
Tight Slot,

"future extra frames on the way"....

What, an A330.... and what happens when the A320's disappear? No sign of ANY replacements for them yet is there?

We could easily be about to CONTRACT, not EXPAND.

C2C2
14th Sep 2006, 13:02
HEY STANSDEAD, HOW DO YOU KNOW THE INSIDE GOSSIP....
YEAH 1 A330 ON THE WAY AND NOT MUCH WORK FOR IT EITHER... AND DYIKNG B757s WHICH ENGINEERS ARE STRUGGLING TO MAINTAIN... IF I WAS LOOKING FOR AN AIRLINE JOB I WOULD BE LOOKING SOMEWHERE WHERE THERE ARE NEW A/C COMING AND AN AIRLINE WHERE THE CURRENT A/C ARE IN BETTER SHAPE THAN TCX....:ugh:

gummy
16th Sep 2006, 09:53
:) I've worked for TCX for a long time. If you are at a small base life is much better than @ MAN or LGW. The 757 works the hardest and the rosters could be better, but hey, they want to make a profit and stay in business. The pay and conditions are amongst the best in the charter industry. Unfortunately, it takes a long time to get to the left seat these days, but it's the same in any large airline. The A320s are being replaced by 757s to increase capacity and are cheaper to lease. The maintenace is good and even our 757 has not gone tech much this season. The grass is not always greener!;)

randomair
16th Sep 2006, 15:36
chances of a glasgow base??

gummy
16th Sep 2006, 18:01
Definitely, all new recruits will be on the 757 and GLA is always offered as most folk want to be further south. There are at least 2 757s there and your chances of getting GLA are excellent. Other bases are 757 bases are NEW, MAN(+330), EMA, BHX and LGW(+330). STN is a 320 base at present. Those who want to be at GLA really like it. The only down side at present is that sometimes you get offered a summer only contract for your first season or so. Good Luck:ok:

Ambulance 'Charlie Alpha'
16th Sep 2006, 19:03
I love my job. We work hard in the summer and do bugger all in the winter. I was rostered 50 hours block in August with no leave! Yes August!!! Rostered 94 hours this month. Who cares? It's what I'm paid for and as a prospective SFO that's what you're told is going to happen at the interview stage. Compared to the rosters of my last employer, this is a dream.

Morale? well we are short crewed...who isn't? The Captains are having a much worse time of it than the F/Os. Max hours, max fatigue etc. Big bases getting messed around, I'm sure it's not fun for them. But I'm at Glasgow. The best base in the country IMHO! Great skippers, great cabin crew and engineers. A mix of Canadian ETOPs and normal 'bucket and spade' flying in just the 2nd year here.

As for Captains being messed around, yes it is bad, but as a new joiner F/O you'll have atleast 10 years to worry about that!!!

I love it up here. Don't know why you all wanna work down south? And no, I haven't been drinking!

Cheers

ACA

C2C2
17th Sep 2006, 17:15
THEY A320z ARE NOT GOING YET --- NOTHING HAS BEEN SIGNED YET FOR THEM TO GO... THEY CANT FIND 757z TO REPLACE THEM - ONCE AGAIN A DYING TYPE OF A/C, AND THE ONE NEW A330 IS BEING SHARED BETWEEN MAN AND LGW BUT WILL BE BASED MORE AT MANCHESTER THROUGH THE YEAR THAN AT LGW ... AGAIN THERE WERE TECH PROBLEMS AT LGW LAST NIGHT AND FURTHER DELAYS AGAIN TODAY (SUNDAY), SO YEAH MAYBE GLA IS THE BEST BUT DOWN SOUTH IT AINT A PRETTY PICTURE.... LGW HAS BEEN INUNDATED WITH TECH ISSUES

SFCC
17th Sep 2006, 19:02
"and no, I haven't been drinking".

makes a change:}

Dan 98
18th Sep 2006, 10:41
Hi,
I applied on the 1st of August and have heard nothing since, I too have had doubts as to whether my application made it to them. I know of at least 4 others who applied after me who have had PFO's!! I did ring TC and was told they continue to sift through to select people for interview and that no news was good news, so you never know it could be good.
My experience level is 230hrs, completed a fulltime Mod course in June this year.
Best of luck

Dan

18th Sep 2006, 11:24
Hi there

I know 6 guys up here who have been called for interview starting v.soon. All are turbo left-seaters with a mix of hours between 2000-3000 hours, various ages.

Hope that helps?

ACA

18th Sep 2006, 11:46
C2C2

Please stop shouting, my head hurts!!!

Everybody is suffering from tech problems, TOM, MYT, GSM, XLA, MON, everybody. Being down south, I assume at one of our big bases? means you probably see it more than we do. If we go tech big time up here, it's normally left to a MAN based machine and crew to sort it out. This year however has been an improvement on last year without doubt, in terms of technical reliability. It's the lack of crews that are causing the big problems up here. Going tech and having no replacement crew immediately available can't help. That's why I'm encouraging people to join us. That way it can only get slightly better.

As for our old fleet of 757s. Well what are the options to replace them with? Certainly not an A321. It can't carry 235 pax, has high lease costs and performance issues. The Dreamliner? No. It is not a 757 replacement. It was built to replace the 767/A330. There are rumours of a baby 787 being produced, but the past has shown that shrinking a design to meet demand generally produces an aircraft that is nowhere near as efficient as the original. What about the 737-900ER? You still can't get 235 seats in it, and it lacks the performance and power of the 757. The sad fact is that the 757 is old, but still does not have an equal in the current market for the mass tourism that it caters for. Until 737ER orders dry up, I can't see that changing. This of course is just my opinion, of which I have many! So, for now, I'm sure the 757 will be 'bucket and spade' flying for a long time to come.

As for the A320s, well I'm sure there are cost benefits for becoming a single type short-haul fleet? I don't envy the guys on the fleet who hear all sorts of rumours and are left hanging on to see where the fleet's future lies. Come to Glasgow though and I'll show you some A320s that are older than some of our 757s!

Back to the bar I think.

ACA

monkeyboy
18th Sep 2006, 14:10
I applied about 4 weeks ago and got the call 3 weeks later. I have 1500 hrs with a mixture of both jet and TP. I firmly believe that if you put a reference down (ie someone in the company) then you stand a better chance of being invited for interview.

Keep those fingers crossed.

MB :)

randomair
22nd Sep 2006, 17:22
Oh thats excellent news... few more questions.

Take home pay for a SFO, out of glasgow??

And does anyone have any example questions that are asked.....(the pilot interview and the HR interview) what kind of Perf A questions?

Also....im currently a couple of hundred hours below the 1500 hours mark....so if im succesfull, and assuming that i start dec/jan/feb. i will be on 1500 hours there or there abouts, and will have the hours for my ATPL. however in the event that I am say 50 hours short at the time of my type rating sim check, will i have to go in as a FO and then wait till my next OPC until i can get my ATPL and subsiquently my SFO rank? (hope that made sense)

danke

randomair

one.two.go
23rd Sep 2006, 08:20
Also worth pointing out that TC are bringing in block window protection on all duties which should improve things considerably, particularly at MAN & LGW.

Good luck with the interview.

stansdead
23rd Sep 2006, 10:30
randomair,

If you don't have the necessary hours of course you will enter as an FO.

You WILL wait until your next LPC to get yur third stripe and significant payrise.

Get flying......;)

Fortune535
26th Sep 2006, 16:21
Guys and girls,

I've heard recently that TC have sifted the CV pile and will be calling for interview those that haven't already received a rejection letter. Anyone else in this boat?

Does anyone out there have a clue as to the interview format and info on the sim assessment past or present (assuming we get that far!).

Cheers for now.

richard82
27th Sep 2006, 15:32
Must be in the same boat as you as i still havent recieved this rejection email. But who knows?
Think its a chat with HR then 2 pilots some tech and perf A stuff and a tell us about you and why you want to work for us?
as for the sim not sure

alosaurus
1st Oct 2006, 15:37
Just got an Interview.
7,000 hours....most of it EMB145 LHS
Any idea about the tech /perf questions (the 145 has no performance :-)

scameron77
3rd May 2007, 09:16
Sent CV on Thursday of last week, was told pilot recruitment was done for the summer but sure, send it through and keep and eye on the website.

Phonecall Friday afternoon, 2:30, hey, in past 24 hours things have changed, new developments, can you come and see us on Monday in Manchester?

Interview in Manchester on Monday, went OK, my first for 4 years and first with an airline. With hindsight I would have done/said a few things different, but answered all technical questions .... ish ::bored: and was told 'excellent answer' on a couple of occasions with respect to CRM and why I got into aviation.

Phonecall 5pm Wednesday, please to say you were successful subject to a sim check in Luton.

Champagne is on ice until sim check done and contract signed.

foxmoth
3rd May 2007, 09:53
Congrats on this, just wondering - what did they say to you on the pending TC/MYT merger and its likely effect?

scameron77
3rd May 2007, 10:00
They were unsure, not really clear to them either at this stage, either that or they weren't giving me a heads up but I didn't get that impression.

According to Wikipedia, MyTravel are getting rid of their 767's at the end of the summer which is strange as of the common TR, however their must be method to this or internet conjectre and after being on here for 3 years i wouldn't have a clue about that :ok:

foxmoth
3rd May 2007, 10:27
I would take any Wikipedia entry with a big pinch of salt!:}

randomair
3rd May 2007, 11:07
prob true.....tcx managment hate 767s. say they dont make any money....

scameron77
3rd May 2007, 11:14
Randomair,

I'm guessing you work for them, I may have sent you a PM asking for your advice in the past week.

You in a position to let me call you to pick your brain?