PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar International Cabin Crew

oneworldairline
21st Aug 2006, 10:53
Hi, So Lets start again and hopefully this one won't get closed. LOL so where are they recruiting for Thai CC for jetstar? how do you apply and do u have to be a thai resident only

Oh has anyone heard anything about the recruitment for the Melbourne based yet? It seems like they are taking their time and pushing it to the end so that when the new JQI crews finish training they can fly or they'll have to wait around doing nothin ....

Well good luck to everyone

Wingletts
22nd Aug 2006, 00:27
:confused:
Just wondering if anyone out there from the JQI assessment days in Melb has heard anything regarding the checking of their references and what/when is the next stage of interviews?:confused:
I attended on the 3rd august and we were told that it would be this week that the morning tea would be held..still none of my refs checked and still no "thanks but no no thanks email/letter"....:ugh: nearly a month has passesd ...
Has anyone heard any whispers or heard of whats happening...I thought they may have gotten on with it much faster as Sept/oct is just around the corner when training is supposedly starting...
would love any goss ...
wingletts ....hanging in threre!:hmm:

oneworldairline
22nd Aug 2006, 02:24
HEy..... I know how you feell im just waitin for the assessment day.. I heard they are having more at the end of next month and craming it to the last minute because thats how JQ always done it ... Leave everything to the last minute.. Last week the recruitment agency just ad for recruitment assistance so they can help with the reference checks and all... HOW LATE IS THAT hehehe

So wat are you doin at the moment Wing

well hope you hear something soon

oneworldairline

Braniff
22nd Aug 2006, 07:59
Yeah, I'm also in the game. Had my assessment on the 2nd and still have not heard anything from Jetty or references.
Regarding the Thailand positions, from what I have gathered from the requirements, recruitment seems to be only for Thai nationals. A company called T.E.T Tour East does the recruiting for these positions. Google them you might find something about it. I might be wrong.

This wait is killing me, cant wait to hear something good or bad.

Wingletts
22nd Aug 2006, 08:56
just to let you know the wait is killing me too :ugh: seeing i am doing a really crappy ground job in the coproate world- its sooo different ..:bored: I just want to know once and for all so i can get on with it and concentrate on other things if need be... still once you have been in avaition it is in your blood for a long time...

just make sure we all keep posting as it is the only way we are really able to spread the word about our different experiences to date.. ie who's heard and who hasnt!

keep the hope alive hey! they must have to get on with the lettters of thanks but no thanks soon enough and more importantly the suucessful please join us for the next stage of JQI recruitment!

love Wingletts:ok:

QFvsPLUNA
22nd Aug 2006, 14:38
Hey there Guys just new to pprune.

Has any1 heard back from Jet*intern that went 2 the interviews in Melb on the 3rd of August......

Pls let me know, Im loooooosing hope.. :ugh:

Wingletts
23rd Aug 2006, 00:01
Just spoken with a gal who was in my intial assessment on the 3rd August and she has her morning tea today...my heart sank when I heard this even tho I was very happy for her...she had also heard that there will be another intake for November and that they will condut another stage 2 morning tea later..but..that was only hearsay!

We are going to talk at the end of today and she said she will do her best to find out what she can...

Two scenarios
we have missed out and it's a matter of time before the thanks but no thanks email/letter arrives..:{

or ..they are keeping us in reserve for the next intake and waiting to see who doesnt make it through the whole process so they can fill in the gaps as reqired..i.e we are in a holdong pool :ugh: ...

if we are on hold ..in some weird form, its a bit rough we havent even been notified or worse if we have missed out entirely!

wingletts

Ranjha83
23rd Aug 2006, 01:29
Hi everyone,
Can anyone share the interview process please, whats happens on the day? plz

thanks
ranjha:rolleyes:

Wingletts
23rd Aug 2006, 01:59
First stageChecking of all essential documents by one recruiter
You are measured
One on one interview of about 10mins- (customer service your background type qus)

presentation on Jetstar and the new international operation (take note of the facts they present!)

group activites

-make a triangle from pieces provided....group work problem solving..
-speak about a pic of one of the jetstar int destinations in front of group
-sort a pack of cards as a group
-problem solving/prioritising activity- catering on a JQ flight
-qus by facilitator in relation to some of the facts that were presented in the JQ slideshow earlier i.e when are the new 787's being introduced
-general knowledge quiz - adding of items from the menu, calculation of duty hours,time differences, jetstar int destinations ..
-personality profile/test
-question time

oneworldairline
23rd Aug 2006, 02:21
Hey thanks for the good advise on the recruitment process on the first day... very detail and seems like you have had good memory of what happened. LOL thanks for that it will come in handy..

Well.... yeah i heard that they will be doin some more recruitment at the end of sepetember because of friend of mine had emailed and said they could not attend the 2nd of august and was told to hold on and will be reinvited to the end of september recrutiment session....

SO hold in there guys there are plenty of chances still dont let your hopes up yet untill u get the ugly email... UNTILL then dont let your hopes down and keep your dreams up.... STICK IN THERE

kind regards

Oneworldairline

Wingletts
23rd Aug 2006, 02:42
yeah.. isort of deep down believe that may happen but ..I stil cant understandwhy they cant let all these poor hopefuls who have been left hanging know where they are at
i.e..you are now in a waiting pool until the next assessment ...
or thanks but you are now unsuccessful

your friend will most probably be invited back to the 1st stage of assessment..the group thing with the activities...

I am going out of my mind with angst!:ugh:

I will be 'devo' if they say no after all this time ...i have been thru this before with other airlines and it never gets any easier believe me!:rolleyes:

Braniff
23rd Aug 2006, 09:19
I wouldn't be too worried about being cut out of the game yet, there has to be more to come. I just spoke to a girl i met at my assessment centre who went to a melbourne morning tea today. She said she only saw 2 other candidates from that interview on the 2nd August at this morning tea today. And that's the only melb morning tea we know of at this stage right guys?

jamesmo
23rd Aug 2006, 09:20
they will recruit thai crew based in BKK for thai citizen opening day will be in BKK from 24AUG till 26AUG after that there will be an assessment day ... too bad for me cuz i can't apply it.... goodluck fro everyone who will apply it

sinala1
23rd Aug 2006, 11:26
Hey I have heard that JQI Cabin Crew will have to share hotel rooms downroute - can anyone confirm/deny this with fact?

FlyBoyBne
24th Aug 2006, 08:39
Greetings All, Just wondering if anyone has heard about the Morning Teas in Sydney. I am in contact with others who attended the Group Interviews and some have, as I have, had their referee checks, but not further word. Another person I know has had her referees checked. I guess that is part of the process.

I just keep saying, "Keep your chins up! I am sure it will all work out eventually".

There is a rumor that some training will be done in Brisbane by Aviation Australia.

right4primary
25th Aug 2006, 17:14
Hi guys and Gals!

Just came across this advert for Thai Base Crew if anyone is Interested...

กระทู้ ในส่วน: วิชาการ.คอม>vCafe>วิชาการบริการ>รับสมัครงาน ชม:172 ตอบ: 0 โหวต: 10

เรารักในหลวง
Jetstar Airways เปิดรับ Cabin Crew (Walk In 24-26 Aug'06) vote + (ชอบงานเขียนนี้ กด vote ให้คะแนน)

JETSTAR INTERNATIONAL

CABIN CREW OPPORTUNITIES
BANGKOK BASED

Jetstar Airways, Qantas Group Airlines from Australia will begin flights late this year from the east coast of Australia to international destinations in the Asia pacific region including Bangkok and Phuket, Osaka, Ho Chi Minh City, Bali and to Honolulu. Jetstar is planning to set up a Crew base in Bangkok and has engaged Tour East (T.E.T) Ltd. to recruit Thai nationals for Cabin Crew positions

As a value based airline, Jetstar will offer two classes of service for its international flights. The cabin crew will be responsible for meeting the customer service and comfort needs of passengers. Crew will be rostered to be away from home for multiple nights, flying to various destinations in the international Jetstar network.

Successful applicants will be offered:

• A competitive salary with additional allowance when away from home
• A career with aviation with a growing international airline
• The opportunity to make new friends, have fun and enjoy job satisfaction.
• Generous travel benefits and the opportunity to fly away on your days off

Minimum requirements are:

• Thai national
• University graduate
• 18 years of age (female), 21 years of age (male)
• Height of between 160 - 183 cms.
• Able to swim at least 50 meters non stop
• Experienced in a customer service.
• Comfortable in a selling role
• Proficiency in written and spoken English language- a certificate showing a minimum
TOEIC level of 650 achieved within the past 2 years will be required (photocopy required)
• Valid passport with at least 24 months validity (photocopy required)
• Personal E-mail address
• Acceptable health and eyesight
• Japanese language will be advantageous

Note: Male applicants will also need to provide a record of exemption from military service

Applications will only be accepted in person on August 24th ,25th , or 26th between 08.00
am and 5.00 pm at the following location.

The following original documents (and one photocopy of each) must be presented at the time of the application: Transcript of record of exemption from military service: house registration certificate; Identification Card; result of TOEIC plus one recent photo.

MFAA Academy
Louis’ Tavern Hotel
79 Moo 3, Soi Vibhavadi 64
Vibhavadi-Rangsit Road
Laksi, Bangkok

Please be advised that Tour East (T.E.T.)
Ltd. reserves the right to invite only the
Qualified persons to progress to the next
stage of the recruitment process.

flitegirl
26th Aug 2006, 00:20
Note there is no reference to the cabin crew being required to perform safety or emergency duties. A bit of a worry.:eek:

"As a value based airline, Jetstar will offer two classes of service for its international flights. The cabin crew will be responsible for meeting the customer service and comfort needs of passengers. Crew will be rostered to be away from home for multiple nights, flying to various destinations in the international Jetstar network."

QF skywalker
28th Aug 2006, 10:11
Sinala - I have heard this hotel room sharing story also, my source was directly from people I know who were in the final interview.

sebby
28th Aug 2006, 23:08
GUYS GUYS GUYS!!

DO NOT ACCEPT THIS!

I cant believe they want you to share a room... lets just hope if this si the case that often enough you are the only male/female so you dont have to share!

:} :mad: :\ :eek: :ugh: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

jetstarFA
29th Aug 2006, 02:21
Is anyone really that surprised......
JQI will make the conditions so bad that NO ONE will want to work for them ... Then they will have no option to employ Thai crew to make up the numbers....

The perfect crime...... THANKS MR JOYCE:}

ditzyboy
29th Aug 2006, 07:05
Enough to make you sick! :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

What horrible people to work for! :mad:

sebby
29th Aug 2006, 21:27
SsSSSshhh Leane, im sure Geoff and Alan lerk around these parts somewhere getting info on how to corrupt their employees!!! :}

flitegirl
29th Aug 2006, 23:02
Guys remember this is gossip at the moment. I have friends who have interviewed with JQI and hotel sharing wasn't in the deal. It wouldn't be in the company's best interests anyway... for the small cost saving, imagine the countless problems it would create - safety issues, EEO and OHS issues! It would just be a nightmare.:eek:

right4primary
30th Aug 2006, 06:02
Greetings all!
2 of my friends have been offered positions with Jetstar start early OCT
AWA contract~
Days Off
* Rest periods and days off may overlap
* Nothing shall prevent Jetstar from contacting the Employee on a day off
* Where the employee is assigned to a duty that commences on a day off
for any reason, a substitute day off will be assigned on a day chosen
at the discretion of Jetstar
* Assignment of substitute days off will be subject to operational
requirements and will be at the discretion of Jetstar.
* The minimum planned home base rest period following a pattern of 3 days
or more will be 18 hours. May be reduced to 15 hours subject to
Disruptions or other operational reasons
Overtime and Productivity Bonus
* For each hour worked between 120-152 in a 28 days roster period
the employe will be paid an additional amount equal to the base hourly rate
* Overtime will be paid to the employee for each hour worked in excess of 152
hours in a 28 day roster period at the rate of time and a half per hour
Standby
* Standy By duty can be at home, hotel, Airport or any other location
( POSSIBLE STANDBYS WHILST IN ANOTHER PORT )
Travel Allowances and Overnight Accomodation
* Jetstar will provide travel allowances and accomodation to the employee
for Overnights at the direction of Jetstar away from home base
( SHARE ROOMS????? AMOUNT OF ALLOWANCES???????)
Roster Periods and Hours
* Planned duty hours will be up to 152 hours plus reasonable additional
Hours, rostered over a 28 day period. These hours may be averaged
over 12 months
* Jetstar may reassign the employee an alterantive duty at any time during
the 28 day rostered period for any reason.
Duty Hour Limitations
* If the employee reports for duty at home or any slip port the employee
may be directed not to sign on until any disruption management decisions
have been made. The period of time between original sign on and revised
Sign on will count toward the roster period hourly total but will not be
Included in any duty hour limitation calculations.
SALARY COVERS ALL GROOMING, LAUNDRY, UNIFORMS, SHIFTS AND MISCELLANEOUS EXPENSES, ANNUAL LEAVE LOADING AND MAINTANANCE OF A PASSPORT ARE ALSO INCLUDED IN THE SALARY.
**** Just some of the clauses in the AWA which does not make it look very Appealing ****
Have a good think about it before making any decisions if offered the postion because this is as good as it will get

Luv2surf
30th Aug 2006, 23:11
With those conditions, it makes working for QF in AKL look like BA standard work rules!!! :E
I cant believe the stuff they are coming up with? Why would you take it?

So let me get this staright, within a 28 day roster you can work up to 152hrs (plus reasonable additional hours - wat the hell is that???)??? Are they insane?

In AKL its up to 240hrs in 2 months!!! that works out to be around 120hours pm. And even when i do this im putrid sick...and feel in the dumps!!!
Then to add insult to injury they want you to share a room??? How will you get your rest?
What is the point of even doing an interview where they ask you to speak about the destinations they fly to, when you will purely be too tired to experience them??? :sad: :oh:

They also state "Rest periods and days off may overlap"..i would think that means when in a slip port on your time off this is classed as a day off...am i not mistaken??

Goodluck to all that are taking this, alot of friends in AKL have got the job, but i will have to give them a call and see if they are going to take it on these conditions...

Think about this guys, you will have no life, you cant plan anything, you are a walking ZOMBIE of this company!! Enough to make you sick!!

What is flying coming to these days??? :rolleyes: :mad: :mad: :mad: :ugh:

Cheers :ugh:

ditzyboy
30th Aug 2006, 23:42
Goodluck to all that are taking this,

Pardon my being harsh but I have no sympathy for anyone who chooses to be a part of this. It is plainly obvious how bad the conditions are. These people would have to be deaf and blind (and dead!?) not to know how appalling it will be. (Is the lube supplied by the company on day one of training?)

These conditions place undue pressure on all QF Group cabin crew not only through the poor salary and work rules but the fact it is covered by a non-union AWA. I do not know how anyone could willingly sign up to this sham. :confused:

I couldn't care more when these people start posting on here about how bad it is - I certainly couldn't care less. :hmm:

Having said the above if people are somehow able to make JQI work for them good on 'em. I just cannot for the life of me think how anyone could believe they won't get shafted. Honestly.

What part of this allows for any job satisfaction? The way myself and other ex-QFLink colleagues managed at JQ Domestic was by taking the positives and running with them. You had to try hard but you could make the job work for you. It just doesn't seem possible with the proposed conditions at JQI, however.

flitegirl
31st Aug 2006, 00:10
the reality is guys, they will probably get an army of young kids who just want to fly. Remeber what it was like when you were starting out? All you wanted to do was take to the skies. And for a newbe JQI would seem pretty exciting wouldn't it? I agree that these conditions are terrible...it's really dissapointing. But they'll get the crew. I guess they just wont stick around too long when they start to learn that it's more than just the "glamour" of HNL one day HKT the next. But that's probably what JQ want. churn 'em thru!!

Very sad.

just remember.... Mandy used Sunraysia prune juice to help keep her regular. I think they'll be needing it!!!

terminal2
31st Aug 2006, 03:18
Did they mention the actual pay rate offered on this contract to Cabin Managers or Cabin Crew?

Did they trick it up using 9% super included in the whole package deal?

Heard 5 more crew resigned in SYD this month......

upper_deck_cabin
31st Aug 2006, 04:05
Many of my friends have stalled in the recruitment process also, however a small percentage have been offered AWA contracts.

Jetstar want their crew to work 152 planned hours in 28 days, averaged over a 12 month period, and that is international flying! Also these hours can be extended.
Jetstar will have full flexibility of exploiting their staff.

You will be issued a roster, however Jetstar have full flexibility to change it and add a duty.

Some duties are planned over 16 hours long, with only 12 only hours rest! Sound feasible to you? Have you contemplated the crossing of multiple time zones and date lines?

For those of you that know the physical effects of international flying you will agree with me that these hours are excessive and inhumane.

There is nothing in these AWA contracts about accommodation or allowances. Small clauses state things like the company will roster annual leave at Jetstar’s absolute discretion, and Jetstar can terminate your AWA contract with 7 days notice. However these contracts are individual and yours may be more reasonable, or worse!

Think long and hard before accepting your offers, I predict your recruitment process will speed up as many experienced crew reject these outlandish contracts.

These conditions are disproportionate to any of the other Qantas group company’s contract, and that includes the Qantas Bangkok based Flight attendants, who work a maximum of 120 hours a month (240 per 56 day period)

The base pay is 32k, (27k till final line checks) plus the extra allowances that are ‘up to the companies discretion,’ the package of 41 - 46k includes annual bonus, super, language pay, (overtime as they can extend you to anything reasonable and by reasonable they mean within 12 hours rest) etc etc etc. I doubt you will enter into the 40k per year.

If you feel you have what it take to contend with the conditions of our 3rd world Asian neighboring countries, or voted for Howard you should accept the AWA. But remember you can negotiate for better conditions before you sign, but this would probably be a very short conversation, and they may ask you for another cheque, as that is how I understand their recruitment process to be. Unless Jetstar are prepared to accept crew below the bench mark set by Qantas you have nothing to lose, only your rights and dignity as an Australian employee.

EAAFA
31st Aug 2006, 04:14
Flitegirl is so right. There are always people who will accept the most appalling conditions just to fly.

Remember when Impulse flight attendants slept on board the aircraft on the ground because the airline wouldn't provide them with a hotel room?

Remember QF hiring strike breakers not so long ago?

Aviation is setting the benchmark for the "disposable staff" approach to business. Thank you John Howard!

ditzyboy
31st Aug 2006, 10:40
Impulse cabin crew NEVER had to sleep on aircraft due to the company not providing hotels. Utter BS!

The trip this rumour started from was a BOC duty MEL-HBA-MEL. Sign on in mel at 11pm and sign off at 6.30am with a long transit in HBA (duty was 7hrs30). At that time we has no shared accomodation for extended transits - day or night. The crew were, however, provided with the old Air NZ Koru Club Lounge at HBA International terminal. The lounge was quite small and obviously did not include beds. Some crew then chose to stay onboard the aircraft for the duration of the transit (around 4hrs 30). These same crew also brought gear to sleep in.

This BOC duty was no different to working completely through the night as it was all duty time. Infact one could say that they had the benefit of being able to sleep on company time as opposed to working.

Another piece of information the loads on the midnight outbound were never more that 20 - the flight was for underfloor freight. The crew were never worked hard.

Initially the trip was bid for on seniority with a commitment of 3 months. I think crew worked 3 trips one week and 4 the next. You can imagine it appealled to the Mother's Club and those with other jobs/interests.

The discontent regarding this short-lived pattern came about when general crew were rostered this trip as well as regular flying. BOC was unheard of and blew the minds of most VQ cabin crew. As we were paid no more for this duty many crew did not want to do it. Crew were condtioned to solely earlies then days off then lates - never a mixture or with BOC thrown in.

The second wave of discontent came when we began QFLink ops and the outbound flight left an hour earlier and the morning flight half and hour later - meaning a longer transit (and a duty time of around 9 hours). As the 717s were now operating from the QF terminal in HBA there was no longer access to the International Lounge. In the chaos that was the changeover our short-sighted managers forgot about transit amenities. Hence crew spent the transit on the aircraft as we had no extended transit accomodation provisions at the time. This is completely in line with what would have happened on a day duty. The other gripe was we were now doing hot meals on these sectors and there was more customers - harder work.

Given this pattern was blocked as one continuous duty all was counted as duty time and was therefore no different to working the whole 7.30/9 hours. Some could even say it was a score as the loads usually extremely light and they were paid to do nothing for the bulk of the duty. Also at the time EVERY other VQ pattern was four sectors.

When crew began slipping in HBA about a month into QFLink ops this duty was scrapped. This pattern was around for a total of 3-4 months. Yet the rumour will live forever I reckon!

To summise the RUMOUR was started by those who were not interested in working BOC and got thrown it on their roster even though they didn't sign up to do it. Doing our day time BNE-SYD-MEL shuttles with few overnights we were sheltered from what being a 'real' flight attendant was all about. Many of the young crew at Impulse just didn't understand the concept of BOC or mixtures of lates/earlies/BOC. Even things like weather delays or medical diversions were seen as MASSIVE news in those early days.

Incidently some of our hotels at VQ were a world above some of those provided to QF Short Haul nowadays. My first ever overnight was in BNE at the Hilton. We did stay at Siloms in MEL out near the airport in the start up days and I would have prefered to sleep on the aircraft if they let me! :O

Until recently Short Haul had long (3hr+) transits in KTA after a 0450 start. Although MANY crew slept onboard you do not hear such discontentment. The trip had happened for years and was quite senior actually.

EAAFA -
I must apoligise for my rant. I hate Jetstar management's tactics as much as the next person. I just have a 'thing' with that BS rumour about sleeping on aircraft. Totally false.

terminal 2 -
I know a guy who resigned yesterday. So sad to know it is all part of their plan. Not a good work environment where you watch your colleagues endlessly circle management's revolving door. :sad:

sebby
31st Aug 2006, 10:48
Ditzy - I was almost going to post that I thought this was just a rumour and perhaps a BOC duty etc

Ive done similar duties in the past and had late evening delays where we have been on using international aircraft so weve put a movie and fallen asleep... but I have more integrity than to say the company didnt supply s with some accommodation for 3 hours. Shame these rumours take over like that!

flitegirl
1st Sep 2006, 01:44
Well said ditzy. I'm glad you cleared that up. I too heard that gossip a few years back and thought it rather questionalble!! I often wondered that if i was true that crew were "overnighting" on an aircraft, wouldn't that be breaching some sort of safety regulation. As you've stated very well, long transits are rather common in this industry. I remember flying to places way out in the middle of nowhere over in WA and having a lovely nap for 3 hours.

jetstarFA
1st Sep 2006, 05:08
Keepin it real Ditzy.

For the crew who whinge and moan about JQ International it is your own fault....You will get no simpathy from ANYONE in the airline industry...:ouch: :ouch: :ouch:

After close to 10 years in the flying business it never ceases to amaze me of the amount of rumours in the galley that become gospel.

The precidents get set by people who give their first born to become a flight attendant and all vote YES on eba's, then when the going gets tough they all go to MAM or to whereever the grass is greener and leave the stayers who have been there through ALL the changes to pick up the pieces..

These crews who will work for JQI will all be gone within 6-12 months....:D :D

WHY - because they will realise how bad the conditions are ....and they will realise how nice and soft the grass really was.

I will just be a little Part Timer doing the BARE minimum for an organisatin that couldn't careless...:D :D

sebby
1st Sep 2006, 14:04
:ok: KTA return flitegirl????

upper_deck_cabin
2nd Sep 2006, 05:08
Has anyone decided to join Jetstar international? And were the short haul applicants who are current existing Jetstar employees asked to sign an AWA also?

Anyone got any positive news, stories or ideas about Jetstar?

ShesGreatintheGalley
2nd Sep 2006, 10:47
all i know is that most current JQ crew are thinking long and hard about this offer.. and i dont know if many will take it.
It really is ridiculous... i mean.. you have no control over your days off.. and even when they are going to give you your replacement days.. ****.. due to 'operational requirements' you could very well be owed your days off in the next month or something.
And how about 'coming to work, but delaying sign on' until mgmt require it.. i mean.. does this mean literallly you can come to work at 11am.. be told when you arrive that you are not signing on till 7pm that night so sit at the airport all day (sure your accruing hours for your monthly total but you still have your 10 hour duty to operate ontop of the nine hours you have just wasted - in a normal airline you wouldnt be able to operate it as you would go out of hours!
That ontop of the whole 'iffy' accomodation situation..

Please people.. you would be on drugs to accept this. No matter how much you want to fly.. this really is selling your soul to the company because its not like they own you for 20 days of the month like they do with us here at JQ 'narrowbody' - but they will own you for the entire month! They will be chopping and changing your days off to meet 'operational requirements' - you will NEVER be able to plan ahead for your days off.. there is no mention of roster requests, bidding systems or anything which means they prob dont exist. you might get three star days a year.. (where you can pick a day off that isnt a public holiday/thing) but thats only three days off a year (if they introduce that at all... AND it would be due to 'operational requirements!' so they could just as well say no.
i am in shock at the conditions.. it really is actually far worse than i thought it would be.

flitegirl
3rd Sep 2006, 04:18
Sebby,:)

Barrow Island. It's off the coast of KTA. There's a runway, a few heli-pads, a camp, and lots of tumble weed. But you could nearly hear a pin drop so it was good for sleeping:ok:

1niteinbkk
3rd Sep 2006, 05:09
it's amazing coming accross this thread that rumours really make an essential part of one's airline career whether it be as crew or ground staff.

i tottally agree with JetstafFA because i remember travelling as pax with the airline i use to work for - the best source of "info" was in the galley.

ah well as the age-old question in the airline industry goes :
"What Do You Call A Basement Full Of Flight Attendants" (A "Whine Cellar")

in response to ShesGreatInTheGalley - if i had my choice i'd rather have the AWA than being a "casual" MAM f/a.