PDA

View Full Version : North West traveling report

ZAGORFLY
21st Aug 2006, 03:15
After 10 years of loyalty intercontinental traveling to US I am going to considering to change my airline reservation path.

To support the crews unfairness traitment by the NW management that is reflected is some cases to the passengers as well.

I was sorry to hear the comments by some fo the crews that apparently denouced their yearly income gross as low as 25-30,000 USD in some cases.
We have never been asked to pay 5 dollars for a beer or a glass of wine during intercontinental economy class by any airline in the world. But last saturday night flight from Tokyo to Hong Kong in business class we a broad choice of Wines and any drinks that is now under unfair profit (without receipt) requested in the economy class.

The upper management is unfailry requiring its staff to contain the customers unsatisfation and degrade of its services in flights. That imbarassment is matter of stress. The customer's stress is not taken into consideration.

This kind of management is draiving such wonderfull carrier into a profitable coffing corner,

filejw
21st Aug 2006, 03:27
I would think with that kind of loyalty you would know Northwest is one word.:}

WHBM
21st Aug 2006, 13:11
The rest of the world's aviation is vey grateful to the buffoons who now seem to permeate all levels of US airline management, as they are slowly but steadily driving passengers away from the US carriers (especially passengers based in overseas countries) and onto the competition.

This boost to passenger numbers of the non-US carriers must be worth many years of marketing effort and natural growth.

Old-fashioned seating styles, dreadful food options, charging for drinks, frequent flyer plans that turn out to be unredeemable, rude flight attendants, nobody paying for F any more because it is chock-full of upgrades, they are increasingly stepping back from what others offer.

Sobelena
21st Aug 2006, 13:24
I was once a regular J class pax with DAL and NWA. They never matched the competition, but they were OK. Sadly both went downhill fast. DAL I dropped about three years ago, and NWA about a year ago. I now use other carriers even it takes me via another European hub rather than taking a direct DAL or NWA flight.

WHBM
21st Aug 2006, 14:51
In regard to charging for alcohol, I suspect this hospitality-unfriendly petty practice stems in part from most US major carriers being headquartered in bible belt Middle-America places (Dallas for AA, Atlanta for DL, Minneapolis for NW, etc) rather than the more urbane international-oriented places like New York or California, where a generation ago the likes of Pan Am or TWA were controlled from.

They obviously feel that the Demon Drink is the second worst curse of mankind, second only to [insert whichever country is this week's top of the US Government hate list] and that they are making their own personal contribution to The Crusade by having their company charge for liquor. Customer-focused ? Only when it suits.