PDA

View Full Version : On-line seat allocation

Nov71
21st Aug 2006, 02:23
Being able-bodied and tall, I usually select a forward bulkhead or mid exit seat for the extra leg room, or at least an aisle seat. When I turn up it is not the a/c on the diagram. I may still get seat xxC but not located where I thought it was, or I am allocated another seat by the computer without my prefs being sought. I know changes to a/c type are sometimes nec at short notice but a little checking please. I queried once with CC and was told they always flew that type on that route, so I can only assume the diagram on the booking page was wrong.
If I had to pay for my seat allocation I would insist on the location chosen rather than the seat number if they did not tally.

Anyone else noticed this problem?

eidah
21st Aug 2006, 02:41
This may not help much, but the only solution I can think of is forgetting about online check-in/Amadeus or Galileo at travel agents and just turning up at the check-in desk as early as possible to ensure they allocate you the seat you want.

*Cling, cling* (Leaves her 2 cents and exits to the right...)

BRUpax
21st Aug 2006, 09:59
the only solution I can think of is forgetting about online check-in/Amadeus or Galileo at travel agents and just turning up at the check-in desk as early as possible to ensure they allocate you the seat you want

Doesn't always work either eidah. Most of the seats have been taken up either through online check-in, or when checking in on the preceeding connecting flight, or on the outbound leg of a 24 hour return (when you can check-in for your return).