PDA

View Full Version : Uniform Tailors - London/South East?

Crosswind Limits
20th Aug 2006, 11:17
Can someone please recommend some uniform tailors down south?

Cheers!

Dumbledor
20th Aug 2006, 12:39
Try Wensum.
http://www.wensumthecollection.co.uk/pilots.html
D

Paradise Lost
21st Aug 2006, 16:39
yes, I second that. Down at Gatwick:)

Scroll Lock
21st Aug 2006, 16:44
I third.

good mail order service aswel.
ask for Nikki

unimuts
4th Sep 2006, 11:28
There must be more than these, anyone else with suggestions ??

I did hear that it was possible to buy from the BA suppliers, ? Is this possible ?

captain coldfront
4th Sep 2006, 12:05
Miller-Rayner .co.uk
Suthampton.
Really good shirts.

unimuts
4th Sep 2006, 12:27
Thanks Capt coldfront there is no end of shirt suppliers in the uk, but very very few provide the full suit.

Other than walking into a tailors and buying a suit, then adding the stripes cant seem to find anyone else, even with google's help.

Oh Well

unimuts

:)

captain coldfront
4th Sep 2006, 13:52
Millar-Rayner do everything else as well, the full monty. But their shirts are especially good.

Airsickness78
22nd Oct 2009, 09:49
i Just found a :ok: online suplier in the uk that does full uniforms incl rainjackets, stripes (shoulder / arm) ect.

They are called Armstrong Aviation Clothing
their url is: Armstrongs Aviation Clothing (http://www.armstrongaviationclothing.com/)

hope you can find what you are looking for

cl5b&scare
22nd Oct 2009, 12:49
Hi
We used Glover & Riding the military tailors in Aldershot for all our crew ,, did a great job and good price as well, most came off the peg and then were each tailored looked good as well :ok:

You can look them up via Google or yell.com for contact details

NuName
23rd Oct 2009, 07:31
Crosswind Limits
I have been looking as well, Wensum do everything but the material is not so good. Private tailors are an arm an a leg;) If you find something worthwhile do let us all know. I am going to check out the other suggestions.

youngskywalker
23rd Oct 2009, 08:38
I have a feeling that wensum have gone, last time I checked the website anyway.

FUZZYFELT
23rd Oct 2009, 08:52
Undergone a merger or takeover but Wensum Corporate Clothing still there
www.wensum.co.uk (http://www.wensum.co.uk) tel 01293 422151
change of facility but still 5 mins from Gatwick

flybypilot
25th Oct 2009, 15:02
I too am interested in a new uniform, had 3 off Wensum now and the quality leaves a lot to be desired. Not tried Miller-Rayner yet.

Surely for a good lasting, quality uniform there has to be others?

desertrat69
27th May 2014, 20:37
Hello, does anyone have any info on where to get the jacket trousers and shirts from now as so many companies are no longer. many thanks

VCG
28th May 2014, 06:23
Hi Guys

Try The Cotswold Tailor in Woodstock, oxfordshire. He did all of my crew uniforms to a very high standard. You are measured up and the fitting is like Savile Row. Speak to Alex Edwards. You can choose any cloth and lining you want so the options are endless.

Hope it helps.

All the best