PDA

View Full Version : Unpaid leave

crewbag
20th Aug 2006, 08:34
I have the opportunity to take unpaid leave for about 6 to 8 month, maybe up to one year.
I was wondering if there is any airline looking for FO on A330/A340 for such a contract.
I have been through all the official channels such as contract agencies and Flight International, maybe there is something more....?!
Thx!! :)

concordino
22nd Aug 2006, 15:20
I think Jet Airways is looking for A330/340 crews out of London.

You might also want to try Kingfisher out of India....

Good luck

lemmiwink
22nd Aug 2006, 16:16
better check those terms and conditions of your unpaid leave.
some companies don't want you to dive into another operator's sops!

crewbag
25th Aug 2006, 07:44
Anyone which had a bad experience with an unpaid leave period?
Thx

CB

Flughund
25th Aug 2006, 09:11
Concordino

Ex-pat FO's cannot be taken on by Indian airlines due to DGAC and Indian Employment law. You must be an Indian passport holder to have a chance.

There are companies in India advertising for FO's (through agencies as well), however this will NOT happen. There is carnage in India at the moment due to Jet Airways having advertised for ex-pat FO's without the Transport Ministers approval (he was 'considering' the issue). Now, because of that if he gives approval, then he will be accuse of pandering to Jet Airways wants, which Air India and Indian Airlines would go berserk about. It is going to be at least two years bfore the 'furore' dies down enough so that he can then permit ex-pat FO's. Until then, Captains only!

shortfuel
25th Aug 2006, 18:59
Hi, check with contractair, they have vacancies, MXP based ;)

vaninnam
26th Aug 2006, 06:37
As I understand Air Namibia is looking for A340-300 rated crew for a contract
email me at [email protected]
greetings

crewbag
27th Aug 2006, 17:29
Thanks everybody!

Flughund, what happens if the DGAC will approve the hiring of expert FO's? Do you really think that Jet Airways move was to hazardous? It seems that they are quite confident on that issue...
Nevertheless, by reading the other threads, it caused quite some interests.

I checked the contract opportunity out of MXP, but i was quite disappointed with the salary terms. I'm not very picky on that, but this one was quite embarrassing!

CB