PDA

View Full Version : The other Nigerian Airlines

Flying Touareg
19th Aug 2006, 19:29
For a while, there s so much concentration on VK,ARIK, AND AERO. I am curious to know what is happening to ADC,Overland, SOSOLISO. NICON, IRS, DANA,Spaceworld, etc. Have they made any significant progress in terms of fleet expansion/upgrades, routes,customer service , better packages for pilots etc?

airsupremacy
19th Aug 2006, 20:21
Hi. Guess all that is making the waves is VN,ARIK, AND AERO, while their progress is good let's not be in a haste to forget the few that have managed to stand the test of time...even though they are barely "standing" to the test .

I hear DANA has gone under, mobil operates in their space now at the local airport, Overland is flying but their performance if really unspectacular, i don't think it will be around for long (just my perspective...i need no hater). Nicon is pretty young...still an infant baby, let's hope it doesn't end up a flash in the pan like freedom- air, savanna etc, i'm glad these planes are flying though, if not for anything, for the fact that they are creating employment for Nigerian crews.

Sossoliso is holding on strong considering the setback they had some time ago, don't know if they have plans for fleet change or expansion. We must bear in mind how hard it is for an airline to break even in this industry, so i say kudos to all these airline that still get to "ROTATE", if only they will realise there is safety in numbers by merging, financing won't be much of a problem, but each buddy wants to run his show! we've seen from past experience that that doesn't work...ultimately...even though it always appears to be working.

18left
20th Aug 2006, 07:34
And why did anyone not mention CHACHANGI,i duff my cap for them,as they are consistent and still carry high loads in the face of fierce competition from vk et all,they seem highly unruffled.
Cant understand why they just want to stick to the same old routines and not develop new ideas routes or promotions
May be its time for Alhaji to dilute his interest?just like Wada did at Eas?
But its time to change that paint job, its AWFUL thats what scared the passengers on thier short lived accra route.

Rani
20th Aug 2006, 08:26
Chanchangi IMO has failed to put its act together. History is cruel to people who are afraid of change :eek:

18left
20th Aug 2006, 13:36
ADC is planning on going to the capital market.Rumour has it aero had the same plans as well.
Problem is my albarka dividend warrants are rotting away in some
bac1-11 and 727's at DNAA,so my faith in Nigerian airline stocks purchase is @##$$&#!#$%^^(#$%^:mad:

Though if aero went PLC i will reconsider:ok:

Tokunbo
20th Aug 2006, 13:42
airsupremacy,
DANA has not gone under, I saw their Dornier 228 at Owerri only yesterday. I guess they're just not operating from Lagos any more.