PDA

View Full Version : Norwegian (NAS) hiring again...

Sauter
19th Aug 2006, 16:41
This is really just a heads up for those out there looking for jobs in Scandinavia (or Warsaw/Poland for that matter)...
http://www.norwegian.no/sw22513.asp
Good luck, chaps. See you up front :)

Nardi Riviera
31st Aug 2006, 22:09
How may Scandinavian DY-pilots operate from WAW base, AND pay the cost of housing in Scandinavia etc on Polish salaries?

Maybe for bachelors only. :bored:

toolip
1st Sep 2006, 07:54
heard that F/O pay is around 6000 euros in polish base. not bad:D can someone confirm it?

captaink
2nd Sep 2006, 07:39
Instead of being

Olek6
13th Oct 2006, 13:12
Anyone know the T&C in NAS for FO's based in Norway?

BeforeStart
14th Oct 2006, 10:51
Also, does anybody know if you earn seniority for an Oslo base if you join as captain in Poland?

Are there any new bases planned?

captaink
14th Oct 2006, 16:49
Instead of being

:cool:

737BBJ
15th Oct 2006, 07:47
Hi there,

That does NOT seem like a very Scandinavian-like salary........:= := :=

In which case I allow myself to ask what a Scandinavian-like salary is like :confused:

captaink
15th Oct 2006, 13:26
Instead of being

737BBJ
16th Oct 2006, 05:25
€ 75000 is, according to a currency converter this morning NOK 632,758.64, Now, that sounds like an amount Norwegian would pay their captains starting with the company. Subtract what the tax authorities want to have and you are down to a couple of beers on Saturdays. But if you get that amount of money for being based in Poland, I would think you are pretty well off :ok:

captaink
16th Oct 2006, 10:09
Instead of being

maan
17th Oct 2006, 14:10
Hi fellow pilots!

I'm going to interview next week for position as FO with Oslo base. Is there anyone out there who knows what salary to expect? I'm hoping for something like 5000 Euro net all included. Unrealistic?

Does anyone know about the amount of per diems? On ppjn.com it is stated "Per diems according standard in Norway". How much is that!?

How long time to get in the left seat in Norwegian?

Thanx a lot for all your inputs!

Maan

captaink
17th Oct 2006, 19:05
Instead of being

737BBJ
19th Oct 2006, 08:12
maan,

quote/How long time to get in the left seat in Norwegian?/quote

How about concentrating on getting the job first, then do a good job as an F/O, then wait for your turn to be upgraded :rolleyes:

maan
19th Oct 2006, 08:28
Yes, you're right. But it is a consideration to take into account when choosing a new company to fly for. I'm not too far away from an upgrade in my present company, so if I have to wait another five years it might not be an option to join.... :\

captaink
19th Oct 2006, 09:30
Instead of being

Bengt Engel
20th Oct 2006, 17:35
How much truth is in the ARN base rumour? :}

captaink
20th Oct 2006, 20:30
Instead of being

Prince Buster
21st Oct 2006, 11:24
What BE? U jumping ship are u? ;)

Whats this talk about an ARN base? Fill me in...

737BBJ
22nd Oct 2006, 10:04
Do NOT show any ambitious tendencies as you then will violate the Law of Jante here!
I am glad I am working outside your patetic sosiety man!

My fellow 737 colleague,

There is nothing patetic about airlines` way of upgrading pilots (and I am not talking about companies hiring direct entry captains). This is a society where you start as an F/O, work for a certain period of time until your seniority number calls you for an assessment. Then you will have the opportunity to prove to your chief pilot, and yourself, that you have the professional qualifications for an upgrade. Fair enough, I would say.

It is ok to be ambitious and have the left seat as a goal. Most pilots do. But I still think one should concentrate on getting the job as an F/O first. And then start climbing. Law of Jante? Hardly my man. Hardly :rolleyes:

Bengt Engel
23rd Oct 2006, 09:22
What BE? U jumping ship are u? ;)
Whats this talk about an ARN base? Fill me in...

There will be no ship jumping around here....but it is very tempting to consider when those boys make almost as much as you my dear friend....but then again, money just seem to fall in your lap...:E

furthermore, it might get these crappy swedish pilot wages to rise once again!:ok:

BE.

braking action poor
23rd Oct 2006, 13:27
As previously stated 4000TT is a number they like to use for CU's in NAS.

For some that's 1-2 years(winters) for others a lot less/more.

What 737BBJ fails to understand is that NO airline company hires F/o's, they hires future captains, and DEPENDING on the airline you work for, time to left seat is a result of seniority, need, expansion and retirement.

For many F/O's in Europe already flying commercially, time to command is essential as they may be alot closer or further away from a left seat in their present company- thus making this vital in their decicion process.

Norwegians won't abandon ship and move back home JUST for a job, pay, pension AND time to command plays big(er) parts in the game...

Anyway, for some reason NAS has always been keen on Caravan-guys with 30sec on the 737, over guys who's actually flown the big, ugly beast.

Anyway, I bored by the way this topic has changed...:E

maan
23rd Oct 2006, 22:40
I've now been to the interview. Nice atmosphere. No tricky technical questions. More about personality and social life and experiences.

All info from Captaink has proved to be very accurate. After 1300 hours on B737 salary is 500.000 NOK + per diems.

Answer next week. Mentioned that they are considering ARN base as well.

Upgrade 4000 hours / 2000+ hours on B737

/maan

Bengt Engel
25th Oct 2006, 15:15
mmmmmm.....nice money....mmmmm.....:E

its nice to be a prostitute....:}

pltskiracer
1st Nov 2006, 12:30
So the guys that get interviews what type of experience are they having??

Blackcoffeenosugar
1st Nov 2006, 14:59
I am Norwegian and didn't get called. I've got approx. 2000hours, 1700+ medium and heavy T/P airline. :{

pltskiracer
1st Nov 2006, 15:50
Well sorry to hear that.

Olek6
1st Nov 2006, 17:21
Just out of interest, I was called for interviews and they said there was gonna be 4 dates, 23/24 oct and two others on a later occasion, anyone heard about the next "round"? I have 600 hrs on 737 (classic and NG mix) and about the same on 757s, total about 1300.

maan
1st Nov 2006, 20:08
I was called for interview and I have 1700 TT of which 750 TP and 700 B737CL/NG

/maan

viking737
2nd Nov 2006, 18:30
Well sorry to hear that. They must have some fairly high time pilots applying than. I was just wondering since i am in the process of finishing my JAA papers and I currently live and work in the States. I am Norwegian with 5000 TT and currently right seat on the B737-800.
Have you considered Continental or Southwest?

pltskiracer
2nd Nov 2006, 19:32
I have considered both actually.

Gnirren
3rd Nov 2006, 08:46
Curious if it's worth applying with 2000TT / 400 on the 738. 1300 multi-engine. Don't have the 500 multicrew then but I guess they have a hold pool or something.
Any chance of getting some info from a currrent employee about what it's like to work there?

Bamse01
4th Nov 2006, 22:41
I have considered both actually. I have applied to Continental, but I don't have a 4 year college degree so I don't expect to hear from them any time soon. All I have is Examen Artium og Examen Philosophicum from Norway. I also think an internal recommendation is a must.
I can't even apply to Southwest since I dont have 1300 Turbine PIC:ugh: All I have is around 650 Turboprop PIC. I have a 737 type rating and currently flying charter all over the world in the -800.
It seems to be easier getting a good flying job in Europe at the moment than over here:D
Miami Air?

pltskiracer
4th Nov 2006, 23:22
stemmer det.....bor i faktisk....:}

737BBJ
5th Nov 2006, 04:12
Whatever the requirements in terms of hours, multi crew time etc. are for Norwegian, if your logbook tells you are in the vicinity of those hours, send them an application and hope for the best.

It is like this for most companies. In good times when there is a lot of pilots standing in line for the jobs and the chief pilos desks are covered with applications, they will pick those with the right amount of hours, a personality that fits into their corner and and and. But when the market goes a bit dry, airlines might even offer jobs to pilots way below their own requirements. Seen it, been their and done it myself.

So, don`t occupy your brains with 1500 hrs plus and minus. Stand straight, believe in yourself without being cocky and don`t forget to send them your applications.