PDA

View Full Version : Experienced Fo to Easyjet...CU?

interpol1977
19th Aug 2006, 11:07
Hi guys,

Asked this question before but didn't get any reply..hopefully somebody can give me some info...

What happens to an experienced Fo (4000h+ on 737NG) when he joins Easy? In what time span can he expect to get a chance to go into command training? Do you need like, twice a good sim check, so at least one year?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Best regards

Man Flex 37.5
19th Aug 2006, 12:01
Hi Interpol
The requirement usually is 2 sims which need a standard grading or better. This is arranged locally at your base with your base captain who nominates. I believe that easy will be promoting 120 f/o's over the next 12 months so plenty of movement and in general terms are moving in the right direction.
Regards
MF

jorel
20th Aug 2006, 03:07
Been asking the same question for a while so thanks for the answer.

Can you count the initial sim check and then potentially with the second check in 6 months be in with a chance?

Is there a back log on command courses?

Thanks if anyone knows

Man Flex 37.5
20th Aug 2006, 06:50
I guess that if you were already rated on an ezy type then you would do a refresher course which are normally run by ezy TRE/TRI's and you would be doing an LPC/OPC. This could count but this would depend on the base captain.
The backlog on command courses is probably still there, i am not sure on numbers although many guys have gone through this year. The process has changed slightly in that guys will probably wait to do the command assessment and then fairly quickly go on to the command course, that is the current intention anyway.
MF