PDA

View Full Version : MAN Based Jobs

endofeng
19th Aug 2006, 08:20
Hi Guys,

Can anyone help me? I'm currently working out of BHX for a well known operator on their DHC8-Q400 fleet, amassing over 1000hrs TP and 1300+TT.

My dilemma is I live in Manchester, home, wife, family, the whole lot and I'm desperate to get a job from MAN, LPL or LBA!!! (The commuting is killing me financially and mentally.....M6:mad: ). The Ironic thing is I would be happy to pay a bond, and stay with a company such as FCA for the rest of my career, just looking for that illusive base!

I've applied to the usual suspects ie FCA (In their interview hold pool:confused: ), Monarch, Jet2, MTA, Baby etc....and seem to be getting know where!

Can anyone give me some constructive advice or contacts of folks I should be talking to within these or other airlines based out of the above?

I really would appreciate anyone’s constructive advice, so thanks in advance!

------------------
endofeng:ok:

windshear-a-head
19th Aug 2006, 12:14
Check your pm's

WSAH

757operator
19th Aug 2006, 18:08
Maybe try Jet2 again? There's a huge expansion, my mate tells me.

endofeng
21st Aug 2006, 10:51
Thanks guys,

Anyone know contact details for Jet2???

Cheers

---------------

stansdead
21st Aug 2006, 12:41
www.thomascookjobs.com

Big base in MAN which always seems to take on new joiners each time there is recruitment.

Danny
21st Aug 2006, 13:38
The Ironic thing is I would be happy to pay a bond, and stay with a company such as FCA for the rest of my career, just looking for that illusive base!
Famous last words and no doubt sincere... for now. Whilst I don't disagree about the commuting and can appreciate how fatiguing it is, you must remember that most turboprop pilots who are just starting out as you are, will be just as keen to get that first jet job, preferably near to where they live.

Just remember when you get to an interview that the words "staying with a company for the rest of my career" are quite nice but in reality are only valid during the honeymoon period. Whilst made sincerely and truthfully at the time, circumstances change, ambition sometimes aims a little higher and once the novelty has worn off you may find the type of flying and route structure is just as fatiguing as your daily commute down the M6. Well, maybe not quite as horrific as the M6.

You will eventually get your jet job with the associated increase in earnings, hopefully somewhere near to where you live. However, you may have to consider moving somewhere else if that's the only choice you have depending on what's on offer. If you're the main bread winner in the family then you must make difficult choices.

In the meantime, enjoy building up your experience and remember that many of us thought our first jet job would be one for life. In reality, things change and so do our ambitions.

endofeng
21st Aug 2006, 16:01
Danny,

Thanks, many valid points, all of which I have heard before, and take very seriously!

I know how difficult it is (been trying to get back up to MAN for a few months now), and yes I'm sure once settled with a jet job things may not be as rosy as first thought, but one thing I have picked up on over the last few years having friends in different airlines is that most airlines are the same....

My motives are very much lifestyle orientated, yes it would be nice to earn the big money, and hopefully one day I will :), but for the time being I must try to get work closer to home (Avoiding that dreaded M6), and that isn't to say I don't have ambition, quite the opposite, but for now I would like to be home, as would the wife…She earns more than me anyway, so moving at the moment is not an option!

So again thanks for the advice, and hopefully in the not too distant future I'll be able to work from MAN or LBA!

-----------------

ps thanks to the guys whom pm me, much appreciated, keep em coming!

Pps Already done the Thomas Cook app, waiting to hear!

757operator
22nd Aug 2006, 15:34
http://www.jet2.info/recruitment.html

Good luck!

endofeng
20th Sep 2006, 09:32
Hi Guys,

Just to re-ignite this post, does anyone know of airlines recruiting now or in the near future for MAN.

I have applied to XL, Baby, FCA, Mon, TC, MTY and Jet2 through the application links provided, some have replied, but most not!

Any news or fresh ideas?

Cheers

---------------

Torycanyon
20th Sep 2006, 11:12
Try GB, at least 4 have gone to them from your well known LOCO Q400 operator. I'm sure there are more to follow.:D

endofeng
20th Sep 2006, 11:34
Yep,

Tried them, nothing back, a few mates have gone recently, same experience as me....Q400 1000+TP time etc....

Will wait and see.

----------------

Fly747
20th Sep 2006, 11:52
Have you tried Dragonair? MAN base on the freighter. Classic now and -400 coming soon. Long haul trips 7 to 12 days max but good time off. Currently recruiting for MAN, no bond!

Longchop
20th Sep 2006, 14:33
Check your PM's endofeng!!;)