PDA

View Full Version : Here it is Dawgs

your_dreamguy
18th Aug 2006, 17:24
Ok,

Had my CX S/O interview. I started by handing out autographed photos of George W. and I told everyone that the US is the best country since the dawn of man. Next, I told everyone the US was going to invade Iran and nuke N. Korea, kick butt and take names...then I woke up from my bad dream :D
All kidding aside, the interview went pretty much as standard. 30 min. written, about 1 hr interview broken into 30 min of personal questions and about 30 min tech ques. Btw, in the NYC office, they have a real size cutout of a hot, hot, hot Chinese flight attendant! Try not to drool or stare like I did. Ok, written, they asked had something about "veer", a question about anti-cyclones, a question about Mach tuck, Mach number in relation to temperature, something about Rumbh lines, ground looping in a tailwheel plane and ailerons. 30 questions, 17 of them were easy. 13 had 2 answers which could have been been right or that you had to read extremely carefully. NOTE: This is the same test given to S/O and F/O applicants. Interview, conducted by two pilots. One canadian and one aussie. The Canadian did my personal questions and seemed to know my life better than me! He could easily get a job with George W, the CIA or FBI. Personal ques: What did you think of our written test, how do you think you did, do you think the test was fair, Why did I go to uni, what was my grade point average in uni, why did I get my grade point average in uni, why did I choose my major, how did I pay for uni, why did I flight instruct, why did I not intially flight instruct full-time, what is the pop. of HK, what is the climate of HK, have I been to HK, name 3 good points about myself, name good things about my airline, name bad things about my airline...Technical: What types of engines does my airplanes have, what is the thrust rating, are my engines flat rated, descending at 1500 fpm, how long will it take to descend 33000 ft, why are wings swept, effects of a wet runway, is V1 faster than Vmcg. That's all I remember for now. NOTE: There were no questions about typhoons, monsoons or heavy A/C (like the B747). Both guys were really nice and I had a good time. I learned something as well. Good luck to fellow applicants.

kwokwinguk
18th Aug 2006, 21:29
Reading from your ariticle, did you applied for cadet or other positions?
regarding to your writing test, what is the test? Is it something to do with writing a report for every flight journey conducted? just curious!

wish you luck!

bigbeerbelly
19th Aug 2006, 00:47
kwokwinguk,

The US pilots refer to technical multiple choice tests as a written exam. During FAA training you have three exams to get each licence: oral, written, and practical.

BBB

HYA
19th Aug 2006, 03:09
DreamGuy,
Sounds like the interview was start forward. Good stuff.
Just curious, what type of experience do you have? how long have you been applying with Cathay?
Thanks