PDA

View Full Version : Privatair prospective recruitment

CouldntCareLess
18th Aug 2006, 14:53
Hi guys--

does anybody out there who´s involved dare to say when PRIVATAIR is going to recruit again for Europe? Any details known as for which fleet, number of pilots required, etc. ?? I applied some time ago with adequate qualifications and experience- and didn´t even receive ANY sort of reply yet... :{

With that carrier being more or less first choice for my virtual plans on the long terms, I´d like to thank all those able to contribute with useful information in here in advance.

Cheers,

CCL

Bokkenrijder
19th Aug 2006, 08:19
Be careful what you wish for.

I looked into PTI and it´s not as posh as it looks. Always the same routes, minimum rest in the USA and then back again, jet lag, money isn´t that great, no seniority system, long wait for a command etc.

Stay clear until they significantly improve things.

picobello
19th Aug 2006, 09:14
depends on which fleet... Are you airbus or boeing type rated?

CouldntCareLess
19th Aug 2006, 10:33
I´m rated on the Boeing, with a self-explanatory preference for a BBJ job.

Bokkenrijder-- I share your points of view, with another conclusion for myself though. When looking at blunt facts, it somehow depends on where you´ve been flying before upon deciding if you might give it a try or not..

Á propos:
Where do YOU fly to call Privatair T+Cs "[not] that great" ?? :confused:

Cheers,

CCL

ACPP
19th Aug 2006, 10:46
A very good day to you all,

I cannot say I speak out of own experience with Privatair, but the pilots (both F/O's and Captains) I spoke to who fly there all had one and the same opinion: GREAT COMPANY!!

Depends on what you are looking for and which ambition you have off course.

Best regards

Bokkenrijder
19th Aug 2006, 11:37
CCL, I work for EZY. I know...not the best job in the industry either, but the reason why I hesitate going to PTI is because I doubt that it´s really much better in the long run.

Sure a BBJ with 45 club seats is nice and I heard that they hire only the best cabin crew (now there´s a thought! ;) ), but what I want is a long term solution, not a quick fix.

PTI is soley dependent on contracts with (premium) airlines which sounds nice, but those airlines generally tend to have well organized unions so basically you´re doing their work for a whole lot less money and pension. Besides, it´s only a matter of time before VC, VNV or Aerpers will seriously start to object to PTI flying for Lufthansa, KLM or Swiss. I´m frankly quite suprised that they haven´t already. I think the Lufthansa ops are flown with a combined crew of one LH pilot and one PTI pilot, please anyone correct me if I´m wrong.

Perhaps the future will prove me wrong (although I definitely think there´s a market for the kind of routes PTI flies) but I think PTI is nothing if you want some more stability in your life, combined with a long term career.

Ignition Override
21st Aug 2006, 04:22
Bokkenrijder: On another Pprune topic I described my very brief visit onboard the A-319 at Chicago O'Hare (ORD), gate E-7 or E-9.

As stated there, the Captain said that he was formerly with Sabena and the FO was Norwegian, with no time to further discuss backgrounds (during their preflight). It appeared that the Captain was Belgian, although my ear for languages is not too goed.