PDA

View Full Version : excel airways

excel boy
18th Aug 2006, 14:46
excel flight lands in italy with bomb scare

Nat O'Thee
20th Aug 2006, 08:06
.....and leave UK troops struggling to get home again.

Best thing somebody could do for UK troops is ground the airline and get a more reliable operator in.

What a joke of a set up.

thrustucantrust
24th Aug 2006, 17:12
Nat,
I have done 60 flights for xl since may. Ive been late on three, only one of those over an hour. So get your data right before you gob off. Ask the mod why they dont care if you or your squaddie partner are delayed, and pay accordingly. The same MOD that underequip and over stretch the armed forces, then pay for economy and want club.Ask joe public why they feel the need to write stupid notes on aircraft. When youve reconciled all the above open your mouth.

Nat O'Thee
24th Aug 2006, 17:34
Thrust you can trust

I will have you know that my data has been checked and I will put my point in a public forum as much as i want, refer to it as Gob off if you want but you may wish to relook at the idea of a forum in you big boys dictionary before you get a wendy on about my post.

Well done you for being on time so much, perhaps they need more like you on the run to EID and BAH thats all I say.

Take a little wander across to the mil page and you will see that the airline as a whole are late more than they are on time on this route, and normally for silly reasons. Tyre bursts (2 occasions), out of crew duty, battery failure cant get a replacement etc etc.

Yes MOD may pay peanuts but as all service providers if you can fulfil the contract for the sum paid then you shouldnt take it.

Over 60% of XL flights run late on this contract- fact.

Enough said.

thrustucantrust
24th Aug 2006, 21:16
Nat,
Thanks for responding. I dont doubt your figures or your reasoning on expecting performance for price. There are even problems in the regular market, all due to expansion and forced inheritance of **** kit. I do Object however to a member of the military writing off XL's operation which you know very little about. However I will make allowances for the obvious severe case of "baggy green skin and black shiney feet." Or is it brown skin and desert boots these days.:ok:
Unfortunately even though I sympathise for you guys fighting an illegal war and getting dicked about, its to your own organisation that you need to look for blame. They renew the contract. The woes you lament are from my experince across 12 years a squaddie and 18 a pilot common regardless of the contactor, war or theatre.I have been a soldier in or flown in many operational theatres, so I see it from both sides , but obviously with a bias to my colleagues Commercially, companies will give you the minimum if they can get away with it. Be it XL , or transafrik,or any of the myriad companies contracting for agencies or governments. At least some of your colleagues are getting some extra cirricula activities. Lowest bid wins.
A late 767 is better than no vc10.

Be safe, its not personnal and say hello to saddamslovechild
PS "wendy on " ? I get the gist but I'm a bit out of date. A saying derived from what?

The Lead Sparrow
25th Aug 2006, 11:11
Are you sure you don't teach CRM?

DarkStar
26th Aug 2006, 09:03
Are you sure you don't teach CRM?

Written just like the Manager of XL CRM team and checking in terms like '**** kit' as a smoke screen. :mad:

XL are a total joke and put bucket and spade holiday flights before those to bring back our boys and girls from 'The Pit' and so the delays are even longer :=

Yes - 60% of XL MOD Flts are delayed - its true so don't try and deny it. Sadly, as usual the MOD are blame but XL have done little to endear themselves to anyone in the Sand Pit. :hmm:

Still aren't XL related to Air Atlanta? :E