PDA

View Full Version : Lufthansa versus Lufthansa Regional

SE210
18th Aug 2006, 12:35
Dear Friends

Some time ago, it caught my attention, that Lufthansa Cityline and Lufthansa Regional had been merged into Lufthansa.

The pilots on the commuter aircraft, now have the the same bidding rights as the "normal" Lufthansa pilots. Apparently this does not go for the Lufthansa Cargo Pilots.

Could anybody please tell me, how much a CRJ/DHC8/etc pilot makes compared to the a Lufthansa pilot flying A320/300/737 etc.

Brgds

SE210

Kace
18th Aug 2006, 17:47
Not quite. Lufthansa Cityline, Eurowings, Augsburg, etc, have merged into Lufthansa Regional. LH Cityline is the only one, however, who carries the official Lufthansa logo on its tails. The other one have the blue/yellow dotted Regional logo.

The pilots of these Lufthansa Regional airlines donīt have the same bidding rights as the mainline pilots. Lufthansa Cargo pilots do have them. As well as the Condor and Germanwings pilots. At the moment, the only way into Lufthansa mainline for regional pilots is to apply with Lufthansa Cargo. But even this method is very limited now.

As to a comparison of the wages of the regional pilots to the mainline ones, I donīt really know the details. But it is a bit less for sure.

bigbeerbelly
18th Aug 2006, 19:28
I read sometime ago that the LH Cityline CRJ captains were the highest paid in the world. ca. E90,000 for year 5 captain. True?

Kace
18th Aug 2006, 19:34
I donīt know the exact official figures, but check the info at www.ppjn.com

bigbeerbelly
18th Aug 2006, 19:39
From what I could see on ppjn, it looks like I was way off. They are paid far better than E90,000.

BBB