PDA

View Full Version : Female Flyers

Flapping_Madly
17th Aug 2006, 20:41
Just curious - where can I find out (assuming I can find out ) how many female pilots and co-pilots there are in the UK and who they work for.

My last flight was a completely female crew -flight deck and cabin.

Avman
17th Aug 2006, 20:45
Had an all female crew on several BA A319 flights a few years back when they were based in Brum. Great flyers but the parking was attrocious :}

GreatCircle
17th Aug 2006, 21:05
Had an all female crew on several BA A319 flights a few years back when they were based in Brum. Great flyers but the parking was attrocious :}

Is that after they caught their seat harnesses in their handbag strap ?

Send a note to BALPA - they could maybe give you an idea of % members who are female.

gorgeous spotter
17th Aug 2006, 21:24
Avman, why do men always assume that women are rubbish at parking? Believe me with clean mirrors and sensors all over the back of the car you really can't go wrong...........!!

Gorgeous

Avman
17th Aug 2006, 22:30
Talking of sensors Gorgeous, I have them on my car and it's great (good safety feature too - should kids or folks walk by behind). Only trouble is when I then drive one without and forget! 700 quids worth of damage! :ugh:

Globaliser
18th Aug 2006, 16:57
Avman, why do men always assume that women are rubbish at parking?I thought that women always were rubbish at parking, but only because men are always trying to get women to believe that |.........| is six inches?

C'mon, the old ones are always ... well, old.

Middle Seat
18th Aug 2006, 20:11
Piffle, you have nine dots in there, that's nine inches!

gorgeous spotter
18th Aug 2006, 20:19
:p Avman, Globaliser, Middle Seat,; you all gave me a good laugh! Thanks!

Love

Gorgeous

SXB
19th Aug 2006, 09:42
Great flyers but the parking was attrocious

My wife is much better at parallel parking than me and is probably an all round better driver (our insurance company would support that statement also as I've had the odd little accident that's been my fault)

The only aspect of her driving/car management skills that I would criticise (which I can do quite safely here as she won't be reading it) is she seems to honestly believe that cars never require filling with petrol, when hers is down to just fumes she takes my car, when I get it back it's also running on fumes. I normally then fill (and pay for) both cars. She also never services her car, I used to do it for her but the car she has now actually displays a light when it's due for a service but she ignores it.

I'm sure she's on another forum somewhere writing about my faults:)

essouira
19th Aug 2006, 21:28
Back to the original question - it's worth contacting the British Women Pilots' Association. The website is www.bwpa.co.uk