PDA

View Full Version : Job worry with recent events?

allister1981
17th Aug 2006, 15:23
Hi Guys.

I just wondered if any of you have worries with your job at the moment and you're thinking you don't want to fly. I just wondered if your airlines are asking you if you're ok with doing USA flights?

I think alot of crew will be worried but to scared to say anything because they'll look stupid. Just wondered your thoughts?

flyblue
17th Aug 2006, 22:09
allister,
In my company one of the company Doctors is specialized on treating people who had bad experiences while on duty, and people scared to fly for whatever reason. We are encouraged to see her in case we don't feel comfortable with flying. It happened to many after 9/11, or after the Concorde accident.

I personally don't have problems with flying to the US, apart of the fact that I find the so called "security measures" totally idiotic and a huge price to pay for window dressing and avoiding funding effective but expensive measures such as explosives detectors and pax profiling.

ozskipper
18th Aug 2006, 17:32
It depends on your point of view. These kind of events make me even more determined to fly. I'm not having a pack of over zealous religious nuts frightening me out of my chosen career!

flybywire
19th Aug 2006, 09:34
allister,
In my company one of the company Doctors is specialized on treating people who had bad experiences while on duty, and people scared to fly for whatever reason. We are encouraged to see her in case we don't feel comfortable with flying. It happened to many after 9/11, or after the Concorde accident.

I wish we had something like that in my airline!! :( however we do have a free counselling service which works 24/7 and I would invite all my fellow crew members who are feeling a bit insecure in their job these days to call them! Even if they don't specialize in this field they are very good and can listen to you for hours :ok:

I personally don't have problems with flying to the US, apart of the fact that I find the so called "security measures" totally idiotic and a huge price to pay for window dressing and avoiding funding effective but expensive measures such as explosives detectors and pax profiling.

Exactly my thoughts....:E

apaddyinuk
19th Aug 2006, 19:17
To be honest, these scares happen to often that I just chose to ignore them as best I can or at least put it to the back of my head. At the end of the day, we have far more scares then actual incidents so I try not to let it worry me, otherwise I would just find myself locked up in my house afraid enter the outside world!