PDA

View Full Version : Evidence of ATPL exam passes for CPL

pipergirl
17th Aug 2006, 09:58
Just something I was wondering....

When you go to do your CPL, or indeed IR, after completing all of you ATPL exams, do you have to provide evidence to the flight school or examiner that you have passed all the exams?
Like do you have to get a letter from your Groundschool or CAA stating you have done the exams successfully?

hpcock
17th Aug 2006, 10:09
No, you do not have to submit your results. When you eventually pass your CPL/IR you will have to submit all your papers to your local authority CAA...etc, and they will scrutinise your log book for all neccessary hrs in order to grant you your CPL/IR.

If you have not passed all the relavent exams, the CAA will know, as you have a licence number & they can check it against that.

BTW, knew of someone who tried this, got his licence revoked and suspended by the CAA. Had to go and get a crappy FAA licence in the end. You have been warned!!

Good Luck
HPC

LFS
17th Aug 2006, 10:13
You shouldn't need to present the results to your examiner, the caa will check your results on their system when you apply for your licence. The school may well ask to see the results form as well as looking at your licence as they have an obligation to make sure you meet the requirements to start the course.

pipergirl
17th Aug 2006, 10:22
Thanks for the feedback..

Just trying to get a good idea in my head of any additional paperwork etc...that I may need when I start my CPL course
Want to start getting a few bits organised well in advance so to save a panic just before I head off!

:)

LFS
17th Aug 2006, 10:41
Simple rule with flying training you never seem to be able to have enough paperwork.