View Full Version : Ilyushin 76 Data

indecent
17th Aug 2006, 06:11
Greetings all

I need the some help please. I am doing a project (as a hobby) on the Ilyushin 76 specifically the freighter variant. I am trying to find specific performance data for this aircraft, but what I can find on the internet is very general.

Does anyone know where I can get my grubby hands on some flight/pilot manuals for the IL76? I would appreciate any help.

Regards and safe flying

bacardi walla
17th Aug 2006, 07:27
The IL76 was only made in freighter config. Anyhow, you have a PM

:D

CargoOne
18th Aug 2006, 09:41
bacardi walla,

Well, there were a couple of IL76 quick-convertable into tanker (apart from dedicated tanker IL78). Also Iraqi Airways used to have a passenger IL76 with normal economy-class seats installed :eek:

bacardi walla
18th Aug 2006, 12:47
bacardi walla,
Well, there were a couple of IL76 quick-convertable into tanker (apart from dedicated tanker IL78). Also Iraqi Airways used to have a passenger IL76 with normal economy-class seats installed :eek:

They weren't built in that config. They were converted later. Having flown on many IL76's, I can safely say that having passenger seats in them would make no difference to the comfort. Who in their right mind would want to sit in a cargo hold anyway :uhoh:

Glass Half Empty
18th Aug 2006, 12:55
A lot of military guys being moved around on C-130s but I think they are forced to!

indecent
19th Aug 2006, 05:10
Thanks for the PM Bacardi Walla

By freighter version I meant the civil version, although I guess except for the stretch they are all pretty much the same.

Thanks again

Indecent