View Full Version : Signing the logbook

DUXNUTZ
16th Aug 2006, 19:00
So have come to the stage of a flight test after working logging time for a while. Interested to see who has been getting someone to sign off their logbook saying flight times are legit etc and who hasn't. Most of my time is single pilot and really don't know if it should be the chief pilot, if i should be doing it or if it is really necessary at all.

Interested in how you other blokes do it! :ok: :ok:

Mr.Buzzy
16th Aug 2006, 22:41
Hey,
I wouldn't stress too much about having your book signed etc. Some CPs will like to look over your book every now and then, while others work on the idea that NOBODY makes false logbook entries and should you choose to, then you WILL eventually be found out and branded a cheat and low c*&t for all of eternity by your peers.

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzbbbbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzbzzzzzz zzzzzz

PLovett
16th Aug 2006, 23:52
If you think about it you are the only person who can certify the correctness of the entries in your logbook.

Sqwark2000
17th Aug 2006, 02:36
At a previous GA job (flying single pilot, as you do), our logbooks were routinely audited to check correct logging of flight times and then signed off by CP. I vaguely remember it being part of CP responsibilities under Part 135 certification.

No hassle though if you are logging what you should be.

S2K

John Eacott
17th Aug 2006, 02:46
A habit that I got from Mil time is to create a monthly and an annual summary in the logbook, with a signature on each to verify accuracy. As a C.P. I stamp and sign off pilot's hours when requested, but a well presented log book with regular signed summaries goes a long way when shown to a prospective employer :ok:

Spelunker
17th Aug 2006, 05:53
When I passed my PPL, the instructor told me that it was now ok for me to sign the "entries certified correct" part of each page of the logbook, whereas before the instructor did it and actually checked that the correct hours were entered.

I don't know whether what he told me is correct or not. hmmm:confused: