PDA

View Full Version : Eastern airways

Bubblybabe1
16th Aug 2006, 13:55
Hi everyone! I have been invited to an assessment day for eastern airways & wondered if anyone out there knew much about them? It doesnt say an awful lot on the website. Are they permanent or seasonal? Is it easy to be based at newcastle or durham? Are they a good company to work for? Is the salary reasonable? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!!! :)

Skygal
16th Aug 2006, 23:13
Hi there,
are you talking about QFlink- Eastern Australian Airlines?

Sky :)

Bubblybabe1
17th Aug 2006, 16:15
No I am talking about the small airline based in the uk. Sorry!!!

iamorgan
18th Aug 2006, 14:57
No I am talking about the small airline based in the uk. Sorry!!!
Eastern in the UK are quite a good little oufit. I think they will be fun to work for, but...I don't think that there are great prospects with them (no longhaul.) They fly basically based around IOM. Having previously worked for Manx and now for BA Connect, I think that IOM is a nice airport to work in with less stress and is much more personal than other bigger bases. Having said that, if I were you and you are new to CC, you will be better off (looked after) with Eastern than with Ryanair or EasyJet. I'd apply to Eastern and then maybe apply to BA maybe 3-4 years down the line. Another airline to look at it EuroManx, but they have shrunk lately and don't know if they will survive. Eastern on the other hand, seem to be doing well. Hope this helps.

Just to clarify though, they do have bases other than IOM, but they seem to have a lot of flights to IOM. Good luck!

fredtheanorak
18th Aug 2006, 21:10
I applied there a couple of yrs back and got 2 interview but wasn't type rated and they needed FOs for J41 quick. Seems good company with strong presence all down east cost although currently scrapping with FlyMaybe. Definitely worth pursuing.

Bubblybabe1
13th Sep 2006, 11:08
Well I have got an interview with eastern on tues so fingers crossed! Does anyone know what the pay is like? Wages are decent atthe moment. Hope they can match! Must say the unform looks smart! Thanks for the comments appreciate it! This is a fab forum! :)

Head_in_clouds
3rd Nov 2006, 15:09
Hi

There isn't alot of info on here about Eastern Airways and I just want to know some info, pay, what rosters are like, people, company, usual stuff. If anyone has any info you can pm me. Cheers. Oh and I would like EMA base. :)

BYALPHAINDIA
27th Nov 2006, 02:21
I think you would get a BHX base, As it is a bigger base, I think those who are based at BHX also do NEMA also I tink?

You would probably have to go to HUY regularly for your Training at H.O

Best wishes.

Regards.:D

Kisser
12th Dec 2006, 12:41
Eastern dont have a crew or aircraft based at BHX. They do at EMA though.

Kisser
12th Dec 2006, 12:43
Eastern Airways has both Flight Crew and Cabin Crew based at the following UK airports - Aberdeen, Chester/Hawarden, Durham Tees Valley, Humberside, Inverness, Isle of Man, Leeds/Bradford, Newcastle, Norwich, Nottingham East Midlands, Southampton and Wick.

They do not have crew based at Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Manchester or London City airports.

highflyer101
20th Jan 2008, 01:58
They fly basically based around IOM.

were did that come from??????

fredtheanorak
20th Jan 2008, 17:32
beware Captain Morgan... When he's told to report to base he'll fly you to Ronaldsway when you definitely want :mad:Humberside. Easterns now down to one aircraft and two routes (BHX & NCL) from the rock.:{

mlee
21st Jan 2008, 12:44
Hi, could anyone please tell me who the chief pilot is at Eastern Airways, or the best person to get a CV to?

Regards

Mark

Wellington Bomber
21st Jan 2008, 19:01
m lee

Steve Jenkins is chief pilot
Gillian Cant head of cabin crew

jetstreamtechrecords
23rd Jan 2008, 08:46
Freds right. BHX and NCL are the short term futureon the rock. Shame:uhoh:

jetstreamtechrecords
16th Feb 2008, 15:31
latest update is that BHX 3x daily and NCL daily with same aircraft now BRS has gone. Frees up NCL aircraft for another ABZ rotation if rqd.

j41cac
13th Apr 2008, 03:49
Easterns IOM base reduced to 5 days a week Mon-Fri but for how long now Flybe might drop their 2nd rotation?