PDA

View Full Version : stand-by heathrow

aereomark
16th Aug 2006, 13:01
hey guys!!!! i'm new in this forum, i'm a student pilot in oxford.
I'd like to know how is the situation at heathrow for someone that fly with std-by ticket; i've got a Oneworld ticket issued by CX and i want fly with BA to Rome...u know which is the restriction for the baggage now? i can't send my baggage at the check-in cuz i'm std-by (i mean: i can but i'm afraid taht they'll lose them...!!!), but also i can't pass the security with them...so how does it work? ...can u pls give me some suggestions...thk!!!:)

MARCO

Little M
16th Aug 2006, 13:31
Staff travel is still suspended at the moment, except for commuting crew and staff returning to base, so it depends when you want to travel whether your ticket will be accepted or not.

As for the bags, you have to follow the same rules as everyone else which means you would have to check your bags in and then go through security.

Little M
16th Aug 2006, 13:33
I misunderstood your post, your not talking about staff travel! Sorry.

The bit about the bags being checked in still applies tho!

aereomark
16th Aug 2006, 15:15
...unlucky i'm not staff of any airlines yet :\ but i'm traveling with the discount ticket (the zed one...) anyway! and i'm used to send my bags at the gate, just at the last moment...but i'm not sure if i can still do it now...

thk anyway "little m"

D.B.er
16th Aug 2006, 15:19
I am dragonair staff and my wife and kids are hoping to return to our domicile in hong kong on ID tickets on thursday, saturday or sunday. Does anyone know if BA will let them travel GLA - LHR - HKG?
Their LHR HKG tickets are also valid on CX VS and QA.
Thanks in advance
D.B.er

Little M
16th Aug 2006, 17:00
aereomark....

You will not be able to take your bags to the gate with you, you will need to check them in at the stand-by desk.

Globaliser
16th Aug 2006, 17:43
i can't send my baggage at the check-in cuz i'm std-by (i mean: i can but i'm afraid taht they'll lose them...!!!), but also i can't pass the security with themThat really answers your own question, doesn't it? You cannot take them through security, but you can check them in at check-in. The fact that you'd prefer not to is neither here nor there.