PDA

View Full Version : Cost index flight planning

OBK!
15th Aug 2006, 13:51
A quick one,

Can anyone suggest the best flight planning system for variable cost index flight planning? Trying Jepps, but not quite up to it.

Expat abroad
16th Aug 2006, 16:31
Could try Skytrack from EDS in Switzerland. We use it, and one of the user input parameters that is changeable is the CI. We just ran a month long test where depending on aircraft, a different CI plan was also produced. Very simple.

Regards Expat.

ralle72
17th Aug 2006, 02:28
or try lido.
after a few "minor" bugs (nat crossing planned in m.74-with a b763!!!:confused:) it´s working fine.
speed selection can be done via fixed mach no. or several cost indices.
greets from a busy night shift, lol.

G-MANN
18th Aug 2006, 10:06
I agree OBK, Jepps isn't really up to it. 4DCP and CI combined have increased the time needed to generate a plan which is hardly efficient.

G-MANN

FL460
11th Sep 2006, 15:22
SITA also have this functionality :ok:

Miles Magister
11th Sep 2006, 18:46
I use PPS from Air Support of Denmark. I find it very effective as it works out different routes and heights for each trip depending on load and conditions for the day. Recon it has saved us quite alot of money though unquantifyable. Also I have more confidence in the routing than Jepp. Also customer support is top notch. Don't work for them but happy to use their planning.

MM

Harrier46
12th Sep 2006, 06:49
I have just visited Nav Flight Services in PRG (mentioned above) and find their system very good and reasonably priced. SITA and Jeppesen I find very "user unfriendly" and expensive. Also visited Navtech, similar results but simpler graphics and can be hosted on your own servers. Today I visit Air Data so any questions on these systems just PM me and I will try to answer. Generally the smaller companies will tailor their systems to meet your requirements and savings can be as much as 50%.

OBK!
14th Sep 2006, 12:13
Thanks to everyone for your comments.

Harrier46, have you seen any flight planning systems so far that will either plan at the optimum cost index, or fly a longer route which has cheaper nav charges at a higher cost index (to reduce flying time to stay within a given block) to achieve a saving?

I know there is a "Required time of arrival cost index" feature in Jepps, but running that with optimum scenario analysis is beyond the boundaries of jetplan.

pacificwind
21st Sep 2006, 01:24
On the topic of Cost Index Flight Planning...

Has anyone ever heard or is familiar with a company called FWZ based in Austria? What is their system like in comparison with other 'CI' Flt Planning systems?

Chooch
3rd Oct 2006, 06:02
Navtech is in the process of rolling out a major new CI development that, without putting too much to pen (or pixels) at this stage, will enable you to drill down as far as you want to go with respect to Direct and Indirect Operating Costs.
:}

ILPAAW
20th Oct 2006, 22:11
Excellent system, very innovative and the guys are willing to listen to any requirements as we have viewed their system a few times, along with plenty of other large german carriers.
http://www.flugwerkzeuge.com/