PDA

View Full Version : JetStar International A380s

captaindejavu
15th Aug 2006, 03:44
This is pure and unadulterated hearsay of course, but the following was offered to me and my wife in Manchester recently from VERY reliable information through a long-term friend and sub-contractor colleague who has worked with Airbus for 9 years.....

He was recently having a cleansing white wine with an Australian ground-engineer-type gentleman from JetStar who has been working and liaising in France with Airbus for about 10 months....

The Aussie engineer stated that the recent news release about Qantas perhaps increasing their order of A380s is correct... sort of. Some A380s are CERTIFIED, GUARANTEED, SET IN STONE.... GOING TO JETSTAR INTERNATIONAL !!!!!!!!!! :*

Someone in Qantas is allegedly telling porky pies. I wonder how the FAAA and AIPA will react to this. I'd love to be a fly on the wall at the next Qantas AGM to see the b:mad:t that gushes from the Chairman and MB1 (Alan Joyce is MB2, apparently) when the question is asked from a shareholder, and it WILL.

Sunfish
15th Aug 2006, 03:48
I think the idea is that Jetstar will eventually morph into Qantas. Then GD will set up another airline with a catchy name offering lower prices than jetstar and even lower wages. This could go on forever....

Eagleman
15th Aug 2006, 03:56
I reckon you are very close to correct sunfish.

Mike Kontoulous
15th Aug 2006, 07:12
I can assure you that there is no current plan to introduce A380's into the JQ fleet.

ShockWave
15th Aug 2006, 07:58
I am not a Qantas Pilot, but I don't think QF international pilots have ever been involved in strike action and as we all know from history, there is no point with so many jumping up and down waiting for their jobs.:ugh:

dodgybrothers
15th Aug 2006, 08:08
can't be that many waiting, qualified at least, ask all the world's airlines and even jetstar on how their recruiting is going. The pool of experience has been drained and everyone is struggling to get qualified people. Hence jq trying to get internationally experienced pilots through the back door only to find that qf filtering process is stopping them. Rather ironic don't you think?

B A Lert
15th Aug 2006, 08:40
....but I don't think QF international pilots have ever been involved in strike action .....

They have. A prolonged strike by Qantas pilots in 1966 almost sent Qantas to the wall.

Buster Hyman
15th Aug 2006, 09:46
Finally! Jetstar have an aircraft that Magda can fit on!

max autobrakes
15th Aug 2006, 10:29
Have a look at the video of Dame Margaret and Dixon at the launch ceremony in France for the A380. On the feature wall behind them was all the logo's of airlines that had ordered the A380.
Prominent was JETSTARS logo. Go wonder.:mad:

Z Force
15th Aug 2006, 23:18
Back to the topic. Jetstar to get three A380's.

The_Cutest_of_Borg
16th Aug 2006, 02:45
Z Force, I make that three times you have posted that J* will be getting three A380's. It's not really the sort of number you would expect for a viable fleet. Where is this coming from?

Woomera
17th Aug 2006, 01:58
This thread is supposed to be about a rumour of Jetstar getting A380's. 35 needless posts about terms and conditions that have been done to death in many threads. Once again it has degenerated into handbags at 10 paces.

I was going to delete the whole thread, but of course the conspiracy theorists would label me a Jetstar sympathiser (which I am not):} :} On the contrary, my career has been negatively affected by the establishment of Jetstar.

Nonetheless, I've decided to delete the irrelevant posts and give this thread one more chance.:ugh:

There are a proportionately high number of threads running on Jetstar at the moment. Most seem to involve fairly high running emotions linked to T&C's. I for one am growing tired of the repetitive nature of most of the thread content.

You guys would be far better off directing your anger in a positive way. It may even help you get through your next medical:E

Woomera (Eastern States)

max autobrakes
22nd Aug 2006, 03:36
I can assure you that there is no current plan to introduce A380's into the JQ fleet.

Typical Dixon speak, No "current plan" however tomorrow's plan is......