PDA

View Full Version : Low Hour fATPL: What are the chances in biz aviation?

Fancy Navigator
14th Aug 2006, 22:16
Hi everybody,

Sorry if this has been done before.....

I would like to find out what the chances are for a low hour fATPL to find a job in biz aviation as a F/O?
Most of the jobs I have seen advertised seem to require a TR + quite a lot of hours....

Any replies appreciated. Thanks ;)

FNav:ok:

Flintstone
14th Aug 2006, 22:26
This kind of flying requires higher experience levels for a reason. Just because the aircraft is smaller doesn't mean the operation is easier.

Bizjet flying often requires the crew to be self sufficient and rarely has the infrastructure of an airline. Most small operators have little if any training facilities.

Good luck with the job hunt but you need to be aware of the nature of this part of the industry.

flyingmasai
15th Aug 2006, 14:34
My company over the past couple of years hired few F/O w/h no working experience but they had to pay for their type rating.
They had one thing in commun: they knew someone who knew them.

Looooong haul
16th Aug 2006, 08:27
It is sometimes more difficult to get into Biz aviation as demands of you as a pilot are bigger.The proper operators do require 1000+ if not 1500+ hours.

Mr Wonka
16th Aug 2006, 09:15
For Co-pilot jobs everyone i come across requires high hours. Last job turned down for required 2500 hours minimum, and this was for a light biz jet.

But as mentioned earlier all this is nothing if you have someone on the inside :E , so there might still be hope yet.

Mr W

Ultimate 6th floor
17th Aug 2006, 12:45
As long as you can afford it, a type rating is a major key now on your keychain.
Knowing someone in the company is probably the hardest of all tasks!!:bored:

inner
18th Aug 2006, 07:47
hoi,

If you want to fly with a "bizz jet" in some companies you have to do more than just flying (cleaning the aircraft, doing a bit dipatch stuff) plus most of time time you have to do freelance work. It is a complete different world than a traditional airliner.

good luck

Bumz_Rush
18th Aug 2006, 07:55
Mostly what is said here is perfectly true, however there is one glint that I am aware of and this is a "Beech 350" in the South East, that requires a FAA licenced, EU / UK resident, Co-Pilot. NO type rating required, and would suit a highly motivated person.

But in general, you need to know someone. the rest of the desired qualifications are pure padding.

Never buy a type rating on spec, you will always have more types on your licence, and no experience on type....been there got the type rating.!!!!!

Bumz

Phil Brockwell
18th Aug 2006, 09:01
They do a "jet" version of the 350?:eek:

Phil