View Full Version : RIGA

RIXman
14th Aug 2006, 14:37
Hi, quoting below there are about 10 airlines to launched to/from Riga International Airport (or according to the other sources 16 routes to be opened in next 9 mth. Some of them will be started by actually operating carriers in RIX apt. airBaltic and Ryanair). Does anyone has the slightest idea what might be those companies and destinations.

In last 12 mth scheduled flights from RIX were started by Norwegian, Aer Lingus & Turkish Airlines.

Thanks in advance! M

//The president of Riga International Airport, Dzintars Pomers, has announced that in spring 2007 several new airlines will be flying to Riga. The capacity of the airport allows for twice as many passengers as there are now, he says. There will be between three and 10 new airlines, but the exact number is not yet known. Pomers says he will welcome more low-cost airlines, but he understands the tough competition hazards due to the aggressive price policy of Ryanair, which has until now been delighted with its business in Riga.//

Twitcher
14th Aug 2006, 14:42
Esperia Air :ooh: have Riga as a proposed destination from Manston :ok:

RIXman
14th Aug 2006, 14:47
wow, that's something new! :D

EI896
14th Aug 2006, 15:10
Ryanair should be going/or are starting to Dublin if not already in competition with Aer Lingus they should be going to Stansted I thin they're but not too sure about that one. A possible expansion would be Shannon by Ryanair if Ryanair get their second B737-800 I mightn't be too wrong by saying they could start from there.

honest man
14th Aug 2006, 19:13
Ryanair are starting Riga from PIK nov1st 4 weekly its with a PIK based aircraft

Charlie Roy
14th Aug 2006, 20:46
Ryanair are rumoured to announce Riga to Milan soon for this winter.

EI896
15th Aug 2006, 09:25
If all those rumours turn out to be true it won't be too long I'd say until the make it a hub. And it won't be too long before Ryanair make a hub in Poland either.