PDA

View Full Version : Help needed

Bismark
14th Aug 2006, 02:07
Can anyone pass me a link to the Royal Engineers storming a beach in Iraq video?

Tombstone
14th Aug 2006, 06:23
Found it on Youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7PQ8jsYZhw

Hope the link works!

QFIhawkman
14th Aug 2006, 16:11
If not, go to www.military.com (http://www.military.com) then to the "shock and awe" section. It's amongst that lot. You do have to register but it's very brief, and there are many more funny / shocking military and aviation clips.

Shame about the thrice weekly email letter you'll get from them, but hey who doesn't send you guff these days?

Brian Dixon
14th Aug 2006, 18:18
Bismark,
is it the video where they land and then get stuck in the mud?

If it is, I can send you a copy if you wish - I don't recall you being able to save a copy from You Tube.

Let me know where I can send it.
Regards,
Brian

airborne_artist
14th Aug 2006, 19:19
BD
You can save clips from YT etc., but you need add-ons. Google and you'll see.

Bismark
14th Aug 2006, 19:37
Thanks to you all - you saved the day!

Sloppy Link
14th Aug 2006, 20:31
I have no allegiance to either cap badge but I am fairly certain they were Gunners and not Sappers.

Taffer
14th Aug 2006, 22:22
Not gunners or sappers - it was an infantry unit I believe. Hence the SUSATs on the sa80s rather than iron sights.

Can't remember which one though - might have been the Green Jackets or the Royal Reg. of Fusiliers.

Rumour is that they wanted to practice beach landings like the RM do, but scoffed at the suggestion of performing a recce of the landing site first...........

Good lesson in the seven Ps anyway!

airborne_artist
15th Aug 2006, 08:38
Now they will understand why the RM will always send an SBS beach recce team in advance :}

WhiteOvies
15th Aug 2006, 12:16
IIRC the booties got most upset when this was originally broadcast as it claimed that it was an RM beach assault. They took quite a lot of stick for it and got fed up of 'educating' people.