PDA

View Full Version : Mac OS X help

ORAC
13th Aug 2006, 21:55
I have a mac Mini with OS X Tiger. I have a NAS Buffalo 1Tb Terastation with all my music on it. I cannot work out how to access it from my Mac. help please....:O

Saab Dastard
14th Aug 2006, 12:33
Accessing TeraStation Data from a Mac

If your Mac does not automatically detect your TeraStation’s Share folder and put it on your desktop, you will need to add the TeraStation to the Mac’s server list. Begin by clicking Go, and then choose Connect to Server.

Enter your TeraStation’s IP address in the Server Address field and click Connect.

Select Guest and click on Connect. Note: If you have configured share permissions on your TeraStation, select Registered User and enter your Registered User credentials.

Select the volume that you want to mount, such as share or share-mac, from the list of folders on the TeraStation.
The share will open. A link to the shared folder will appear on your desktop.

If you don’t know your TeraStation’s IP address, there are
several ways to get it.

One simple method is to use the TeraStation client utility (included on your CD) to find your TeraStation(s). Just click on the tab for your TeraStation and you’ll be able to read its IP address. You must have a Windows PC running on the network to use the TeraStation client.

If you have an all-Mac network with no Windows PCs available, you may have to get the TeraStation’s IP address from your router’s configuration utility. Consult your router’s documentation for instructions on identifying the TeraStation’s IP address.

SD