PDA

View Full Version : Any preparation needed for NATS interview?

sccowell
12th Aug 2006, 19:59
Hi,

I have just been told i've passed the 1st stage of NATS selection. In the e-mail I received it says the following concerning the 2nd stage:

"The day will consist of a Motivation paper, a personality questionnaire, computer tests, and a structured interview. There is no preparation required for this stage."

Is that true that no preparation is required? Does that mean the technical interview is not on this day, because i would definitely need to prepare for that? Am I right in thinking the selection process has changed to 3 stages, now including an assessment day for final stage? I've been on the NATS careers website, but the link for the selection process does not seem to be working.

Thanks for any help

zoink
12th Aug 2006, 20:34
all the info you need in here

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=78751

and yes you need to prepare!! :)

Gonzo
12th Aug 2006, 23:02
A little knowledge can be dangerous.....

scowell,

For the new second stage, there is no Technical Interview. That comes in stage three.

SACrIGGER
12th Aug 2006, 23:03
The best advice I could give is speak to HR, (very nice and helpfull people). If you can't get a definate answer there, then prepare for this stage, as if it was the old style second stage with the tech interview etc, so do as much prep work as possible. Any prep work done at this stage, will only be of use later on in your application, so it won't be done in vein.

Hope this helps, Ian Dickson.

Gonzo
13th Aug 2006, 00:39
Errr, hello! Can anyone hear me? :O

No technical interview in the new stage 2 which takes place at CTC.:ok:

sccowell
13th Aug 2006, 07:56
Thank you for the quick responses. I'm guessing this split of the selection process into 3 stages is a new thing as I have not seen any other posts speaking of 3 stages.

I don't know what to expect from the motivation paper, possibly something similar to the stage 1 paper? If no-one knows I'll give HR a call tomorrow to see if they can shed some light on it.

SACrIGGER
13th Aug 2006, 09:40
Sorry Gonzo,

I must have wrote my reply as you posted yours, sorry for any conflicting information.

Gonzo
13th Aug 2006, 09:42
No probs Ian!:ok:

The motivation paper will be based onthe document to which you should have been given the link for.

marmotte
13th Aug 2006, 18:06
No probs Ian!:ok:

The motivation paper will be based onthe document to which you should have been given the link for.

My advice is study this document well. The motivation paper, although not too difficult, does put you under a lot of time pressure. Things that may seem trivial in the document may also appear....

Best of luck :ok:

vixen1
14th Aug 2006, 19:54
Hi,The motivation paper is also concerning me. I haven't received anything at all (not even a link) in my e-mail from Hr. sccowell - The process has very recently been changed to 3 stages. The third stage will consist of a technical interview, another Hr interview and a team exercise. Hope this helps!

sccowell
14th Aug 2006, 21:46
Apparently the link for the motivation paper material is sent once you have booked your second stage interview. Haven't booked mine yet so I can't say for sure!

vixen1
15th Aug 2006, 21:28
sccowell - nope, I booked my date and nothing. Only a line saying no preparation required (after a line that says there will be a motivation paper - WTF?!).:rolleyes:

runtime_error
23rd Aug 2006, 13:46
I had my interview on 22nd June and the link I was given upon initially booking this date was:

http://natscareers.co.uk/docs/atc_intro_book1.pdf

I hasten to add that the new interview process may mean changes to this booklet have been made since, although I think most of the substantive content would be the same. I'm just waiting for my medical now, and the best advice I could give for the 'new' second stage is to brush up on your math skills (again!) for the knowledge paper, have a GENERAL grasp of Graham Duke's 'abc of Air Traffic Control' as this is, in my opinion, the simplest 'bare bones' guide available, think of examples of various 'situations' for the HR interview so you don't get caught out, get in a few visits to units, do your own research at the library and on the internet, and really show your enthusiasm when you get the chance at the interview. I found the tiscali site invaluable as Billy Onions is comprehensive in his coverage and it worked for me! Other than that, just get plenty of sleep the night before!

Good luck. :ok: