PDA

View Full Version : Ocean Sky

we_never_change
12th Aug 2006, 12:42
Anybody have any details on this new start up called Ocean Sky? They are planned to start with two CL604's on the UK register, both aircraft currently with NEA at Manchester but will be possibly based at Prestwick

WNC

Bumz_Rush
13th Aug 2006, 08:26
Is associated with a larger company, in the sea freight business.

They have operations in East Midlands Airport, and sales office in Central London.

The two CL604' s are in Manchester for JAA conversion, and the first should have been prepared by this week.

I was under the impression that the aircraft were to be based in the south.

The "management" are Prestwick based, and the "owners" are London based Russians.

I for one would like a flight deck job with them.

Thats all I know.

Bumz....(hint)

Looooong haul
14th Aug 2006, 07:58
Rich guys buy some existing business and give it a lot of marketing spin. Will find out in a year or two that they will not make money and sell it. :8

Get a bit of deja vu..... (a new Greggair)

Bumz_Rush
14th Aug 2006, 09:41
There is a slight difference.

I do believe Ocean Sky will fly......

The investment has been large, and normally Russians do not invest for the short term.

Watch this space....

Bumz

Daifly
14th Aug 2006, 18:52
It's still the Cochrane Brothers though isn't it...?

Aslak
15th Aug 2006, 13:22
Not sure but understood that some people who were associated with Air Cordial (AOC holder for ex-Air Scandic) are working in Ocean Sky.

Heard only nice things of those guys...

Looooong haul
15th Aug 2006, 13:57
BR

I don't say that they will not fly but more that they will have to accepot loosing money. Give them 5 years of losses and see whether they are still happy :ouch:

Looooong haul
16th Aug 2006, 08:25
Any feedback how their 747 freighter operation is going?

Fried_Chicken
21st Aug 2006, 20:55
Both OCS CL604's were noted parked at Manchester yesterday still sporting their US registrations. Nice colour scheme though, grey & green

FC

bacardi walla
22nd Aug 2006, 07:28
UK business aircraft charter broker Ocean Sky has snapped up Manchester-based aircraft management company Aircordial.

The acquisition forms part of the London-based company’s strategy to expand its business aviation services portfolio and follows hot on the heels of the formation last month of a new fixed-based operation at Prestwick airport in Scotland. Air operator certificate (AOC) holder Aircordial will be relocated to Nottingham East Midlands airport and will operate under the Ocean Sky banner.

In December, Ocean Sky, formerly Aircraft Zone, sold a 49% stake to Luxembourg-based investment company Ocean Group. “This investment has and will enable Ocean Sky to become a key player in this market and to continue to invest in business aviation-related companies and services [in Europe and Russia],” says Ocean Sky director Kurosh Tehranchien.

Itswindyout
22nd Aug 2006, 09:54
How long before the 2x 604s get on line, I assume an N reg indicates the non JAA status of the aircraft.

I also thought that the "press anouncement", related to past achievments, not current developments, perhaps Baccardi can expand. "December" being mentioned.

I thought Aircordial was a dead operation. ex Manchester.

Windy

bacardi walla
22nd Aug 2006, 10:00
Check out the website. Not much more on there though :suspect:

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
27th Aug 2006, 23:11
Think at least one of the a/c is to be registered G-OCSD.

Anyone know of anymore similar a/c which are being registered at MAN for private or business use?
- I had heard that a local sports management company was looking to purchase and register a CL-601/4 for use by it's clients.

Fried_Chicken
28th Aug 2006, 00:06
In addition to the two Challengers, Ocean Sky also appear to operate/own a Jetstream 31 (namely GLOVB). Possibly a company hack or are they looking at using it on charters?

Fried Chicken

Flintstone
28th Aug 2006, 10:16
Think at least one of the a/c is to be registered G-OCSD.
At least one? You think they might both be registered G-OSCD?
:E But I know what you mean.

Klatsch
30th Aug 2006, 21:25
I hear the other could be G-OCSC and ops could be imminent! I also only hear good things about the AOC management.

Itswindyout
11th Sep 2006, 17:57
Will this be relocation of EMA Ops, or just a hanger office for the excess stores.????

FLEXJET
11th Sep 2006, 18:29
Ocean Sky is setting up a brokerage business, that may explain the Luton opening...

Nice colors, and aircraft...

http://www.abpic.co.uk/popup.php?q=1007344

Yak97
12th Sep 2006, 07:43
Aircraft to be operated by Twinjet at Luton????

Itswindyout
12th Sep 2006, 14:09
Unless they have not had the AOC reissued.

OS have a strong brokerage office in London.

windy

spanishflea
14th Sep 2006, 20:35
G-OCSC and G-OCSD both registered as of the 4th September it seems.

Fried_Chicken
15th Sep 2006, 21:45
One if not both of the Challengers are now in service. One passed through Luton enroute to Moscow after picking up pax there

Fried Chicken

Itswindyout
20th Sep 2006, 16:54
VNO, overnight, and on the road again next morning.

Looked good, but sorry no idea of trip details.

Windy

bacardi walla
20th Sep 2006, 17:37
How come the folks at Ocean Sky don't reply to emails regarding employment ??

Itswindyout
21st Sep 2006, 05:30
Perhaps on the move. Any news re the LTN office........windy

bacardi walla
21st Sep 2006, 07:07
Perhaps on the move. Any news re the LTN office........windy

Does it take 3 weeks to move ??

I was under the impression that EMA was to be the new base :uhoh:

Daifly
28th Sep 2006, 20:54
Are they operating off Air Cordiale's AOC then?

No1Avi8tor
17th Nov 2006, 13:04
How come the folks at Ocean Sky don't reply to emails regarding employment ??

did you send your Job request to [email protected]?? i heard they are hireing type rated pilots again

No1Avi8tor
17th Nov 2006, 13:16
Hey Ocean Sky are searching for Pilots again!

bacardi walla
17th Nov 2006, 18:45
did you send your Job request to [email protected]?? i heard they are hireing type rated pilots again

Yes I did and faxed them also. When you ring, they say someone will be in touch !!!

Itswindyout
17th Nov 2006, 19:22
His E Mail address is now rejected by the company server, has he moved on already...?????

LRdriver II
17th Nov 2006, 20:27
Yes NC has moved on.

Tequilaboy
12th Mar 2007, 02:11
Is what used to be Aircraft Zone (Cochrane Bros) As far as i know russian investment = jets which in turn = brand change

Fried_Chicken
29th Jun 2007, 23:25
I see OCS have ordered a BBJ. It's a big step up from a Chally to the baby Boeing

FC

FLEXJET
2nd Jul 2007, 07:16
They are to use one of the ex GE BBJs now registered N781TS until delivery of the brand new one in 2011.

They opened a sales office in Zurich several weeks ago.

Sheffieldstag
31st Jul 2007, 12:04
I heard on the grapevine that Ocean Sky were looking to expand its EMA base.

MissApproach
31st Jul 2007, 14:36
Hi All,

I was meant to have an interview recently for a Flight Attendant position on a Learjet60 Luton based.
I have now been told they do not need anyone at the moment :sad:.
It is such a hard business to get in to, I was very keen to work for Ocean sky.
If they are expanding their EMA base I hope that will mean they will need a Flight Attendant!

MissA

Chilli Monster
31st Jul 2007, 18:57
I heard on the grapevine that Ocean Sky were looking to expand its EMA base

What EMA base? None of their aircraft are based here.

Meglos
1st Aug 2007, 14:59
From Manchester Evening News 31/07/2007

-------------

AN EXECUTIVE jet business based at Manchester Airport has been sold for more than £10m.

Ocean Sky Aviation has won the race to land Northern Executive Aviation (http://www.northernexec.com/) in the face of competition from the US and Europe, as businesses look to cash in on the corporate jet boom.

NEA was established in 1961 and was owned for the last 28 years by a Dutch businessman, Andre Van Gils, who lives in Switzerland.

In the mid-1960s, Leeds United and former Chelsea owner Ken Bates was a director.

The company employs 60 people and turned over £9.2m in 2006. The figure is expected to reach £11m this year. It has been profitable for the past three years after posting losses in 2004.

NEA repairs and maintains private jets and operates a VIP terminal for passengers travelling on executive aircraft. Its purpose-built HQ, opened in 1998, has won awards as the top executive jet handling facility in Europe.

Following the acquisition, NEA's terminal will be rebranded as the Ocean Sky Jet Centre and its maintenance division as Ocean Sky Engineering.

mmouse
4th Aug 2007, 21:57
I do'nt think those figures tally with those filed at Companies House.

psmithmg
20th Aug 2007, 14:18
Any idea about how much a F/O is being paid within Oceansky?

Thanks.