PDA

View Full Version : NetJets Europe Pilot Union

morescalps
12th Aug 2006, 10:04
Nearly 600 NetJets Europe Pilots have no legal or contract negotiation representation.
The NetJets US Pilots, more than 2000, have succesfully negotiated significant improvements to their T&C's.

Pilots on the UK or Isle of Man contracts might want to consider joining the Independant Pilots Association:

www.ipapilot.com (http://www.ipapilot.com)

Together we can enter a constructive dialog with managment to improve our T&C's.

For more information also check the website: jetblasters

morescalps
14th Aug 2006, 13:52
The more people join the better.
:ok:

Kelly Hopper
15th Aug 2006, 11:46
This is odd. So many guys and girls are so unhappy at NJE. So when you have a chance at doing something about it. Not a single response after 3 days posting!!! ?????
YOU CANNOT ALL BE SO AFRAID?

EatMyShorts!
15th Aug 2006, 12:17
Maybe we prefer writing at another forum !?

box
15th Aug 2006, 13:15
:confused: Well and that suits the company very much. Discuss Netjets issues in public. It may help you guys!?

aka punisher
18th Aug 2006, 20:59
Box is right, eatmyshorts!The private forum on jetblasters is a good thing, but more can be achieved when there is a more public debate.The argument that it might hurt the company and therefore ourselves is a wrong one. By going public Netjets will respond quicker to our demands.Next to that it is about time the innocent people applying are warned what they are getting into.Fearmanagement tactics are still being used and that is the reason why netjets pilots are on a private website.
Therefore a honest, public discussion with good arguments is what we need , no need to use bad language, just the facts, because they are shocking enough...

Smeagel
19th Aug 2006, 23:01
Well said punisher.

NJE management shy away from publicity . Why? Because what they do in the name of the company, the way they treat their employees is wrong.

They change terms and conditions as and when they want. A written contract? Hah! Might as well use it as toilet paper.

Pay? Despite what they tell you it is below average, more so if you are based in mainland Europe and pay taxes. Oh, and crew who are below the radar in their own countries are coming to the attention of their tax departments. The company will obligingly give them all an employees details including pay earned over a number of years without even telling the employee they are doing so.

They do not contribute to those employees social obligations (health, pension etc) in their countries.

Pay rise is 2% per year.

Recent attempts to appease crew with 6/4 in the summer and 6/5 in the winter have been received with amusement mainly by those who point out that at their interview they were told it would be 6/5 all year round only to be presented with a contract saying otherwise on their indoc course. The company made a big deal recently about their generosity in giving people who book leave their time off without squeezing extra days work in that month. Big deal.

They fire on a whim. It is not for nothing that the Portuguese pilots association (APPLA) has chosen to become involved as are IPA. There are clear cases of inappropriate handling of so called disciplinary cases where management have ridden rough shod over the rules and laws of employment.

It has reached the stage now where there are so many aggrieved ex-employees the situation can no longer be hidden. The new HR Director must be so pleased to have inherited the problems created by staff who are underqualified and untrained but have been promoted to positions of authority where they can do the most damage, covering up their 'faux pas' as best they can. Unfortunately for them the lid is about to come off the pot.

Those of you who are so keen to get into the company should wonder why so many want to leave. In a poll on the NJE crew forum 70% said they had applied for jobs elsewhere. Why do you think that might be?

Seriously my friends, think twice before coming here. It might be better than the job you have now but there are so many better places where you will be treated with dignity and as a professional.

Should you want an independent view call APPLA on +351 936 254 714 or the IPA on +44 1444 441149 The cost of a phone call could save you from making a mistake.

box
20th Aug 2006, 19:53
I know that NJE pilots have been 'speaking' about joining a union for some time now. The problem seems to be that they all live in different countries
(unlike the pilots of Netjets USA).
What about approaching the Portugese pilot union. Isn't the opertional HQ in Lisbon and therefore a common ground there?

Looooong haul
20th Aug 2006, 20:00
Smeagel a bit harsh to refer to yourselves this way:

The new HR Director must be so pleased to have inherited the problems created by staff who are underqualified and untrained

A little bird told me you where fired last year because of the mess you created yourselves :hmm:

morescalps
20th Aug 2006, 20:38
Look at what the teamsters achieved in the US- with 600 Pilots- we shoulod be able to negotiate some improvements...
Maybe the customers should know about the unilateral contract changes, social contributions, salary levels...NJE the best in the skies- can't be if Easy Jet the "LOW COST" carrier pays more than Net Jets-

NetJets Pilots earn less than Ryanair and EasyJet Pilots- and we are supposed to provide the best flight service?

Our customers should know!

Smeagel
20th Aug 2006, 22:54
A little bird told me you where fired last year because of the mess you created yourselves :hmm:

Haha, nice try Looooong haul. Is that five 'o's or four? I'll be sure to get it right for your birthday card.

By the way. The last person that tried to 'out' me was banned from here. Best be careful. Who'd there be to report back to Lisbon if they kick you out?

And please make up your mind. I'm either describing myself as responsible for the current mess (undertrained and underqualified) or fired last year. Which is it?

aka punisher
22nd Aug 2006, 11:56
Loooooooooooong Haul, WHY are you always so cynical towards other people wanting things changed?
Your replies have never been constructive, only destructive. Any member who looks at your record of posts will conclude the same:negativity all the way.
What we are trying to establish within Netjets is a public debate about things that we think need to be changed in order for us to stay there and look at Netjets as a employer you want to stay with until retirement.
You are only trying to frustrate that debate and are trying to divide the working force.That worked in the past, where you are still living, but not anymore.
We are not afraid anymore for the management, We have enough people organized to disrupt things if we have to, we allready have a voice. We will soon have a official representative, and we will be immune from people like you who oppose to change and want the old , corrupt system to remain. History has shown that eventually all these old corrupt systems will cease to excist, either with resistance from within or from outside.
We don't want much. We want a organisation that plays things fair and by the book, we want to be able to defend ourselves if we are accused and we want Netjets to follow regulations and not bend them all the time, putting us in a compromising situation if the inspector is waiting at the end of the next leg, because they will never back us up for the things they force us to do like carrying defect items with us the whole tour instead of writing them in the technical log like we are supposed to do, or giving showtimes that only exist on paper. If something ever happens, and I hope it never will, the first things the investigators will do is look at our creditcarddetails when we checked out of the hotel.
I can give another million examples but everybody from within knows what I am talking about.We like the job but want to operate within the limits.

winkle
22nd Aug 2006, 17:01
good luck folks. i only wanted the best for the company and bent over backwards to help but when the time came for a reciprocal even though it was ( in my eyes) a good deal for the company i was told Non! so had to vote with my license and go elsewhere. shame really, great bunch of people in the company. ;)

major C. Draper
22nd Aug 2006, 18:59
Dear Ladies and Gentleman,

I found serious allegations in previous post and would't have believed them but my Grandgrandson, who joined Netjets 6 months ago confirmed with the utmost sincerety the findings from several of the forum collegues.
Why for my grandmothers sake would a company with the reputation of Netjets do such things?
Gosh, money does do strange things to people....
With the utmost respect,
Yours sincerely,

Major C. Draper
wwII veteran