PDA

View Full Version : Where is the thread - Loadsheet Knowledge ?

older_wiser
11th Aug 2006, 23:25
Where is the thread Loadsheet Knowledge ?

I am flabbergasted that it is deemed so contraversial that it had to be removed.

What was the problem was it that i stated too many wannabees work in the industry or was it that there were too many home truths published !

I think neither of the above, it is just that this forum is designed for people to blow their own trumpets and belittle others and when it is pointed out the administrators can't deal with it so they delete it - CRAZY

I spent a lot of time writing a post that i thought was fair and indictive to the state of the industry and the dispatcher role in particular.

I thought that forums were designed for intelligent people to have intelligent discussions but obviously not.

If anyone can tell me why the thread was removed then i'll be interested to know.
But From now on maybe i'll stick to Pravda as the freedom of speech is greater !

RTOW
12th Aug 2006, 03:38
Older wiser

I completely concur – I tried visiting the thread yesterday, I thought it was me?

I didn’t feel that any of the posts warranted its removal, there were a few issues or points which may be deemed controversial but our posts were concise and based on e real world experiences.

No Airlines, GHAs or Airports were specifically named; the content was a fairly accurate account t of what actually happens.

I can only surmise that a complaint has been received and somebody is infringing freedom of speech in order to suppress the truth?

I too spent some considerable time articulating pros and cons related to a career in Dispatch these days – helpful for any wanabees I think?

In my opinion the thread should be reinstated without further a do…….

RTOW:=

RTOW
12th Aug 2006, 03:45
Correction:

A certain Scandinavian GHA (/Airline) was mentioned, my apologies if this was the reason for the thread removal, however the point raised was a positive and complementary one?

Is it GE taking the hump?
:*

older_wiser
12th Aug 2006, 08:44
RTOW

Sorry for being naive, but who is GE ?

The Scandanavian GHA was praised by yourself and i agree.

As i said last night, i am baffled why this thread was removed as there have been far more contraversial threads in the past.

I do have one theory but that's all it is, so i best keep it to myself

:ugh:

RTOW
12th Aug 2006, 11:54
I was just having a rant

lets just say pprune is monitored by senior personnel at ALL GHAs and airlines as they're more than interested in what the workers have to say - most of whom worked through the ranks to where they are today and have made the conscious decision of 'crossing the line' (most without any formal man management qualifications)

I’m mystified to the censorship which has been applied to this thread:confused:

older_wiser
12th Aug 2006, 13:47
I was just having a rant

lets just say pprune is monitored by senior personnel at ALL GHAs and airlines as they're more than interested in what the workers have to say - most of whom worked through the ranks to where they are today and have made the conscious decision of 'crossing the line' (most without any formal man management qualifications)

I’m mystified to the censorship which has been applied to this thread:confused:

How very true !

Self preservation by those who " crossed the line " but are not made accountable for the industry being the way it is !

Jetdriver
12th Aug 2006, 14:05
Two groups can delete a thread. The first are the moderators and the second are the original thread starters. Having just checked I can confirm it wasn't the moderators.........C'est la vie ! ;)

older_wiser
12th Aug 2006, 15:01
Jetdriver :

Thank you, that explains it and makes it clearer

:rolleyes:

YaYaYa
12th Aug 2006, 17:59
I'd been following that thread myself and I couldn't see why the mods would remove it, I've seen much more controvertial stuff on here but once it's clean and mentions nobody in a bad light then it's ok I guess. That said thought I'm not sure why the original poster removed it,maybe a few of his/her colleagues realised that it was them that was the topic of the original post,pressure from above n all thta. Anyway, pity cos it was a good post..

Ya

older_wiser
12th Aug 2006, 18:13
I was dissapointed it was removed as i thought it was a constructive discussion, OK there were points that some people may not like but at the end of the day we are all adults and are entitled to our opinions.

I personally was speaking from experience and was trying to point what i felt were a few home truths.

I can only imagine that the original poster withdrew for reasons pretty close to what ya ya says, perhaps he/she felt that they may be recognised by the Dispatchers they spoke about or perhaps he/she didn't like their motives for starting the thread being questioned.

So come on Beamer why did you remove the thread ?
We all have the right of reply here ?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

RTOW
13th Aug 2006, 00:04
Someone’s been rumbled.........
Shame as it's quite refreshing to hear people’s similar experiences / gripes.

Perhaps a new thread with repeated comment may be in order?