PDA

View Full Version : 1066 Support Group

DaveO'Leary
11th Aug 2006, 21:02
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b9/dazdaz1/sellers-strangelove.jpgHi all

I've been asked/requested to bring forth the needs of families (also on mil site) the total loss of any compensation re; the soldiers who gave all from 1066 Battle (Hastings) A claim has been forwarded to the MOD. Years don't cover shi& for loss of earnings, And these boys who gave all, need some 'comeback'

Years from now..They might say the same of the Falklands

matt_hooks
12th Aug 2006, 00:20
Hey, I think one of my relatives was mortally wounded in that battle, seem to remember he was called Harold, something about him getting an eyeful and then karking it. All I can say is putting naked women on the battlefield is a DIRTY tactit IMHO!

So anyway, about this compensation. How much you think I can expect. When you factor in 940 years of compound interest, I reckon 3 pigs, a goat and the most beautiful woman from the village would have been a fair price, so that works out to, what, 30 million pigs, you can keep the goats, and I think I'll waive the interest on the maidens, one is MORE than enough!

tony draper
12th Aug 2006, 00:35
One lady was indeed on the battlefield,albeit after the battle,Miss Edith Swan Neck Harolds bit on the side, she was sent out to find Harrolds body as she was the only one who knew what he looked like without his kecks on, because after the battle those Normans stripped all the dead of their trousers and sent them to France,and for the first time in French history chaps walked the streets of Paris without their arses on show,however even after they discovered trousers and even to this day, they still piss in the street.
:cool:

matt_hooks
12th Aug 2006, 00:41
I say, that's a bit rich isn't it? They do at least provide a plank to p##s against, to prevent the miniature stature of the average Frenchmans "old man" from shocking passing drivers and causing accidents!

Is also useful for improving your aim, and a real artist can write his name and the names of both his lovers, main gauche et main droit, in a single sitting (or should that be standing?)

This is, of course, the origin of the phrase p##s artist!

pigboat
12th Aug 2006, 02:17
Is also useful for improving your aim, and a real artist can write his name and the names of both his lovers, main gauche et main droit, in a single sitting (or should that be standing?)

I once did the same in the snow outside my place of lodging. Unfortunately for me my landlord recognized his wife's hand writing.