PDA

View Full Version : Multi engine hours

six-sixty
11th Aug 2006, 16:15
Hello to all, I'm researching going somewhere (open minded about uk, europe, n,america etc) to get hold of about 50 hrs multi time. I was wondering if anyone had any recent experience of any such company that has decent quality crates at nice prices?

much obliged - PM me if you prefer.

cheers
SS

CaptYanknBank
11th Aug 2006, 19:47
Went to ADP (Brackett airfield) in California.
Acft aint the best quality but were actually reliable when I was there....:}
Seneca 1's.....:eek:
Very good IR flying around the Southern California region....:ok:
Great trips to Big Bear, Vegas, Grand Canyon, Mojave Desert etc....:D
Good service from the staff altho it's been 2-3 years since i've been.
Cheers
CY&B

Fair_Weather_Flyer
11th Aug 2006, 21:00
......but ADP have now closed their doors. Anglo-American Aviation in California might be a decent bet. It's hard to rent a twin in the US though unless you already have lots of twin hours; insurance you see.

Mercenary Pilot
11th Aug 2006, 21:28
Yeah, insurance is a pain on twins in the USA, you could try South Africa.

K. Soze
11th Aug 2006, 22:33
Havn't tried them and have no idea about the company but have a look at Egnatia Aviation in Greece. They have DA42 with G1000 glass at £136.30 (€200.44) per hour wet.

six-sixty
12th Aug 2006, 17:10
Havn't tried them and have no idea about the company but have a look at Egnatia Aviation in Greece. They have DA42 with G1000 glass at £136.30 (€200.44) per hour wet.

That's pretty good isn't it! I'd be there already at that price but alas they're apparently not solo hiring it.

Trismegistro
12th Aug 2006, 19:28
You can try this page, you gotta pay for the info, but if its true what they say, they really deserve the money:

http://www.private2atp.com/cheapest.php

If you register, could you tell us where are those prices??;)

wingnut-will
13th Aug 2006, 06:29
I am going to Ari-Ben Aviator Inc., in the States. 100hrs ME for 10,000$ incuding FAA CPL/IR (ME).

BlueRobin
13th Aug 2006, 09:12
No they don't.
http://www.aribenaviator.com/100hr.html

Chinchilla.612
13th Aug 2006, 20:41
Give the guys a try at "Riverside Flight Center" over in Tulsa. Absolutely brilliant bunch, and good aircraft at affordable rates.

Chinchilla.

wingnut-will
13th Aug 2006, 21:43
No they don't.
http://www.aribenaviator.com/100hr.html

Yes they bloody well do! In the bottom left corner of the link you posted! (OK, they are charging 16.5 grand for it now.)

EpsilonVaz
15th Aug 2006, 10:54
That's pretty good isn't it! I'd be there already at that price but alas they're apparently not solo hiring it.

They will allow you to solo hire it with a safety pilot.

wbryce
15th Aug 2006, 11:49
Yes they bloody well do! In the bottom left corner of the link you posted! (OK, they are charging 16.5 grand for it now.)

Interesting, Is that 100 hours course something like 50hrs P1 and 50hrs flying PAX with another student? or is it full 100hrs P1 minus check out and MEP rating hours?

Fair_Weather_Flyer
15th Aug 2006, 12:25
On paper it should work like this. You fly as P1 all the time, under the hood or a similar view limiting device. They pair you up with an FAA CPL/IR holder. He can act as safety pilot under FAA rules and can log the hours. You pay the lions share of the cost and although he never touches the controls he gets to log cheap hours.

potkettleblack
15th Aug 2006, 14:23
For people logging under JAA rules then divide the hours by half.

Fair_Weather_Flyer
15th Aug 2006, 15:08
That's the way it used to be potkettleback, but the school have recently figured a way round it, to attract more JAA time builders. If you have ALL of the stick time, then you can log ALL of the time under JAA. Now if YOU were acting as safety pilot (as used to happen in the past) then no, you could not log that time. But as I say, you're not there as safety pilot, you would be the one doing ALL of the flying. I am 100% sure that I'm correct on this one, though I'm sure there will be disbelievers.

Best thing would be to email or phone them to ask how JAA guys can log all the hours as P1. I don't work for them though.

potkettleblack
15th Aug 2006, 18:18
Personally I wouldn't take what they say verbatim. Instead if anyone is considering this then best to cross check it with LASORS and if still in doubt put it in writing to the CAA and see what they say.

smith
15th Aug 2006, 19:36
Do you still need a safety pilot in a twin if you are only flying VFR?

Desert Budgie
15th Aug 2006, 21:36
There is no point in the PF flying VFR as the safety pilot cannot log any time. He/she can only log time if the PF is under the hood. That 100hrs is only cheap if you log half as safety pilot. If you want to log 100 hours as PF not under the hood then expect to pay twice as much for your time.

However the answer to your question is no, you don't need a safety pilot if you are flying and you ARE NOT under the hood. The only time you may require a safety pilot is for insurance reasons. some schools require you have a minimum of 50-100hours in twins before you can rent on your own. If you dont have this time, a safety pilot with sufficient hours could fly with you.

DB :ok: